April 25, 2024, 12:07:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Hit Log question  (Read 31689 times)
BriceClark

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2009, 06:12:02 AM »

Hey. I just joined here about 5 days ago and plan on staying for a While! Smiley About the Hit Log... It is set on "www.website.ws/GHD12marketing" BUT I use "www.FREEDOM.ws/GHD12marketing". So is there a way to switch the two so I can view my hits still? Thanks!
BriceClark

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2009, 06:52:50 AM »

Does anyone know if it's possible to change the hit log tracker from website.ws/(your affiliate name) to my.ws/(your affiliate name) ?

I've been putting out www.my.ws for all of my links b/c I liked the inference of ownership. I totally neglected that the hitlog was counting hits on website.ws only!!!

Please help - I don't want to change all the links if I don't have to!!!

Jason Mueller

Yup Im having the same question/problem... I would like to know if there is any way around this to switch the referral links on our hit logs? Anyone know yet? Thanks Smiley
L Hamer

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2009, 07:04:09 AM »

I signed up yesterday and did some promotion aswell as sending out some invites and my hit log shows nothing  Huh  I've used some of the promotion methods for another site I have and it always brings a good amount of traffic, so I know I've had hits but I'm frustrated it isn't showing up.  Is it because I changed my default url?  Any help much appreciated.
HNorton

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2009, 04:02:11 PM »

I also would like an answer, I have at the present, well over 400 hits to my hit logs, what are they being shown, do all receive the same movie, or do any of them get the movie, I am at a loss as to what the procedures are for visitors, what is the meaning of the "unique IP's", I know IP's, and unique, but what part do they play in our system, I am sure there are others who would like some of these questions resolved.

I have literally thousands of visitors waiting to come to my website, I would like to know when I will be able to contact them, and how will I know they have signed up.

Hal Norton
shedmaster
Leo Williams

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2009, 07:02:25 AM »

I had a question about the hit lot.. I know that on the right it shows where the "hit" originated from but a lot of mine are blank so what does that mean?
S_Jones1

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2009, 02:34:38 PM »

Hi
I am new also.
See if you can install a guest log. Ask for e mails for personal contact and question session.
S-Jones1
SharessaThompson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2009, 06:37:27 AM »

Hi Everyone,

Following numbers show up in my hit counts but I am unclear as to what it means exactly in terms of actual visitors to my replicated site.  Can anyone tell me which number means real live views of my site?

Total Records: 162
Unique IP Addresses: 49

My Assumtion is the unique IP Addresses are real people viewing my site and not sure that the other number is.  Am I right?

Thanks for all your help and feedback.
 Grin Grin Grin

------------------------------------------
Sharessa Thompson
DPro

Internet Marketer & Search Expert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2009, 06:54:37 AM »

The unique IP address means that unique computers. However it is possible to have more then 1 unique visitor from 1 computer because it may be a shared terminal.
So both the numbers show real live views, total records of 162 includes both unique and repeat visitors.

Hope this helps.
Cheers

Hi Everyone,

Following numbers show up in my hit counts but I am unclear as to what it means exactly in terms of actual visitors to my replicated site.  Can anyone tell me which number means real live views of my site?

Total Records: 162
Unique IP Addresses: 49

My Assumtion is the unique IP Addresses are real people viewing my site and not sure that the other number is.  Am I right?

Thanks for all your help and feedback.
 Grin Grin Grin

Want to install a blog for your GDI domain name?
Send me a private message to get help
Howard Orloff

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2009, 03:10:00 AM »

I have seen a huge spike in traffic lately on my .ws website.
I'm far from complaining, but I am curious to know where the traffic is
coming from.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Howard
BrandonE

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2009, 03:08:58 AM »

I have a question about my hits. They aren't showing up. I know I am getting them, but they aren't showing up in the hit logs and I am confused as to why this might be. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hey i Had the same problem as well,  I msged the support centre and was given a reply within 6 hours.. Apparently it will not track hits if you have put "Freedom.ws"  in your replicated site. you have to choose any other sites other than "Freedom.ws". Wink

following is the exact message i got from the support team Grin

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Good Morning Brandon,

The Hit Logs will only track  visits, or "hits", to your Affiliate URL
of http://website.ws/username. Your affiliate site is currently
directing to http://freedom.ws/index.dhtml?sponsor=username&chk=1 which
is not tracked in the Hot Logs.

To have your domain successfully tracked please login to your members
area select the "My Replicated Sites" button located on the left and
choose any of the options other then the Freedom.ws capture pages.

If you need additional help, please reply to this email making sure to
include the original messages for an accurate response. If you prefer,
you may call us at (1) 760-602-3000 M-F 8-5 Pacific Time. Please listen
to the entire list of telephone choices in order to ensure you reach the
proper department.

Kindest Regards,

Courtney
.WS Affiliate Support
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Happy GDIng!! Grin
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 03:11:19 AM by ChipSnyder » Logged
Chris Davis

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2010, 11:37:51 AM »

Hello Everyone.  I just started.  I changed my website around some to make it look better.  But my hit log is still tracking hits on my old site.  How do I move my hit log where it will start tracking my updated website.
D_Graham

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2010, 06:44:01 AM »

How can I find out how many hits I have gotten on my website?
I have advertised it for thousands of times but the only figure I see is something like three hits if I am looking at the right stuff
KittyBrown

Kitty Brown [Kitty Jellinek maiden name]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2010, 04:04:34 PM »

How can I find out how many hits I have gotten on my website?
I have advertised it for thousands of times but the only figure I see is something like three hits if I am looking at the right stuff

Hi D_Graham.

The hit logs only tell you how many people actually clicked through to the replicated "website.ws/(your affiliate name)"
If your website links to the "website.ws/(your affiliate name)" then it means that only three people who came to your website clicked through to your replicated site.

To track all/any site statistics go to Google and sign up for Google Analytics [it is free].
Google will give you a code snippet to place on your site which will track everything for you and give you in-depth information on where your visitors came from etc.

Hope this info helps,

Cheers,

Kitty.

Kitty Jellinek is a published author and web developer. Online for over 12 years and loving it.
My contact details Private Messaging etc can be found at: http://mikode.net/ - the Worldwide Local Community Network site.
Eddy Modde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2010, 12:20:54 PM »

Hi Kitty,
How do you put the google analytics code on your webpages with the GDI website builder?
Thanks,
Eddy
TimothyEller

Lets network sometime

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2011, 01:05:15 PM »

Free tracker by shortening your links at bit.ly

Timothy Eller
Online business solutions
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: