April 25, 2024, 08:24:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Hit Log question  (Read 31692 times)
DPro

Internet Marketer & Search Expert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2007, 06:35:34 AM »

Hi again Frank. I feel so bl----dy stupid at times. I have never used a Forum previously. So once again i am completely at a loss as to what you are asking me to do. You have asked me to put my name/details on or in the "Form". What form??? Where is the Form?? To which form are you referring Frank. I am sorry for my ignorance and in 12 months we will share a beer and a laugh about this when I meet you at the next international convention. But right now you are talking "Chinese" to me. I have no idea what this form is you are talking about. Do you maybe mean where I am typing now??  i will wait for your next reply and thank you kindly for your patience and understanding. By the way I sell Reggae Records on eBay and have a big range. i see by your "hair style" that you are a Bob Marley Fan (maybe??). After clarification is over I would love to send you a couple of Reggae LP's if you would like that. Just let me know. Thanks and I await your kind reply. Best from: Roger Bell

Hi Roger,

The "FORM" is the ticket which you had filled in previously to watch the movie. You can  see it here:
http://www.website.ws/rogerbell#ticket

The link above points to your affiliate url. Try filling up the form with another valid email.
After that check the email that you have registered with GDI, you should see a notification sent to you.

The hit logs only indicate that your page has been viewed, you will only be notified about the visitor if they choose to fill in the form.
If you want to follow through with your visitors through phone ( or any other ways besides email), you will need to put your own customised form to collect those data.

Hope that helps.  Smiley

Melissa

Want to install a blog for your GDI domain name?
Send me a private message to get help
RogerBell

Hi from: Roger Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2007, 10:46:02 PM »

Thanks heaps for that info Melissa. Now because I like and need to have things clarified and make sure I am understanding correctly. What you have suggested I do Melissa is to fill out "TheForm" - I now know what the Form is ! :-)  -  And i will fill this out with (say) a PenName like Jimmy J Ding ( not my real name!) and a phone number of my brother AND use one of my other valid email addresses - not my normal email address registered with GDI.  So i fill in the detail, like I described, to test the GDI System and see how it works. Then sit back and watch the movie ( i love it - it my favourite movie). And what you are saying is that in 24 hours or so I should get a message from GDI that a Mr jimmy J Ding recently watched my movie.

Have I got this all correct Melissa ??   And if so can I just clarify one point: Will the detail about Jimmy J Ding be emailed to my email address on file with GDI or will the info be dispalayed somwhere in my GDI Back Office, and if so where??   By the way since last time I posted I now have one SignUp - 1 in my downline. And the strange thing is I never got any notification of this whatsoever. Suddenly I had a downline. And of course all the detals of my downline guy is there. I have phone him, congratulated him on his decision and him I will hold his hand all the way to success. Ya gotta laugh Melissa. Talk about the blind leading the blind :-).   Well I know a lot more than my downline guy does and every day in every way I am learning more and more about GDI. Much thanks to kind, lovely folk like you Melissa. Thanks again and best always from: Roger Bell

Roger Bell
Mia Hart

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2007, 02:52:30 PM »

Hi,

I just joined GDI a month ago and have a question on the hit log counter for my affiliate URL.  My domain name is significantly different than my affiliate URL; however I parked my domain name with GDI instead of building my own site.  This "parking" takes a person who uses my domain name to the show_dvd web page so they get the movie right away.  The problem is, the hit log is only counting those people that hit my affiliate URL which does not show the movie.

For example:
DomainName.ws points users to www.freedom.ws/affiliatename/show_dvd

The hit log is tracking my affiliate URL of www.freedom.ws/affiliatename only.  The only hits I am getting here is myself when I click on my affiliate URL.  I am not able to track anyone at all now.

Is there a way to change this in the members panel?  Had anyone else had this experience.  I would prefer to send people to Mydomain.ws which changes to the movie because I feel that this .ws site shows the power of what GDI is all about, the opportunity to have your own company name or personal name as a top level domain.

Thanks,

Mia Hart
L Tate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2007, 02:52:30 PM »

There is an IP address that has hit my website over 24 times.  I did a search on it, and found out it list blacklisted as a "spam harvester".  Has anyone heard of this?
Paula Nernberg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2007, 12:24:35 PM »

There is an IP address that has hit my website over 24 times.  I did a search on it, and found out it list blacklisted as a "spam harvester".  Has anyone heard of this?

Never heard of it before but I did a search on it.  I found the reading quite interesting.  Apparently, listing an email on websites can lead to people harvesting that address.  The following site will give you more information.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-mail_address_harvesting

Have fun in all that you do.  Life is too short to sweat the small stuff.  A smile really is contagious. Your attitude can dictate the outcome of your experiences. Your mind is a powerful tool. Use it to enhance your life. Project yourself into the positive. Don't be a victim to yourself.
Gina_Brown

Gina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2007, 05:37:43 AM »

I have a question about my hits. They aren't showing up. I know I am getting them, but they aren't showing up in the hit logs and I am confused as to why this might be. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Chad A

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2007, 05:37:43 AM »

I think I speak for most of us here when I say that most of us are here because of the online streaming video.  It is way powerful.  It is just common sense.  We all need to have the power to track our successes with this page.

If you read this and agree with me, please reply and let's get this done.

Much respect!
Gina_Brown

Gina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2007, 03:41:04 PM »

I think I speak for most of us here when I say that most of us are here because of the online streaming video.  It is way powerful.  It is just common sense.  We all need to have the power to track our successes with this page.

If you read this and agree with me, please reply and let's get this done.

Much respect!

In agreement here.  Smiley
DHarrison

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2007, 08:25:40 PM »

I have quite a lot of hits in my hit log and some show email addresses.  I have gotten a few that have ask to be contacted and I have already done that, but my question is:  Can I contact the others on my hit log with email addresses without it being considered spam?  This is my 1st attempt at promotion and i do not want to get it wrong. 
PavelPaz Rodriguez

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2007, 04:53:27 PM »

Please somebody help me about this topic. thanks
Michael Fernald

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2007, 05:03:26 AM »

Hey Folks

What is the Hit logs purpose and where can I find the info to read about it. I can't make heads or tails out of it, What can I do with another persons IP Address.
I need input Please

Mike Anthony
Be good to one another Shocked}

Be good to each other, Remember we are all in the same Boat !!!!
mack88
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2007, 08:18:30 AM »

Hey Folks

What is the Hit logs purpose and where can I find the info to read about it. I can't make heads or tails out of it, What can I do with another persons IP Address.
I need input Please

Mike Anthony
Be good to one another Shocked}

The purpose of the hit log is:  It shows where your traffic or visitors are coming from.  That's it.  You cannot contact anyone that visits your website utilizing an IP address.  So basically if you are running several advertising campaigns, you can track the effectiveness of them.  Hit log is a simply a tracking resource that GDI provides to it's affiiates.

Hope that I answered your question.  To your success...

Frank

p.s.  If you have questions, conduct a search of the forum using the search field above.  In most cases, your question has already been answered in the past.  On top of that, you will have your answer much quicker than posting and waiting for a response from someone.

DSlone

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2007, 08:39:17 PM »

just wandering why thier are 4 w's in my hitlog page ...i type in www.website.ws or wwww.website.ws and i goes to same page.....the question is am i getting credit for either one and why is thier 4 w's in my website.ws url ...does anybody else have this problem??
J_Attard

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2007, 10:07:20 PM »

Hi,

In my HIT LOG I have several entries such as this one reproduced here:

http://www.hitsserver.com/goodadserver/?VFJDSz0xMjYz

with an IP Adreess in the Left Column.  What do they mean?  I know they are not real hits, but can anyone explain please?  Thanks.

JDattar

Jason_Mueller

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2009, 03:37:34 PM »

Does anyone know if it's possible to change the hit log tracker from website.ws/(your affiliate name) to my.ws/(your affiliate name) ?

I've been putting out www.my.ws for all of my links b/c I liked the inference of ownership. I totally neglected that the hitlog was counting hits on website.ws only!!!

Please help - I don't want to change all the links if I don't have to!!!

Jason Mueller
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: