April 23, 2024, 01:23:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Hit Log question  (Read 31672 times)
BillKelly

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2006, 01:33:57 PM »

Hello all,

Been a member for about 2 weeks - have two sign up's so far (woohoo!) and two more on the way! This is good stuff.

My question: Does the hitlog system only count hits to your "main" affiliate site (ie. www.wedsite/username.ws)?
   I've been promoting that site as well as my direct site to the shorter car movie and my direct site to the full blown longer movie.
   While keeping track of all my advertising it seems to me that only the main aff. site is being tracked.

Any insights?

Thanks!
Bill Kelly

P_Gringel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 02:00:00 AM »

Thats a good question I would like to know the answer as well!
JMurray

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 04:19:07 AM »

Hi a newbie myself but i think when your user name goe's in to any of these pages they all go though the hit logs.                         try FAQ  JMURRAY IRELAND GOODLUCK Grin
Jason Bale

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 04:19:07 AM »

As far as I can work out, Bill, this is correct.

The hit counter does only count hits to www.website.ws/<username>.  I am unsure if this default can be changed, tho../??

Regards,

Jason
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 04:19:32 AM by ChipSnyder » Logged
BillKelly

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 09:56:40 AM »

Thanks for the reply,

It'd be great if we could a) get all hits to all pages tracked and b) possibly a different hit log for each aff page.  I've been ready everything I can find online re: online marketing and networking and everything I read mentions to really track each and every ad campaign. Maybe something we can work on!

Just out of curiosity - what traffic exchanges and online marketing areas are you having the most luck with?

Thanks again for the replies,

Bill

Remember - No one who ever bought a drill wanted a drill, they wanted the hole.
S_Alcoya

Success is our way of life

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2006, 03:02:48 PM »

I suggest everyone use a tracking system to track your hits. So you can see where your hits are coming from.
You save alot of time this way.

Your Success,

Alcoya

Take Care,
Alcoya
J_Orias

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2006, 05:19:50 AM »

Hello all,

Been a member for about 2 weeks - have two sign up's so far (woohoo!) and two more on the way! This is good stuff.

My question: Does the hitlog system only count hits to your "main" affiliate site (ie. www.wedsite/username.ws)?
   I've been promoting that site as well as my direct site to the shorter car movie and my direct site to the full blown longer movie.
   While keeping track of all my advertising it seems to me that only the main aff. site is being tracked.

Any insights?

Thanks!
Bill Kelly

Hello to all and good job bill,
im new here myself about 2 weeks that i sign up to this business and right now i just have 2 sign up? well, i've been
using an auto responders or a site that offering a traffic exchange. Right now, i have over 2,245 hits but no one is signing up? so, please explain it to me what's happening to this...tell me how to used it this hit logs because all i can see is thier isp.
thanks in advance for the help i need.

Much Bless,
Julius O.
FredaLasater

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2007, 06:46:36 AM »

Thanks for the reply,

It'd be great if we could a) get all hits to all pages tracked and b) possibly a different hit log for each aff page.  I've been ready everything I can find online re: online marketing and networking and everything I read mentions to really track each and every ad campaign. Maybe something we can work on!

Thanks again for the replies,

Bill

Remember - No one who ever bought a drill wanted a drill, they wanted the hole.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 06:48:50 AM by Frank_M » Logged

Freda Lasater
RogerBell

Hi from: Roger Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2007, 10:38:03 AM »

Hi This is Roger Bell a newbie of just a couple of days. I have had about 14 hits to my site, thus far, and am very excited. However I just cant figure out how to analyize Hit Log the data. I can see the I.P. Addresses on the Hit Log list on all of the hits and some unreadable (to me) googlegook on other hits.  So my main question is: how do I know who these people are? How can I find out their details like email address and phone number etc that they would have had to input to view the movie. I'm keenAS and want to follow up with emails and phone calls whenever possible. Can anyone explain to me how I can access this data....the names and email address of my hits. Or (maybe) does Head Quarters forward this vital info on to me in due course. Urgent help is needed on this please if there is anyone. Unfortunately my upline are not contactable. I need and want to contact my "Hits" asap before they go cold, if you know what I mean. Thanks in advance for any info on this. Cheers: Roger Bell

Roger Bell
mack88
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2007, 10:49:31 AM »

A hit is nothing more than a hit.  All that it means is someone visited your GDI replicated website.  GDI does not have any information on your visitor. 

The only way to anaylze a hit to your GDI website is to look at the IP address and trace the location.  You will not obtain any data other than city, state and country.  You cannot email or phone a visitor to your GDI repiicated website.

Think about this for a moment.  When you visit a website, such as Google.com.  Does Google contact you.  No, because they do not have your contact information.  All that they record is your IP address.  That's it.  Same with your GDI websites.

The only way that you can get a visitor's contact information is if they complete the form from your lead capture page, such as www.my.ws/YourUserName.  Then and only then can you contact someone.

Hope I was able to point you and a few others in the right direction on this topic.
RogerBell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2007, 03:51:08 PM »

I hear what you are saying Frank. And thank you very much. Maybe being such a "newbie" newbie I am missing something. I thought that for someone to view the movie on my replicated site they had to fill out a ticket - like I originally did -. So if they fill out a ticket ie they give their First Name, last name and email address. What happens to that data ?? Are you telling me that Head Office does not collect this info and pass it on to me, or at least make it accessable to me. Or maybe what you are telling me is that the 14 plus "Hits" I have had have just gone to the site BUT NOT bothered to get a ticket or view the movie?  The bottom line for me is that I want to be able to follow up with phone calls and/or emails anyone who gave their details and viewed the movie. So when this happens, how do I get this vital infomation? Thanks Frank I hope you can help me out on this one. Cheers; Roger Bell

Roger Bell
mack88
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2007, 07:10:52 PM »

I hear what you are saying Frank. And thank you very much. Maybe being such a "newbie" newbie I am missing something. I thought that for someone to view the movie on my replicated site they had to fill out a ticket - like I originally did -. So if they fill out a ticket ie they give their First Name, last name and email address. What happens to that data ?? Are you telling me that Head Office does not collect this info and pass it on to me, or at least make it accessable to me. Or maybe what you are telling me is that the 14 plus "Hits" I have had have just gone to the site BUT NOT bothered to get a ticket or view the movie?  The bottom line for me is that I want to be able to follow up with phone calls and/or emails anyone who gave their details and viewed the movie. So when this happens, how do I get this vital infomation? Thanks Frank I hope you can help me out on this one. Cheers; Roger Bell

Place your personal contact information in the form to see what happens.  I can explain it, but choose not to.  You will understand the system better if you place your contact info in the form.
RMauro

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2007, 03:08:35 AM »

I'm in about 2 weeks as well and I have signed up 18 personally and about 4 more from those people so far. I only use the longer video freedom.ws/username/show_dvd
I like when the dvd plays automatically.
I have only looked at my hitlog 1 or 2 times.
I forwarded my domain to the freedom.ws site. I know where my people come from when I see their city.
RMauro

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2007, 03:08:35 AM »

The system is automated GDI will send them emails and a recorded phone call , And all this is done on your behalf, then if no response from them a real person will contact them from GDI ,
this system is amazing.
If they sign up they will sign under you of course . my wife put in her info and we watched to see what happens.
RogerBell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2007, 03:08:35 AM »

Hi again Frank. I feel so bl----dy stupid at times. I have never used a Forum previously. So once again i am completely at a loss as to what you are asking me to do. You have asked me to put my name/details on or in the "Form". What form??? Where is the Form?? To which form are you referring Frank. I am sorry for my ignorance and in 12 months we will share a beer and a laugh about this when I meet you at the next international convention. But right now you are talking "Chinese" to me. I have no idea what this form is you are talking about. Do you maybe mean where I am typing now??  i will wait for your next reply and thank you kindly for your patience and understanding. By the way I sell Reggae Records on eBay and have a big range. i see by your "hair style" that you are a Bob Marley Fan (maybe??). After clarification is over I would love to send you a couple of Reggae LP's if you would like that. Just let me know. Thanks and I await your kind reply. Best from: Roger Bell

Roger Bell
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: