May 02, 2024, 02:37:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Upload Topics  (Read 68772 times)
Tatjana Prelog

Love, friendship and honesty are treasures!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2005, 05:01:56 PM »

I'm trying to upload some large ebooks to store on my webpage but I can't upload any large files. So far I have uploaded a few smaller ebooks, but anything over about 10 mb won't work. I starts uploading but then after about half an hour it just goes back to the page editor section. The files I'm trying to upload are zip files but I haven't had any problems with the smaller page.

Also, I want to forward my 1st page to a different site, how do I do this?

Any help on either of these would be really really really appreciated.

Belinda

WELL, let's repeat for all of you here!!!!

THE FILES LARGER THEN 8 MB (info from the support to me) YOU'RE NOT ABLE TO UPLOAD IN ANY CERCOMSTANCES!!!!!
[/color]

If it would be possible I would upload my 25 MB ppt Photo Tutorial immediatelly ...

Tatjana
(sonček)
 Smiley

Have a better day than I ever had!!! Charish the life, true friendship, love and honesty!!

Tatjana
JeremiahB

Jeremy B.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: November 22, 2005, 10:04:04 AM »

I have changed my setting for my website (www.WorkOnlinePartTime.ws) to "Hosting."
I have created my index.html using Dreamweaver.
I am using a Mac and a program called Interarchy to upload my site.
It has worked with my non-.ws sites using a different hosting company...
any suggestions why it's not working with GDI or how I can try something different?

thanks,
jeremy

The best opportunities might not appear at the best time - be ready.
JeremiahB

Jeremy B.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: November 22, 2005, 06:08:58 PM »

OK - I called support (760-602-3000) and they were able to help me within minutes.  I tried the forum first, because I thought for some reason that I should try to ask around before tying up the support line. I always imagine support lines tied up with a hold time of - forever. On the contrary, I should have called there from the beginning!  Anyway, it turns out that my index.html was actually titled Index.html (with a capital 'I').  I couldn't tell due to my monitor settings and the small print, not to mention, the very same file worked with another hosting company.  No bother though - it works great now!  I'm so relieved -

thanks GDI

The best opportunities might not appear at the best time - be ready.
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: November 22, 2005, 10:36:08 PM »

Good I am glad this is sorted out. Its interesting in another way linux servers are case sEnsitIVe in all file names and GDI's servers should be configured to accept Index.html and index.html as a default. They should also accept index.htm and Index.htm and a couple of others. Normally they are set up in a hierarchical order so if one does not work the next one works when you type in the default domain eg http://www.mysite.ws/. If you type in http://www.mysite.ws/Index.html and the file on the server is index.html it will not work.
SamirK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: November 25, 2005, 02:56:17 AM »

hello guys,
                 having a question @ using images/photos etc.
 Are we allowed to use any imgs on this home site so that
 we can edit them accordingly for sending Html emails
 or on websites for promoting GDI.
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: November 25, 2005, 05:09:15 AM »

My understanding is GDI images are proprietary and you may use them as often as you like in your marketing efforts. If you want to alter an image you need to clear it with GDI.
SamirK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: November 25, 2005, 08:57:23 AM »

Thanks.
Anita Johnson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: November 27, 2005, 05:09:19 AM »

Hopefully someone can help me before Monday as my online presentation in a conference room is on Tuesday and I desperately want to be able to use a PowerPoint presentation that I've already saved as webpages in PowerPoint and uploaded via CoreFTP.

Initially I had built out my http://ajohnsonenterprise.ws website especially for this event on Tuesday, but yesterday I decided I wanted to use a PowerPoint presentation to better describe what's on the site.   So after getting help from a guy in London who contacted another guy in Canada (all via Skype) as to how to use the conference room, etc. , I found out that in order to use a PowerPoint presentation in the conference room, it had to be accessible on the web.  So I changed my site to Hosting and got the automated reply with directions of what to do.

I can see the uploaded files in the FTP but no matter what I do, when I go to my site, I continue to see it as it was built and cannot access any of the files I uploaded.

I even created an index.html by copying the originally built site's HTML and saving it in 1stPage 2000 and then uploading it to FTP and still it's not showing my PowerPoint uploaded files.

I've sent a support request, but of course, it being the holidays, the automated reponse states it will be Monday before anyone is back in the office and then expect 2-3 days for a reply, which will be too late.

I'm wondering if the problem has to do with the fact that when I saved the PowerPoint as webpages, I didn't do each slide individually because the default was to save the entire presentation.

Can anyone provide me with information as to what I've done wrong that I can't see what I've uploaded?

Really need to find a solution by Monday so I'll have time to practice before the actual presentation early Tuesday morning.

Thanks!

Anita

"The height of foolishness is to discard an opportunity without full and proper investigation." ~ Benjamin Franklin
Anita Johnson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: November 27, 2005, 08:51:02 AM »

NEVER MIND my earlier post:

Hopefully someone can help me before Monday as my online presentation in a conference room is on Tuesday and I desperately want to be able to use a PowerPoint presentation that I've already saved as webpages in PowerPoint and uploaded via CoreFTP.

Initially I had built out my http://ajohnsonenterprise.ws website especially for this event on Tuesday, but yesterday I decided I wanted to use a PowerPoint presentation to better describe what's on the site.   So after getting help from a guy in London who contacted another guy in Canada (all via Skype) as to how to use the conference room, etc. , I found out that in order to use a PowerPoint presentation in the conference room, it had to be accessible on the web.  So I changed my site to Hosting and got the automated reply with directions of what to do.

I can see the uploaded files in the FTP but no matter what I do, when I go to my site, I continue to see it as it was built and cannot access any of the files I uploaded.

I even created an index.html by copying the originally built site's HTML and saving it in 1stPage 2000 and then uploading it to FTP and still it's not showing my PowerPoint uploaded files.

I've sent a support request, but of course, it being the holidays, the automated reponse states it will be Monday before anyone is back in the office and then expect 2-3 days for a reply, which will be too late.

I'm wondering if the problem has to do with the fact that when I saved the PowerPoint as webpages, I didn't do each slide individually because the default was to save the entire presentation.

Can anyone provide me with information as to what I've done wrong that I can't see what I've uploaded?

Really need to find a solution by Monday so I'll have time to practice before the actual presentation early Tuesday morning.

Thanks!

Anita

Apparently it takes several  hours for the pages that I uploaded to appear.  I discovered this morning that what I  spent ALL day doing yesterday actually worked, I just couldn't see it until today!  So, I've tested the presentation this morning in the conference room and everything is as it should be (slight delay on some of the pictures loading, but that's ok).  And I also discovered that if you preface the website with www. it actually returns to the website as I originally built it!  I LOVE learning NEW stuff!

You have no idea how excited I am!

So, if any of you are around on Tuesday at 10:30AM EST, and are interested in learning about some Unique HEALTHY Holiday Gift Ideas, feel free to drop by for my presentation.  Just click the WAHM banner at the top of on my site and you'll be taken to the place where you can enter the conference room.  (I hope this invitation isn't deemed inappropriate by the moderator(s), but if it is, could you just delete this paragraph and post the rest?  -- Thanks!).

Ia'Orana!  (That You May Live Well)

Anita

"The height of foolishness is to discard an opportunity without full and proper investigation." ~ Benjamin Franklin
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: November 28, 2005, 08:14:32 AM »

Well I am excited for you too. You just go for it. Knock em dead Cheesy
ByronD

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 28, 2005, 04:11:01 AM »

I am having all sorts of trouble downloading Macromedia flash player.When I try,absolutely nothing happens.Can anyone help?
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: January 05, 2006, 01:30:47 AM »

I am having all sorts of trouble downloading Macromedia flash player.When I try,absolutely nothing happens.Can anyone help?

Try http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash
HelenR

get rich..get rich..get rich..

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 07, 2006, 01:08:26 PM »

Hello Benjamin,
I have had similar problems in getting to load my photo in my profile.
But, I had help luckily with this & now i have my photo in my profile permanentely!
Do this: use a photo editing program like photobucket (www.photobucket.com).
Become a member for free & then you can start to build your profile.
Create a photo album or individual photos you would like to use.
Just upload the photo(s) from your PC to photobucket.
Right-click on the photo you have selected (in photobucket)
Select "properties" from the list.
Click to highlight the "url".
Copy this highlighted url.
Go to your profile area in the forum, then paste the url.
This should load the photo in your profile permanentely.
Please let me know if this works.
Have fun.
Regards,
Helen.R.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2006, 01:10:58 PM by ChipSnyder » Logged
CarrieWright

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: January 14, 2006, 05:06:39 AM »

Hello

Been having problems uploading a video clip to the site

Problem 1) get a message saying that there is a Quicktime component missing which is not available on the Quicktime website - and so the procedure stops there and the clip doesn't load

Problem 2) clip loads onto site but then does not play - it shows a square Quicktime icon with a broken piece of film

Any suggestions?

I want to put a clip on the site to demonstrate to potential sign ups the versatility of the Website - I have pictures and music would like to show a video clip

cheers
Carrie

Carrie Wright
Canberra Australia
Skype - wricon
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: January 15, 2006, 06:29:16 AM »

Try deleting the Quicktime program on your PC and re-installing.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
  Print  

Jump to: