April 26, 2024, 10:00:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Upload Topics  (Read 68681 times)
Matthew Green

"Stop thinking about it, Start doing it"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: January 22, 2006, 03:12:40 PM »

Hi HelenR,

I was wondering about creating animations/flash files for uploading to my website. Is this possible?
The quick answer is YES, even the Banners available in your GDI Back-Office are Animated.

The GDI Site Builder is a GREAT tool for beginners, but to be able to construct a Website that is CONTENT RICH there is only 1 way forward and that is to
utilise the Hosting Capabilities of your GDI Account.

I have seen some superb websites that have been constructed using the GDI Website Builder (really good), but there are limits to what you can do.

For example with the Site Builder you can have 10 pages, a guest book and a feedback page.. lets call it 12 Pages.

When you upload to the GDI SERVER you are not limited to 12 Pages, instead you are limited to 100mb Storage Space... I already have at least 30 pages Uploaded to my GDI DOMAIN... The pages are all working for me, helping to build my Downline.. CONTENT and FEATURE RICH PAGES, lots and lots of them.. I have Lead Capture Pages, Splash pages.. the crazy thing is I have only used 3mb of my 100mb space on the GDI SERVER..

I can help you to get started Helen, in fact I have already made a few posts in the FORUM showing some of what I can help you to achieve... SERIOUSLY you should have a look.

I have come across this great animations software on the net, which is very reasonably priced, & I want to purchase it, but before I do, I need to know is it possible to buy this software, & create great looking flash, etc.. then upload it easy enough to sitebuilder?? i need to know 100% for sure before i buy, if all is ok.

My only advice here is before you buy, look at the FREE alternatives that are also available online.

You might not find 1 FREE PROGRAMME that is as FEATURE RICH as this software you clearly like using, but it is probable you will be able to combine a couple of FREE PROGRAMMES and end up with the same results...

Oh but there are commissions available too!!! If the compensation plan is reasonable and the product is worth the asking price, and most important YOU think it is worth sharing please send me the link in a PM.

If I like the product maybe we can exchange some Web Space, a mutual exchange...
HelenR it is odds on that we can help each other in other ways too, who knows a nice little J.V maybe.  Wink Wink

be your own destiny,
Matthew Green
  Smiley
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 03:13:20 PM by ChipSnyder » Logged

Regards,
Frank Gayer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: February 02, 2006, 09:25:57 AM »

Hallo,

i tried to upload also my files with Frontpage 2003 on my website ( ftp://......../frankgayer.ws ). I saw a folder on the server called "frankgayer.ws. I uploaded my complete files including index.html in this folder.

Was this correct ? If yes, why i see my old page built with the WebSite Builder ? Can anyone help me out.

Frank
Matthew Green

"Stop thinking about it, Start doing it"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: February 03, 2006, 04:24:46 AM »

Hi Frank,
it sounds like you have Uploaded correctly to the server..

Have you changed the setting in the Back-Office of your GDI Account??

You need to switch to the Hosting setting...

When you receive an email from GDI saying so, your website will be available to the WORLD...

Hope this helps, but if you are still having difficulty ask for more support in the FORUM, that is after you have used the search facility here to see if your questions have already been answered...

Regards,

Regards,
David_B

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 20, 2006, 09:33:55 AM »

I have the information to upload my site using frontpage 2003 and but when I have uploaded the site to the targeted area, file, how can I view the page.  Does this program support front page if so what am I doing wrong.

thans ahead of time for your help.

David Burton.
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: February 20, 2006, 11:13:11 PM »

Did you switch to the hosting option in the control panel?
FPl

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 23, 2006, 10:01:57 AM »

Hi,

I just joined a few minutes ago. I'm very new to all this html stuff but I have created a webpage which I am now trying to upload. So I chose the "hosting" option in my GDI account and I received an email telling me that I need to configure my FTP program. The email also said that my Address or Host: 216.35.188.14, Port 21.

So I went to download.com and signed up for sendthisfile.com. Now when I log into my sendthisfile account, I am asked to input the recipient's email address. What should this be?

Also, could someone please clarify - doesn't the $10 a month come with everything, ie hosting, website building, email and domain forwarding etc? I believed that GDI's FAQs says that it does, but when I click on domains and am asked to register my option, I seem to have only one option.

Would appreciate all the help I can get.

Thank you.

Adrienne

E Armando

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: May 15, 2006, 06:35:44 AM »

Hello Adrienne

You need an ftp program such as smart ftp or you could use the built in ftp program in IE (if you're not so concerned with security). Just type in"http://ftp://216.35.188.14/" in the address bar. You will be prompted to enter username and password. There are free versions available in download.com. Sendthisfile is not an ftp program.

Best Regards
JUN

JUN
James_P

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 27, 2006, 07:35:26 PM »

Hi from sunny Brazil.

I have just spent two happy days preparing a wonderful page of wysiwyg using Mozila Composer.

Can an expert please give me the explicit exact non-fail step by step for a first timer to up load this masterpiece to my ws domain and make it come live to the world.

Thank you ever so much.

James

Cool Cool Cool
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: May 31, 2006, 09:39:39 AM »

Get a good FTP program such as wsftp or cuteftp.
Load your destination and away you go.
ChristoV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: July 14, 2006, 09:46:45 AM »

I'm using Frontpage 2002 and couldn't upload - error 550 no such file or directory
I copied and pasted my website from "my webs/hangtime.ws/" to the ftp.hosting.ws "hangtime.ws" folder.
Is this any different than uploading.
I did this on Monday, 10 July 2006 and today, 14 July 2006 my site still shows up as a blank page.

I'm not a web design genius, so it would be very kind for someone to help me get my site up and running.
It sounds that once your site is up and running the uploading goes a bit quicker.
I don't want to upload new information until I at least see the current work I've done, so I know the copy and paste works.

Many thanks,
Christo
J_Da Silva

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 12, 2007, 05:25:17 AM »

ok so.. I seem to be connecting to the .ws server but it wont upload my png file which has hot links on it to other pages. I've never uploaded a website to the net before
but have designed my site in fireworks because i don't know any html. I was wondering if anyone could perhaps help me out? anyone with fairly decent knowledge of dreamweaver?

I would appreciate any help at all

thanks

Justin
DPro

Internet Marketer & Search Expert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: May 12, 2007, 09:29:01 AM »

ok so.. I seem to be connecting to the .ws server but it wont upload my png file which has hot links on it to other pages. I've never uploaded a website to the net before
but have designed my site in fireworks because i don't know any html. I was wondering if anyone could perhaps help me out? anyone with fairly decent knowledge of dreamweaver?

I would appreciate any help at all

thanks

Justin

Hi Justin,

what is the error message that you see?
May I know are you uploading it directly from dreamweaver or you are using a FTP program?

I have some tutorials on file uploading using FTP, please send me a private message and I will give you the link.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 12:16:47 PM by DPro » Logged

Want to install a blog for your GDI domain name?
Send me a private message to get help
Daniel Rydstedt

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 24, 2007, 04:47:58 AM »

I tried to start this new topic, but it never showed up, so I will try again.  If I design my site with site builder can I upload an ebook somehow and put a link on my page for people to download it?  If I use regular hosting does it have a cpanel so that I can do the same thing.  Any help would be appreciated.
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: June 24, 2007, 09:30:30 AM »

You would definitely need the hosted option or use an external link to some other site in the site builder
RayGollis

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 28, 2007, 08:40:20 AM »

I am a new member. I have ebook creator on my computer. I want to upload it. Do I have to rebuild my whole site using Website Builder or can I just upload this on to the parked domain I already have with Global Domain International. I want to put this into an auto responder to sell the product. But don't know how to do this . Any Advice would be appreciated. Thanks, Ray.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  

Jump to: