March 28, 2024, 11:15:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GDI and Wordpress  (Read 18645 times)
Matthew M

View Profile
« on: December 19, 2008, 08:50:13 PM »

Hello all!

I have noticed there isn't much info in the forums about using WordPress. Is there a reason for this?

I'm sure this has been covered in the forums but I just can't seem to find the answer. If you can get me to the post or in the right direction that would be a HUGE help.

I am setting up a Wordpress site and would like to post the GDI video to my site. Is there a way to do this? From what I have read so far it looks like if you setup a site with the GDI site builder you can but how about to a site hosted on different servers?

Mitz
Matthew M

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 08:22:44 AM »

After searching some more I think I found my answer. There is a TON of great people and great posts in the forums. Thanks to all who participate!

Matt

The movie code to paste on your website is:

Code:
<OBJECT width="370" height="360" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" name="testimonials_video" id="dvd_video" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=5,0,0,0">
<PARAM name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF">
<PARAM name="movie" value="http://images.dvd.ws/dvd.ws/video/preloader_dvd.swf?sponsor=username&host=images.dvd.ws%2Fdvd.ws&language=english">
<PARAM name="loop" value="false">
<PARAM name="quality" value="high">
<PARAM name="play" value="TRUE">
<PARAM name="menu" value="TRUE">
<EMBED width="370"  height="360" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" src="http://images.dvd.ws/dvd.ws/video/preloader_dvd.swf?sponsor=username&host=images.dvd.ws%2Fdvd.ws&language=english" name="dvd_video" id="testimonials_video" play="TRUE" menu="TRUE" quality="high" loop="false"  type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></EMBED>
</OBJECT>

Change username to your own username.

As for downloading the video on your computer, you can save the files from the DVD after purchase.
Another way is to find the dvd posted on youtube and download it.
If you need to know the software that can do that, please send me a private message.

Aaron Riddell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 08:08:43 AM »

After searching some more I think I found my answer. There is a TON of great people and great posts in the forums. Thanks to all who participate!

Matt

Hey Matt,

I stumbled across a GDI member who had created her own website with the movie and she posted this to one of the popular traffic exchanges. It looked very sharp.

Aaron Riddell
Daniel_Johnson

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 07:08:21 AM »

hi guys i was hoping to use wordpress to create my blog, it looks like wordpress is not supported here though,  Huh  is that correct?
XgKoo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 02:02:11 PM »

Hi, i would just like to know if it is possible to install wordpress in GDI hosting? And if it is how can i do it? It is my first time so i am really confuse despite all the videos on youtube.I already downloaded the ftp program.
GMccorkle

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2009, 03:12:19 PM »

hi guys i was hoping to use wordpress to create my blog, it looks like wordpress is not supported here though,  Huh  is that correct?
CStefano

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2009, 04:00:51 PM »

Hi, i would just like to know if it is possible to install wordpress in GDI hosting? And if it is how can i do it? It is my first time so i am really confuse despite all the videos on youtube.I already downloaded the ftp program.
Hi, I would like to know the same thing...
I'll wait for answer.
Thanks.
I Martinez

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 04:47:28 PM »

Hello everyone,

I'd like to have more answers regarding this topic too, since I want to know how could I add Youtube videos, slideshows and my wordpress blog to my website.

Thanks!
D Henley

Remember yesterday, enjoy today, embrace tomorrow.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2009, 03:37:12 AM »

Hello everyone,

I was very pleased to find this topic today. I had started uploading wordpress to my site when the thought occurred to me, "hey, I don't think .ws hosting has mysql database support!"
So, off I go to the forum seeking answers. Well the thread was a delight to see, however, all I found were questions here, not answers. The last post was over a month ago and the previous post was older than three months. Does anyone have answers to the wordpress hosting issues?
I have found that blogging is a great medium for growing your business and wordpress is top of the line for blogging. To me, it is inconceivable that GDI would omit taking advantage of this opportunity. I would greatly appreciate any feedback on this topic. I would also like to start some kind of support group for people interested in using wordpress to grow their business. Anyone interested???

Thank you, again,

D. Henley

I don't know everything, but compared to some, I know a lot. I enjoy helping anyone needing assistance.
M Awang

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2009, 05:30:59 AM »

the question sitll not answered yet....

i am waiting for the answer since i want to install wordpress in my GDI (.ws) website..thanks.
Patrik L

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2010, 03:12:28 PM »

the question sitll not answered yet....

i am waiting for the answer since i want to install wordpress in my GDI (.ws) website..thanks.

You can not install Word Press with the hosting service available through GDI. But you can host your Word Press Blog elsewhere and then point your GDI domain name (.ws) to that host by changing your DNS settings. I do it that way..  Smiley 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: