April 18, 2024, 10:37:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: What kinds of people are you targeting the most and getting the most sign-ups on?
Stay At Home Parents
Network Marketers
Friends
Relatives
People w/ Hosting Needs
Businesses
Other - Please specify in a post

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
  Print  
Author Topic: Targeting YOUR GDI Sign-Ups  (Read 130858 times)
Kyra Tuey

Don't just be in it for now, be in it for LIFE!

View Profile WWW
« on: July 27, 2005, 08:19:01 AM »

Hi Everyone!

The reason for this poll is because I know others, like myself, would like to see what types of people GDI go-ers are using to target their marketing. I would like to see some statistics on the people who are *more likely* to join into GDI than those that are not. I think this will give a very good feel to those of us who may still be struggling with their businesses.

I'd appreciate it if when you vote, you would also add a post here that answers - 

"What was your main form of contact with your sign-ups?"

For example, Email Marketing, Message Boards, Old Friends, Your Own Opt-in Lists, Flyers & ADs used, GDI Leads, Business cards, etc. You get the idea.

I hope to get as many people involved in this as possible...so please add your 2 cents & let us know what's working for you!

Thanks Everyone,
Kyra

Thanks,
Kyra
Stephanie Remers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2005, 03:17:03 PM »

Hi Kyra,

Awesome poll! My business partner Deb Lane and I just began a massive targeted campaign at the beginning of July.  When we began our campaign, we had 16 "active" members in our downline. We now have over 50, in 3 weeks! (We actually have 177 with the orange and purple people). Yes, targeting works.

So who are we targeting? SERIOUS people. Folks willing to make a commitment. Those willing to listen, learn and communicate. In other words, people who "get it"! We love GDI and are actively seeking others who see what we see. Guess what has happened? As well as making our first appearance, 6 of our new team members have made the leaderboard!

In July, our marketing efforts have been solely online, mostly to safelists. As we expand our marketing, we hope to be running with the "Big Dogs" Wink

In Success,
Stephanie

If you think you can, you can. If you think
you can't, you're right.  ~Henry Ford
Nicole Taylor

Welcome to Talk.ws!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2005, 07:50:27 PM »

Hi Kyra,

The fastest way to build your business is to find experienced business people. I join different communities and talk with other network marketers as well as business chat.

You also need a good quality autoresponder.

Aside from this, I receive a good response from leaving my GDI business cards everywhere.

Nicole

I make a good income right from home while I am drinking Starbucks and eating my cinnamon crumb cake.
Angela M

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2005, 09:26:19 PM »

Kyra,

I like the idea of this poll. My main form of contact with my sign-ups has been friends, most of which are stay at home parents. These are people who I sent an initial email out to and then spoke to by phone, email, or MSN messenger.  They are people I am in regular contact with already.

Angela
Kyra Tuey

Don't just be in it for now, be in it for LIFE!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2005, 06:10:08 PM »

Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to say THANK YOU to Stephanie, Nicole and Angela for responding with their *techniques*. I also want to say Thanks to everyone who has voted so far.

Although...I am amazed at the fact that this post has been read 125 times so far and only 17 people (including myself) have voted. And only 3 people have replied. It's making me sad.  Cry Come on you guys, please...this is for all of us. I thought that it would be helpful for a lot of us to see how others are marketing. You don't have to have 10 people in your downline...even 1....we just want to know what's working for you.

So PLEASE...vote and let us all know!  Grin

Oh...and Smile...because in 2 years....we'll all be making LOTS OF MONEY!  Cool

Thanks,
Kyra

Thanks,
Kyra
Marvin Drobes

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2005, 06:27:19 PM »

Kyra,

I cast my vote and hope it helps put a perspective on the best people for all of the GDI community to target.

In the last 6 years of doing online marketing what has surprised me the most is that the best way to "drive" traffic to a website is from outside of the web.  What I mean is using resources like newspaper ads and drop cards (buisness cards you leave everywhere you can), as well as just speaking with people you come into contact on a daily basis.

I try to make it part of my daily method of operation to get out at least 100 cards or flyers per day x 5 days a week.  I also have set a goal of speaking to 3 people each day about the opportunity and 3 people about the services we provide.

What I feel is important here is that we want to keep gages so we can chart our results and see what is working so we can step up our efforts in that area and reduce our efforts in those reaching out methods that are not working as well.  It has been siad that without a target to hit, what are you aimimg for.  Know what works best for you and that becomes comfortable for you to do.

Jim Rohn, America's foremost business philosopher says; "For us to grow we must do the uncomfortable until it becomes comfortable".  So get out there and try some of the things you have heard about here in the forum or through training and get familiar with "ALL" the methods of reaching out.

Your Partner In Success,
Marvin Drobes
JNapier

Living by Faith! One day at a time!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2005, 06:56:38 PM »

Kyra, just wanted to let you know I was one of those who cast a vote in your poll. I just didn't have the time to respond with a personal message. Thank you for starting the poll.

I also agree highly with Marvin. Marketing outside of the box is my way as well.

Of course it takes different strokes for different folks. The key is to find out for ourselves what works best for us but we won't have that answer until we have put forth the effort, time, and patience.

All my best,
Norma  Shocked

Living by Faith,
one day at a time!
Angela M

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2005, 08:56:27 PM »

I agree with the "outside the box" thinking.  I totally intend to get out of my "comfort zone".  I just haven't had the time yet.  (I can barely keep up on the laundry!) Putting flyers in mailboxes on my block was out of my comfort zone and I did that! By the fourth side of the block I was feeling comfortable with it already and the next time it will be even easier!  Besides, my kids liked it! Especially when the mailbox was low enough for one of them to put the flyer in!

Angela
LoganWandell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2005, 10:10:17 PM »

Kyra,

So far I've only let my family know about GDI... to no avail... only 1 bogus viewer that submitted his/her info causing me to receive an email ...and I was nearly beside myself with anticipation ready to call this person!

I've made 1000 copies of the flyer I plan on getting out whenever I go someplace...gorcery store, walmart, mall, post office, pharmacy, mechanics...etc. thanks for the poll, I thought I had a poll like this one, I guess this is why it didn't get posted! heh, heh, heh!

I know I keep comming up with ideas, but doing this with my kids around me all the time... maybe I should use them to work for me? 2&4 years old... any ideas?

Good Luck, and don't loose heart! your in good company!

-Logan

Here's somthing to think about:
"Only when you speak, can someone listen to your message" Word Of Mouth: It's the Secret to Network Marketing!

"The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse gets the cheese!"
Michael Adams

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2005, 08:02:41 PM »

With School starting back, I am marketing College Students and Parents.  Parents are looking for ways to supplement their income to begin paying for books, lunches, and school clothes.  Flyers are at day care centers, mailboxes, etc..  I even gave a handful to some kids in my neighborhood for them to share with their classmates. Just wait until they go home and show their parents..Huh

A former College Student myself, what could be easier for college students.  This is a gold mine in my opinion.  By posting flyers in student unions or campus post offices will attract alot of students whom struggle week to week to come up with extra spending cash! 

Be creative with the GDI flyer..  Instead of the Red Corvette, use a picture of college students, fraternities, cash picture, etc.  Find a picture that markets towards your audience.  As nice as it looks, the Red Corvette doesn't appeal to all.
Werner_K

Sailor Boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2005, 07:44:43 PM »

Hi Michael;
 I applaud you for ' targeting' college fraternities. Thousands of students, who can pass the
informations on to others. Great.
Your description of the 'red  Car' as being a Corvette makes my Teeth itch 'though.
Who'd ever drive THAT, rather than a FERRARI?Huh?
Ah, what would Life be without the little fun things?

'Keep on truckin' Michael!

Werner, San Pedro, Ca.

Werner H Kindor
Deborah H

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2005, 05:49:06 PM »

Mine are mostly people looking for an online business and have never done this type of thing before.
Deborah H Smiley
TylarMccoyJohnson

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2005, 07:26:08 PM »

I think this is my first post, or at least it might be the first one to make it past the moderators  Grin

I signed up with GDI after I found a business card at a supermarket. So I know the business cards are effective. Order some or print some of your own, just get them, and get them out!

I have made the leader-boards for 2 weeks in a row now, this week I had 8 sign-ups. I am very excited.

When I first signed on with GDI, I had no idea what network marketing was and I had never done anything more than selling online with ebay. I am a fast learner though, and I have spent a lot of time in the past months learning how to promote and capture leads. I live in a small town and also spread business cards like CRAZY. Last night I left over 500 cards on cars at a loctal hotel. I asked the management beforehand to make sure it was ok, and it was not a problem.

Just work this business, learn, and promote, and then promote some more. No one is going to build your business for you. It takes hard work and true dedication if you want to make the big money.

Tylar
JNapier

Living by Faith! One day at a time!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2005, 07:54:30 PM »

Way to go, Tylar!! A big congratulations to you.  Thank you so much for your motivational message.
All my best,
Norma  Shocked

Living by Faith,
one day at a time!
Gerald Yancey

I just love sinking my teeth into this business!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2005, 07:55:05 PM »

Tylar,

Great advice! I like how you came in with a great attitude. That, my friend, will take you a long way in this
business. I wish you lots of success.

Gerald

THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
  Print  

Jump to: