March 28, 2024, 01:14:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: New WebBuilder!!  (Read 60504 times)
CWice

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2008, 05:49:56 AM »

Hello Folks:
I am a newby at this & I must say, after logging into the forum about this WebBuilder, that this news is discouraging !  However, if we all have patience, I am sure that all will be ironed out soon.  My upline is new also, and she has experienced the same simililar problems that some Cool of you have...

I am anxiously awaiting the corrections, so that I can move foward in building my website, I also may look into a few of the other tututorials mentioned in other comments listed..

So hang in there, we are all in the same boat together, patience will keep us afloat while the issues are addressed and fixed  !! We'll all move foward soon, I am sure

CJ
Mike Lassley

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2008, 05:09:43 PM »

I haven't enjoyed this change or "upgrade" to the site builder either. Very frustrated!!!

In support of GDI, not forgiveness but support, I sent three emails to support through the FAQ section and got answers that helped.

I finally made a phone call, explained the immediate problems to a real person, those problems were fixed with in one day and I've been able to navigate the sitebuilder much more easily.

Give'm hell, give them your problems.   TRY TO BE NICE! iT HELP EVERYONES DAY.

mIKE
M Perez Cotto

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2008, 02:56:44 PM »

Hi, Friends!
I'm in a deadline, and there is no way to edit the text boxes. I can delete
them and I can create another one. But then, it is impossible to edit the
content.

The patience in running out ... please HELP!!!!!
Nikolai Tovarnitski

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2008, 02:22:44 PM »

Hi everyone!
I have tried this new version of SiteBuilder. It's realy good one, but it needs to be corrected. The biggest minus is that it loads so long time. It have to be faster.
Hope our Website Builder designers will do it soon as they can.  Smiley

Tatjana, don't be sad! So many times I have lost my information. I believe you can make a better website!
Please, tell us why you get this letters on your website? It doesn't have to be in that way.

Hope we will see more good information on how to use this SiteBuilder.

There you can find some good information and help about GDI! Smiley
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 02:23:58 PM by ChipSnyder » Logged
M Perez Cotto

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2008, 11:55:29 AM »

Hi, Friends!
Finally I have discovered, that the only way for editing the text boxes is creating a new page from scratch. I did that with just one page and it works marvellously. That way the new text boxes can be edited without problem and the infinite blank space at the end can be eliminated. The thing is that once the page is published you then come back to the same spot again, and there is no way to open the text boxes to be actualized in it's content. That means you have to create another page and this is impossible for me, due to the fact that I have to actualize content  at least weekly and sometimes more. There is no way to keep creating 10 or more pages every time you have to make changes in the text boxes. I hope this is corrected soon and we can edit and actualize as smooth and easily as before. It is good the option of more than 10 pages and so is the unlimited caracter in the text boxes. By the way, try to put everything in just one text box, because every time you open the page in the sitebuilder, the boxes appears completed scrambled. So it is no possible to manage more than two or three boxes per page.

Good luck to all.
Larry Wasan

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2008, 05:25:05 AM »

Everything seems to be working just fine for me.
The builder loaded fairly quickly, and I was able
to make edits, save, and publish.
Mike Lassley

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2008, 11:47:36 AM »

I have found contacting GDI support with an email or by phone has helped a great deal. My last challenge was the edit problem, couln't edit existing blocks or newly created blocks.

Recent help email from GDI support said they couldn't duplicate my problem. Seems it corrected. They suggest I install an updated adobe flash player, I did and it seems to have made a difference. Here is the link they gave me;

http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer

Hope this helps.

Mike
Tony T

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2008, 11:47:36 AM »

No it's not working for me either.

I can't edit any of my pages.

I've signed up two new people and promtly lost them because they can't edit their pages either.

This has got to be sorted out/fixed quickly or this business is dead in the water.

Just my humble opinion.

Life is for: Living, Loving and Laughing NOT Whingeing, Worrying and Whining!
F_Maria

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2008, 05:30:01 AM »

I have been in GDI for almost three years and was really happy using and changing my site. Now it is terrible, it never loads. Why has GDI made this to all the members. This is too bad. GDI used to let us know about every change they made and haven't noticed us for this terrible decision. Please let me know if this will change or I will really have to opt out like all the people in my downline. Besides I found out that my site is not the same as when I designed it. It changed and don't like it now but can't change it. Please help!! We all need it.
Tatjana Prelog

Love, friendship and honesty are treasures!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2008, 10:30:47 AM »

Well, I found all the sites, but they're all ruined, and now I encountered one more, much bigger problem. My domain is no more displayed though it's active. When typing www.tatjanap.ws the IE takes me to http://website.ws page. I've clicked repair in my sitebuilder to every page I have and it said they're repaired, but the pages are as much ruined as they were before. I clicked publish, I clicked for all sites to be visibel and here's still nothing.

I presume not only with text boxes is so that if you want to edit them, the only way is deleting them and create new ones. Obviously with pages is the same.

Well, I'm even not so angry anymore, but I'm sad. So much work for nothing?

Well, to write my so angry and frustrating previous comment I have the right to do so. I'm experiencing many more page builders from Yahoo to Moonfruit and (unfortunatelly) I have to say that they're easier and more reliable to run. They're also updated and replaced with new versions from time to time, but I never experienced this kind of (I have the right to say so) disaster.

To those who are new and didn't use old SiteBuilder: Don't worry. You'll not experience this kind of frustrations and my husband who isn't so familiar with building pages is thrilled with it, but we, who are so many years with this business and put a lot of work, stuff and enthusiasm in our pages (I have 11 pages built alltogether with the Guestbook), have all rights to be frustrated, discourraged in a way and also angry.

At least something was fixed, but I am sick to think that I'll have to sit hours and hours behind my CPU creating my pages over again at least a bit like they were before.

Well ... Good luck to all in hope that your domain names are displayed for the change of mine which isn't.

Have a better day than I ever had!!! Charish the life, true friendship, love and honesty!!

Tatjana
Tatjana Prelog

Love, friendship and honesty are treasures!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2008, 10:48:14 AM »

OK, guys, for all of you, who can't access your domain via www.yourdomain.ws, I've discoverred why is it so. You should no longer typw www in front of you domain, but just yourdomain.ws.

In additional, it would be very useful if we could define which page is the first and which the next, in one word that we could define the page order by ourselves. I've created a new page which I want to be .index page (that means main page) but I am (of course) not able to put it on first position even if I name it index.

Well, that's from me. Now ... hard work is waiting for me ...

Have a better day than I ever had!!! Charish the life, true friendship, love and honesty!!

Tatjana
M Perez Cotto

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2008, 10:59:37 AM »

Hi Friends:
Everything was working so good and suddenly there is something wrong with the properties and it is not possible to open the pages once published. I did actualize the pages URL in the properties section and it does not accept any changes.  Maybe someone press the wrong botton and alter without knowing the site builder configuration for the properties section. Hope it is fixed as soon as posible. I'm almost happy again.

Best wishes to all.
ThomasinnaW

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2008, 09:19:59 AM »

I just signed up today and of course have been on trying to edit my website all evening (on and off). I am already starting the marketing process however i would like to get my website up and running in order to test the product I am selling. I firmly believe that you have to believe in what you are selling!

Tina
JohnSprague

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2008, 11:29:23 AM »

Hi Chris-Not to be a pest but it has been over a month since the advent of the new website builder! Why is it not improved? It is really a faulty system that I'm surprised the management of GDI couldn't come up with a workable sitebuilder. Are the owners even aware of what has been sent our way? Is there an email address where I can contact them directly? It used to work fine before it was changed for the worse. Why?  - John (not a newbie)
Tony Denson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2008, 11:29:24 AM »

The past two day s   I have ben tweeking the front page  on my website. Forgive me  but the new Web Builder iis working great for me.  It took me abbout ten minutes to learn there is -for me-   a 12 to 15 second lag time to update my changesI  Front page is almost done.  I have lots of editing to do for my little 5X5 matrix demo. I am consider ing uploadng a training video  have come back to GDI  after 3 months away to learn about internet marketing.

http://www.outamyhead.ws/    Integrity Matters !

http://www.texastea.joinambit.com  Power UP and let your electricity pay YOU
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: