April 20, 2024, 06:30:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: How many of you are using social networking sites to build relationships?  (Read 16782 times)
HowardMartell

"Repetition is the mother of all Skills"

View Profile WWW
« on: September 08, 2007, 06:11:32 PM »

Hello everyone,

My name is Howie Martell been with GDI for a good while now and seen lots of changes on the internet on how to approach marketing your product or service.

What I learned is that people want to be around leaders and mentors who can provide them with the right training material without wasting their time and money.

Social Networking sites are very big at this time and are key incredient in my daily business building cycle.

Us Networkers need like minded people  to be in are business so why not seek out those type of people instead of trying to get in a brand new person who has never worked from home?

Question for all members how many of you are networking using social sites or forums specific to the industry?

God Bless,

See you at the top!

Howie Martell
Melissa Claphan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 06:06:33 AM »

Boy do I feel old...by social networks do you mean places like myspace? What other kind of forums are there? I never even thought of using something like that. What a great idea.

Melissa  Smiley
Darren Olander

Darren Olander

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 06:06:33 AM »

Howard, I totally agree!

I certainly use social-networking and forums as one part of my marketing strategy. It is not only great places to meet people but also to learn more about the industry, your specific business, and get exposure to your website(s).

I also provide for the needs of existing network marketers and I believe there is huge value in advertising to those who are already familiar with the industry.

Darren Olander
Proud Founder of the Prosperity Marketing System
Build Your GDI Business Using The Prosperity Marketing System! (check my profile & website)
Dick Lewis

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 12:05:31 PM »

Social Networking could also mean, calling a lead, from time to time, and just
saying something like this.  hi there John Doe, My name is (your name), and I
was calling you because you expressed an interest in a home based business.
Do you still have that interest?

You do.  Good, "How can I help you?"

You are not trying to sell them anything, just build a realtionship, and then,
over the next two to three weeks, they join you in GDI.  Take it slow and
easy, show interest, and answer their questions.

Direct them to your website, that also offers them help.  OH, you haven't built
it yet?  Well get busy.  IT's your gold mine.

Dick and Regina Lewis
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 08:29:36 PM by Frank_M » Logged
Allen Kristy Lihan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 04:24:20 AM »

This idea is good. I try to do it that way.
HowardMartell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2007, 03:57:38 PM »

I wanted to update each member in GDI.
The on set of Social Networking when it comes to a home business and building relationships will take time but I am currently coming up with my own list of current ones  I am using and will make this available to anyone who would like to know.
My contact information is located in my GDI profile be glad to share these sites with any members.
So far been able to, in a short period of time, meet some like minded networkers and share my tools for success with them.

So remember this is the time to build your business into 2008 and beyond.

Take the bull by its horn and don't turn back!

Howie Martell
DPro

Internet Marketer & Search Expert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2007, 12:44:54 AM »

In order to take advantage of the current web marketing method, we definitely cannot leave social networking sites out.
There is a great potential not only for relationship building but also viral lead generation. I think  any serious network marketers
must familiar him/herself in this.

Take for example the 2 social network giants Myspace (100+ million users) and Facebook (47 million users)
The reason that they can grow so fast in members is the power of viral marketing.

I believe that there is a huge untapped potential here. Examples of what we can achieve in social networking sites are:
1)A place for sharing of tools and strategies for our downlines (as mentioned by Howard)
2)Joining other network marketing business groups and contribute meaningfully -- this raises your profile in the social networking community, which in turn will attract people to join your business
3)Find niche groups (non-business) and possibly make some income from affiiate marketing

I can go on and on about other benefits in social network sites.
If anyone needs more information on how to get started in social network sites, please PM me.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 12:18:57 PM by DPro » Logged

Want to install a blog for your GDI domain name?
Send me a private message to get help
HowardMartell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2007, 07:14:44 AM »

I wanted to give you an update to how my social networking sites are working out.

So far have over 100 plus friends combined in 3 months using social networking.

Examples of some good ones are CMU7 University, rotarfunmix, their are so many out their to choose from.

The key is first to build a trust with these fellow networkers and see how we can help them in their current business.

Next send them something which can help them achieve their goals.

Lastly, you need to ask what their doing to market their primary business?

If you have any question please feel free to contact me.

take care,

Howie Martell
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 07:19:02 AM by HowardMartell » Logged
MarvinD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2007, 12:35:10 PM »

Howard,

Over the last few years of having the pleasure to be working with you I felt it necessary to place my "kudoo's" for your start of this thread.

If people are serious about online marketing they can not ignore the Social Networking Forums.

The biggest problem that we have is our "Want It Now" mentality.  When posting in the social forums one needs to respect that it is a place to find people who are like minded.  It is not a place to post Free Ads!

Learn to be a professional networker and pick and choose those that you can befriend and help.  I invite you to write this statement down and put it near your computer; "CARE MORE ABOUT YOUR CUSTOMERS/DISTRIBUTERS/DOWNLINE then you care about the Money.

The money will come when people feel like you are meeting their needs and then they feel free to share their money with you by buying a product you may be selling or join you as part of your organization.  Once again we are talking about building LONG TERM RELATIONSHIPS.  There is no magic here just some common sense.

I was brought up with the saying that Rome wasn't Built in A Day!...
      Be patient build strong relationships and it will pay off in the long run if you are to become successful in your endeavors on the internet.

Your Partner In Success,
Marvin Drobes - The "EarningCoach"

Teaching, Coaching & Mentoring individuals how to earn full-time incomes working from the comfort of their home.
Michael Fernald

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2007, 08:09:46 PM »

Social Networking could also mean, calling a lead, from time to time, and just
saying something like this.  hi there John Doe, My name is (your name), and I
was calling you because you expressed an interest in a home based business.
Do you still have that interest?

You do.  Good, "How can I help you?"

You are not trying to sell them anything, just build a realtionship, and then,
over the next two to three weeks, they join you in GDI.  Take it slow and
easy, show interest, and answer their questions.

Direct them to your website, that also offers them help.  OH, you haven't built
it yet?  Well get busy.  IT's your gold mine.

Dick and Regina Lewis

Very good Advice Dick & Regina Lewis
Thank you   Roll Eyes

Be good to each other, Remember we are all in the same Boat !!!!
HowardMartell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2007, 07:58:30 AM »

To update everyone on my result from Social Networking with other marketers.

Average around 4-5 people who join me in these sites.

The results are staggering so many people looking for leaders and mentors to help them with their business.

Remember this be the one people come to for advise and ask nothing in return.

Guess what you will eventually have the serious marketers knocking at your door who want to know how your successful.

Stay determined get a great mentor and someone who will guide you correctly and efficiently.

Their our plenty of leaders who are having success with GDI and plenty who have had plenty of failures.

The difference between successful person and one who fails is the following:

The successful person who fails learns from his or her mistakes and makes sure to share that with their team.

Don't quit become a person who people look upon for advise.

GOD BLESS,

Lets get this thing rolling.

S Price

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2007, 03:39:40 AM »

I also use Social Websites...In fact my first sign up was from one....I've recently found a new one that has me buzzing...I think an up and comer...

just message me if you want the link!

later all!
Carol Iliou

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2008, 02:41:06 PM »

I'm with Sales Spider and AdlandPro....between the two I absolutely LOVE Sales Spider....you can do A LOT on there for FREE however I have not had any luck with anyone signing up under me.

Those of you participating in networks like this -- what is your secret? How are you all getting signups? What I've noticed is that these places just seem like a bunch of internet business people each advertising their OWN stuff with little or no interest in signing up under anyone else's.  Undecided
JoeF

CLICK Globe Below to Visit my GDI Training Blog!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2008, 06:55:58 PM »

IT'S A MUST ON THE INTERNET.

I created a whole team strategy based around YouTube, MySpace and FaceBook.

It's working very well for my team. We work together redirecting traffic from web 2.0 sites to our 'team recruiting site' where we share the traffic equally!

You can read about my team strategy on my blog.

Joe B. Florendo

FREE GDI AFFILIATE TRAINING SITE!
• Get step-by-step instructions
• Copy & Paste ease
• FREE regardless of your upline

Stop Struggling in GDI and Start doing  'GDI the Smart Way!'
RobertBlank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2008, 08:19:13 AM »

I have been with GDI for a few months and have had some success with invites.  I am now turning to Social networks.  According to my hit counter, I get very few hits from having my site on my profile.  Yet, I get warnings that my content is spam.

Which social networks are you using?  Which are the most "easy going" about what is on your profile?   Undecided

Let's brainstorm...

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: