March 28, 2024, 02:15:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to forward YOUR site to the DVD Presentation!  (Read 9430 times)
CRoark

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2008, 06:16:41 AM »

OK. People have asked that ONE question. "How do you forward your website to the video presentation for GDI and have it linked to my account?Huh"

Well I'm going to show you how!!

1.) Log in to your account by going to the GDI Members Log-In page,
OR SIMPLY CLICK HERE.

2.) After logging in, scroll down to "Domains". It will look like this....

Click on it.

3.) Then you will see YOUR domain name, status, DNS setting, etc.
CLICK ON "Change DNS........

4) After clicking on "Change DNS", It will bring you to a page with "Service Options. Select "Domain and Email Forwarding".......

And click "Continue".

5.) You will then be brought to a page that will have a flashing red "STOP" sign. Like THIS..........

6.) In the TOP portion titled "Web Forwarding To::you will type the following....

http://freedom.ws/YOUR USER ID/show_dvd

In the BOTTOM portion titled "Email Forwarding To:", you will simply enter YOUR Email address.

When finished, simply click "UPDATE" and you're DONE!! It's that easy!!

-Chris-
JasonH1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 08:36:28 AM »

Hello CRoark,
 I have done what you said but it will not allow me to use my gdi email address. Is there anyway to still use my gdi email while forwarding?
CRoark

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 05:04:43 AM »

Hi Jason,

Unfortunately there is not.

I sure wish there was though! ^_^

-Chris
RONPimentel

RON [QuickACT]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 05:51:49 PM »

Thanks for that DVD link, Chris! This will help my welcome email a lot.  Speaking of...do you have a really good outline of a "welcome" email that I can use or modify to send to my first responders to my promotion links? Like a flash page maybe?
Thanks again Chris.

RON Pimentel
KonicekM

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 08:36:19 AM »

I am probably going to ask a silly question here, but I am new to this kind of stuff, and want to get the max out of it.  I am learning as I go, and trying to build my website.  If I change the DNS to email forwarding to add the presentation, will it change where the people go back to the default website or will it still be the one I built?   I hope that makes sense.. I am still learning the lingo too.. Undecided
Also, Can you add the presentation to your site or is it  just for the email?

Thanks a Million! And thanks for any help!! I sure need it!!
Margaret (Peg)
DaveKnight

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 03:44:35 AM »

OK. People have asked that ONE question. "How do you forward your website to the video presentation for GDI and have it linked to my account?Huh"

Well I'm going to show you how!!

1.) Log in to your account by going to the GDI Members Log-In page,
OR SIMPLY CLICK HERE.

2.) After logging in, scroll down to "Domains". It will look like this....

Click on it.

3.) Then you will see YOUR domain name, status, DNS setting, etc.
CLICK ON "Change DNS........

4) After clicking on "Change DNS", It will bring you to a page with "Service Options. Select "Domain and Email Forwarding".......

And click "Continue".

5.) You will then be brought to a page that will have a flashing red "STOP" sign. Like THIS..........

6.) In the TOP portion titled "Web Forwarding To::you will type the following....

http://freedom.ws/YOUR USER ID/show_dvd

In the BOTTOM portion titled "Email Forwarding To:", you will simply enter YOUR Email address.

When finished, simply click "UPDATE" and you're DONE!! It's that easy!!

-Chris-

Chris,

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! finally!!!!

Dave Grin
SabrinaA1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010, 06:50:50 AM »

Thank you. This is really helpful! I will get on it really soon!  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: