April 27, 2024, 03:43:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 144
  Print  
Author Topic: Share Your Website...Part 1!  (Read 1026401 times)
KLopez

View Profile WWW
« Reply #720 on: September 14, 2005, 10:26:56 PM »

Thanks Debbie!  Grin

I guess there is something up with my computer then  Undecided
Tatjana Prelog

Love, friendship and honesty are treasures!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #721 on: September 14, 2005, 10:40:24 PM »

Tatjana, I've now changed the text color to green  Grin  I hope it's not too hard on the eyes. I don't think it is, but the other was easier I think.

My problem is that I can't even get the video to load.. on my screen all I see is black where the video is supposed to be loading... I would like to know if anyone else has this problem or if it's just me? Because a few days ago it ws loading just fine and all of a sudden it won't load anymore  Huh

Well, Kaci, there is something wrong with your computer. I've made the test on another computer at home and it also loads very quick and after entering the name in the box the movie starts imediatelly.

You've changed the writings to blue again. Then if you prefer blue, choose the dark blue ... You just have to make the links visible (my opinion of course).

Tatjana

Have a better day than I ever had!!! Charish the life, true friendship, love and honesty!!

Tatjana
Nelfa Squires

View Profile WWW
« Reply #722 on: September 14, 2005, 11:42:01 PM »

CHECK THIS OUT!!! 
I have recently updated my website... trying OUR GDI's tools.... it's amazing! Its so easy to use. Please visit my website at http://www.thesquires.ws  and please do not forget to sign in my guestbook because she has been very lonely.....

THANKS FOLKS! Your comments will be appreciated.[/b]

Nelfa B. Squires
KLopez

View Profile WWW
« Reply #723 on: September 14, 2005, 11:53:16 PM »

Tatjana, thanks. This is very frustrating with my computer  Angry

Oops.. acutally what happened was that after I changed the color to green I forgot to publish it again but I've just done it now.
mack88
« Reply #724 on: September 15, 2005, 03:48:15 AM »

Hi Kaci!  An Update....I figured out why I was not able to watch the movie!  It plays fine on my PC! 

Frank
Tatjana Prelog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #725 on: September 15, 2005, 08:19:35 AM »

Tatjana, thanks. This is very frustrating with my computer  Angry

Oops.. acutally what happened was that after I changed the color to green I forgot to publish it again but I've just done it now.

Kaci! That's fine now. The blue color was much more frustrating for the eyes - believe me as I don't see well I know what I'm talking about. Very thoughtful fo you to put Red Cross banner on your site, too. At least that way we may contribute something ...

Tatjana

Smiley

Have a better day than I ever had!!! Charish the life, true friendship, love and honesty!!

Tatjana
Tatjana Prelog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #726 on: September 15, 2005, 10:04:05 AM »

Andrew, great site. You've done the job well!

Nelfa now it's even better as it was before. Only the suggestion - maybe to every product you should add brief description despite the pictures.

Tatjana

Tatjana
D_Baker

View Profile
« Reply #727 on: September 15, 2005, 10:06:11 AM »

klopez, I think your website is superb!! The only comment I have is your spsonsor info
is hardly legible. Just make it larger!

God Bless

God Bless All
Donald
JDTutterow

Groovy - Now gimme some sugar, baby.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #728 on: September 15, 2005, 04:19:39 PM »

I am almost done with my site but have hit a little road block.  I'm trying to add some pictures to one of my pages and when I click on insert picture from gallery not all of the available images are shown.  I'm well under the 100 mb limit.  I'm not even up to half a meg.  Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas or know how to contact site builder help?  My site is at http://www.10amonth.ws.  All ideas, comments, and constructive critisism greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve Morse

Hi Steve -

Does anything look odd in your page title? I have copied/pasted it below in purple -

Webiste? Business? Both? Only $10 a month.
(What's a Webiste?)   Tongue

As for any ideas, here's a few:

I would suggest experimenting with a different font or font size, or use bold for some of your text
to "spice up" the pages. They look a little monotonous or un-exciting to read, at the moment.
Not your content, just the presentation of what you're saying.
(Just don't go crazy with it and make every other line a different color/style/size.)

For the "About Us" page - why not use some of your pictures from your "Doggie" and "Family" pages
on the right side of the "About Us" page to match your text on the left side? Maybe the two-column format,
the flag, or letter formats would work. You could then use one (or more) of the
"photo only" pages for something else. Your "About Us" page would then project more
of yourselves (if that's your goal), and your site could be more efficient.

For any others who may read this post -

I've said this before in other posts, but it's important (put yourself in your visitors' "shoes").

I see many sites listed on this forum that change the location of
the page links between pages - (not Steve's)
For example -
Home page - links on top left
Second page - links on right side
Third page - links back on top left
Fourth page - links on top right
and so on...

This is very distracting to a surfer!

Visitors like to be able to navigate a site quickly and easily.

If I land on a site and the page link directory is in a different
location on every page, I'm not going to take the extra time to
figure out where the links are - I'm gone!

Page links should be at the same location on every page -
wherever you decide to place them -

JD   Cool

JD Tutterow

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
Abraham Lincoln
PaulSouthin

View Profile
« Reply #729 on: September 15, 2005, 04:19:57 PM »

http://www.workfromwork.ws

Check out my new .WS website that I'm using to showcase my GDI business.  It's still under construction, but let me know what you think before I unleash it onto the world.

Thanks
Paul

« Last Edit: September 15, 2005, 04:20:55 PM by Nicole Taylor » Logged
ColleenT

My reasons for staying home are obvious!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #730 on: September 15, 2005, 04:21:38 PM »

Off to a great start, as usual!

The address is : www.moneymakinmom.ws

I'm going to have a coffee...... Shocked Shocked

The secret of success in life: Prepare for opportunity when it comes.(Benjamin Disraeli)

Greatest "shot in the arm":...Encouragement
Two most power-filled words:...."I Can"
Most contagious spirit:...Enthusiasm
Roxanne G

View Profile WWW
« Reply #731 on: September 15, 2005, 04:44:52 PM »

Kaci,

Special Guest works great and the movie loads!!

GREAT SITE!!!

Have a great day, after all, today is the first day of the rest of your life!!

Roxanne
Roxanne G

View Profile WWW
« Reply #732 on: September 15, 2005, 04:47:23 PM »

Paul,

You were trying to fit as much as possible in the window without making people scroll down huh??  I have better than 20/20 vision and it was hard to read the white on black in such small letters.

But...if the writing were larger, I think it would be great

I like the work from work thing.  Awesome concept.

Have a great day, after all, today is the first day of the rest of your life!!

Roxanne
D Ross

View Profile WWW
« Reply #733 on: September 15, 2005, 05:28:39 PM »

Hi Kaci,

I looked at your site with both IE and FF and the movie loaded Ok with both, IE was a little faster loading...

Using the different templates for each page could be a good selling point for your prospects. Now that we have 10 pages we could show up to 10 different templates to our prospects. Just a thought.......

D ROSS
WayneE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #734 on: September 15, 2005, 05:52:14 PM »

Kaci:

What I experienced on my system was that the text was much wider than the viewing area on my screen.  I would have had to be scrolling sideways a lot in order to see everything.

The other thing was that graphics were trying to load for several minutes and still only about 70 percent complete when I finally stopped it.

Perhaps someone with skill in the area of graphics can suggest how to have them load faster.

keep up the good work until you get it just the way you would like it to be.

Wayne

Hey all. Last week I purchased another domain from GDI and I have finally got it decent looking.

I wanted to share it with you and I would appreciate any comments or suggestions on it. I'm planning on sending my leads/prospects to this page from now on, but before I do, I would like feedback from you wonderful forum members Smiley

My website: www.globalprosperity.ws

Thanks!

Kaci Lopez

Wayne's Friendly Forums say "Never Give Up"
Success Could Be Closer Than You Think
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 144
  Print  

Jump to: