April 19, 2024, 09:49:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I have My DOT WS number plates ! Do you Have any new ideas?  (Read 33978 times)
John Hanna

View Profile
« on: June 21, 2006, 11:52:51 PM »

Hi Everyone, I just thought I would let you know that I live in Australia and have had the opportunity to snap up the first DOT WS number plates for my vehicle and they are a red background with white lettering. They look awesome and I have a lot of people asking me what DOT WS means so I take the opportunity to tell them about the busines. This also gave me the opportunity to  place my domain address accross the back windscreen which directs the to the GDI presentation.

This would be great for people in other countries other than Australia and the US to snap up a DOT WS number plate in their country and advertise on their vehicle.

For those who missed out on getting a DOT WS number plate can alternatively advertise their URL to direct people to the GDI presentation.

This is just my input which hopefully can give others some new ideas and maybe we can use this post for people with different ideas to get more traffic to their site.

People with great ideas please post here.
ChrisC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 06:06:37 AM »

Hey John

Chris from England here. What a great idea this really is. How much did it cost you to set up?

Keep up the good work mate

Regards

Chris J Coleman
D_Briere

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 08:27:53 AM »

It would be neat to get something like that in my state here in the U.S., but to get a new custom plate design improved, 150 of the state's residents have to sign off on it.
John Hanna

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 10:24:43 AM »

They cost me in Australia an extra $200 per year on top of my registration.
John Hanna

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 10:24:43 AM »

It would be neat to get something like that in my state here in the U.S., but to get a new custom plate design improved, 150 of the state's residents have to sign off on it.

The plates I have are only customised letters and in Australia you get a choice of colours, so it was not an actual improvement on the plates itself where you would need residents to sign off on. My plates are very similar to the ones that are on the GDI ferrari.
Chris Kelley

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 09:52:31 AM »

I live in America and my plate already reads "CEEKAY" which happens to be the name of my .ws domain. Now If i coudl only get away with putting "www" and ".ws" in front and back of that!

Grin
WatersA

Take That Step

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2006, 03:30:03 AM »

This is a wonderful idea. Cheesy I have one also.
How about in the rear window also?
People can see this view too. You could
get very cerative with it also.

Ms.Waters Cheesy

Success Is What You Make Of It!
Anne W

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2006, 03:31:38 AM »

Hi John

You beat me to it.  I live in Northern NSW Australia. Which state are you from? Next best thing I have thought of is bumper stickers. 

Anne Wheeler

« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 03:32:37 AM by ChipSnyder » Logged

Visit Australia
John Hanna

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2006, 09:39:47 PM »

Hi John

You beat me to it.  I live in Northern NSW Australia. Which state are you from? Next best thing I have thought of is bumper stickers. 

Anne Wheeler

I live in Sydney Ithink Im pretty lucky to get in early and get these plates can you imagine when .ws really rocks and becomes known as .com how much the plates will be worth. Keep your eye out in the forums you never know I might end up wanting sell them in the future.

But I think the really important thing here is that enyone can do is get a sticker made up with your domain address and put it on the back windscreen.

Goodluck
BKamanski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2006, 07:08:30 AM »

I just ordered some really cool ID plates for my SUV. You can check it out in my profile. It is getting a LOT OF ATTENTION! See you at the top!   Brad

Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Shocked

John Hanna

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2007, 11:56:52 AM »

Hi Guys,

I have decided to sell my DOT WS number plates on ebay check out item 200077849490 if your interested go for it.

Good Luck
John
Saion

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2010, 02:18:47 PM »

Thank you for viewing this thread. Due to a long period of inactivity, this thread has officially been locked. If you have any questions regarding this topic, we suggest contacting the person who initially started this thread.

Zack
GDI Forum Support
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: