March 28, 2024, 06:01:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anyone use a blog?  (Read 9960 times)
Roxanne G

View Profile WWW
« on: February 19, 2006, 07:54:09 AM »

I wanted to create a blog on my website, but can't with sitebuilder, so I created a blog on blogger.com. 

Has anyone been successful at using blogs and driving traffic to your site?  My blog is half personal, half business and I'm hoping the search engines will pick it up.  Just looking for some blog successs stories.

Have a great day, after all, today is the first day of the rest of your life!!

Roxanne
Mike G

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 12:01:50 PM »

Hi Roxanne!

I just started this and I was also considering using a blog.  My plan was to start one with blogger.com and then embed it into my website using HTML --but that might take some time to get it all constructed.

Anyway, I'd be interested in checking out your blog.

Mike
DRawe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 10:45:33 AM »

Hello!

I have 3 blogs that cover a very wide range of ideas/contents. One is for marketing, one for Fractional Investing, and another is a fun site. There seem to be two things you really need to think about when placing ads on your blogs. 1. What is your target audience? 2. Where is the ad placed ?
Don't place you ad in a general posting area, place it in a side bar. Make sure that if you allow comments, you have moderated ones. The reason for this is that there are some auto blog posting services that place comments that are actually an ad that can conflict/compete with YOUR ads!
 Remeber, many blog services have the capability of you to have Google AdSense blocks on your blog. This is another way for residual (very small) income from people just clicking on the block ads on your blog. Remeber to select the words not to have content bots use so you don't end up with competitors on on blog. Wink

Dave
StefaniPartin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2006, 05:35:01 PM »

I started my first blog a little over a year ago. I now have about 6 of them on a variety of topics. I use them to create content for my sites as well as drive traffic.

Mommy Enterprises
Helping Moms Make & Save At Home
JamieD

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 09:04:38 PM »

Do you get traffic on your blog? Does it really drive traffic to your other sites? How successful is it?
Thomas_P

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006, 05:49:18 AM »

Blogs are a good medium if you have a receptive audience of course, especially if your blog covers a niche subject area.
The search engines like blogs coz they are usually update more frequently. 

I am building a site using an open source portal called drupal  - it has a blog module which i have
started to use. It was gonna be a pesonal site for family etc but I am averaging about 40 unique visitors per day on the site at the moment so i am slowly turning it into a resource site, recruiting site etc.

Grin

« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 05:50:20 AM by Frank_M » Logged
DanHall1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2006, 09:11:32 PM »

I have a blog and recently made an entry titled: "High Spring and Summer Gasoline Prices" and I'm focusing on ways to use GDI to build income that off-sets the high price of oil and gasoline. Which if you've noticed, and I think everyone must have, has caused the prices of just about everything to go up.

I'm trying to make the word GasolineIncome a household name and use it to build my GDI and other businesses.

Not much for now. It takes a while for the forum to let the good stuff in.
M_Nidzamuddin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2007, 05:07:32 AM »

does anyone know how to publish their blog from blogger.com to dot-ws domain?? I have been searching around the forum but i just cannot find an answer. Please help...anyone?
RivetC

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2007, 07:46:01 PM »

I have been having great success with my Blog..

I use pingoat to ping it to the search engines.. I hope that helps

The more you ping the more your Blog will get noticed

Love GDI! Live GDI!  Work GDI!
DavidFoster

"What would you do if you weren't afraid?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2007, 08:03:39 PM »

does anyone know how to publish their blog from blogger.com to dot-ws domain?? I have been searching around the forum but i just cannot find an answer. Please help...anyone?

That may prove harder than you would think. The way that I would suggest that you do it, is just add an RSS link to your web page. This will allow people to subscribe and get the information on their own, and every time you add a new post to your blogger site, it will also update your feed, and they will be notified that the feed has been updated.

Other than that, just link to your blogger page from your website. It is not very easy to make your blogger page show up in your website unless you really know what you are doing. I am a web designer and would be more than happy to help you. PM me if you would like my help. Shocked

David Foster

"Practice a few simple disciplines daily, and you will succeed"
BobbyLeong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2008, 03:18:05 AM »

You can use your domain forwarding to forward your dot-ws domain to your blogger if that is what you want to do.
Or you can use an RSS script to show/feed your blog contents to your ws website

Have a Great Day!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: