April 19, 2024, 02:33:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: What would $1 a Day do for YOUR GDI Business?  (Read 30697 times)
mack88
« on: August 19, 2005, 06:06:30 PM »

$1 a day does not sound like much!  However, over a 30 day period it would add up $30.  That's $30 to put into your GDI business.  How far would that $30 go?

1.  Business Cards
2.  Printing Costs (Flyers, Drop Cards, Etc.)
3.  Online Advertising (Pay-Per-Click)
4.  Office supplies (Ink, Paper, Etc.)
5.  The list could go on and on....

How does one accomplish this?  It doesn't take a lot of time or personal sacrifice.  To start, all you have to do is take your pocket change at the end of the day and drop it in a jar or coffee can. If you can do that, and you put away about $1 a day, that's just $7 a week. At the end of the month, you'll have about $30.  At the end of the month, take it to your local bank and deposit it into your bank account, or roll it up and redeem it for cash.

Here are a few more ideas.  Trim your expenses to save more!

Take-out vs. dining out        Savings =$45 
Manicure less often             Savings =$15
Fewer trips to car wash       Savings =$12

Total saved for the month = $72

Now that's a whopping $72+ $30=$102 you could put back into your GDI business!   These are just examples how you could possibly fund your business when you first get started!  To your success!

Frank
ChrisAdamson

Show me the Smurfs!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2005, 06:12:42 PM »

great post frank! that is so true, and something we all can do so easily.
Nicole Taylor

Welcome to Talk.ws!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2005, 06:19:05 PM »

Hello Frank,

Actually, preparing meals at home would save you more money then take-out/dining out.

This is an excellent topic and everyone should get involved and list what YOU do to cut back on expenses to save for your GDI business!

Nicole

I make a good income right from home while I am drinking Starbucks and eating my cinnamon crumb cake.
Javier Segura

Javier Segura

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2005, 06:39:25 PM »

$1 a day does not sound like much!  However, over a 30 day period it would add up $30.  That's $30 to put into your GDI business.  How far would that $30 go?

1.  Business Cards
2.  Printing Costs (Flyers, Drop Cards, Etc.)
3.  Online Advertising (Pay-Per-Click)
4.  Office supplies (Ink, Paper, Etc.)
5.  The list could go on and on....

How does one accomplish this?  It doesn't take a lot of time or personal sacrifice.  To start, all you have to do is take your pocket change at the end of the day and drop it in a jar or coffee can. If you can do that, and you put away about $1 a day, that's just $7 a week. At the end of the month, you'll have about $30.  At the end of the month, take it to your local bank and deposit it into your bank account, or roll it up and redeem it for cash.

Here are a few more ideas.  Trim your expenses to save more!

Take-out vs. dining out        Savings =$45 
Manicure less often             Savings =$15
Fewer trips to car wash       Savings =$12

Total saved for the month = $72

Now that's a whopping $72+ $30=$102 you could put back into your GDI business!   These are just examples how you could possibly fund your business when you first get started!  To your success!

Frank

GREAT JOB!!! YOU'LL GO FAR!!

OK heres my list of things to cut out...
1. Stop buying 24 Packs of beer every 2 weeks = $22.00
2. Stop Smoking                                            = $97.50
3. Stop buying bootleg movies from co-workers  = $50.00
4. Change my auto insurance coverage from FULL to LIABILITY = $100.00
5. Cancel my Premium Cable Channels                = $25.00
6. Cut my own grass                                      = $45.00

I Know this may seem funny to some of you...But i know there are a few people who can relate!

GOD BLESS!!

Your brother in debt (and hopefully in success very soon!)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2005, 06:40:25 PM by Nicole Taylor » Logged

Javier Segura
Houston, TX
Diane Ewert

It's Just Me

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2005, 07:04:57 PM »

To help with expenses I signed up with a temp agency.  I work only when I need exta cash for GDI expenses.

This comes in handy around the hollidays also.

Diane
HowardMartell

"Repetition is the mother of all Skills"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2005, 08:15:57 PM »

Hello, I enjoyed your post

I believe you have the vision and the talent to make this business work.

Keys. 1. Help develop leaders in your organization.

Key   2. Keep it simple so you can get your leader to duplicate your efforts.

Key  3. Sacrifice is your why is bigger than you (reason for having home business

Key 4. doesn't take much money to start compared to traditional business.

key 5. Always have business cards or flyers with you to pass out to prospects.

Key 6. Always stay on top of what the company is doing to make the product and service better.

Key 7. Think like your prospects  not like afffiliate.

Key 8. Time Line - understand this is long term committment will require dedicated work to bring customers in to your business.

Key 9. Never give up always remain postive enjoy the benefits of having home business.

Key 10. Ask questions from proven professionals who have been successful?

i hope this can both be uplifting and educational take everyday and identify people who you will qualify for your business and help them by providing them with the resources and proven techniques to build a business from home!

take care

Howard Martell Hawaii leadership
David Verney

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2005, 02:50:30 PM »

Great post Frank, but I don't use a manicure. lol
mack88
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2005, 08:03:50 PM »

Great post Frank, but I don't use a manicure. lol

David,

Manicures are not too bad! Thanks for the compliment!

Frank

p.s.  There are lots of great ideas on how to fund your business to get the best out of it!  It's all about creative financing!
Anthony J

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2006, 09:14:29 PM »

;)Peace & Blessings Everyone,

Well, one thing I do is wait until sunday, (or whatever day works for U)  and cook meals for the whole week and freeze them.  For example, spaghetti, I freeze the sauce, and just make the pasta whatever day I make it.  I make use of my networking.  Another example, I have a buddy from college that works as a supervisor in office services, for a nice bottle of morgan (yes, he has a lil' captain in him) I can get hundreds of nice, quality prints at a time.  Just a little of what I do.  All in all, it frees' me up to concentrate more on writing ad copy, and talking with prospects, and the occasional bounty hunting cases I recieve.
WatersA

Take That Step

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2006, 03:21:38 AM »

Most people that have a job are to tired when they get home.
They might love the idea that you would clean for them,cook,
do the shopping,pick up the close from the cleaners Cheesy.
If you like cooking have a bake sale. make rib tip sandwiches.
Give people a ride from the super market. Cheesy.

Ms.Waters

Success Is What You Make Of It!
S_Alcoya

Success is our way of life

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2006, 06:27:48 PM »

We all waste money everyday. If we cut back a little bit.
We can invest more money into are business.
Most of us still have a day job.
Cut back on your lunch expenses.
Make your own lunch.
Also putting in the time and effort.
Hard work will pay off.

A dollar a day will do wonders for your business.
That dollar could turn into thousands.

Take Care,
Alcoya
Nino S

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2006, 10:25:09 PM »

Has anyone DOUBLED a Penny every day for 30 days? Imagine how much that penny can ad up in 30 days time! If you guys can give me a figure of how much money that is in 30 days. Please post it on this Forum.

Nino Salise
Ron_C

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2006, 08:06:40 PM »

I'm not sure but it's over a million dollars

Life is like chess make your next move your best move...
SuzanneOuimet

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2007, 03:10:37 PM »

EXCUSE ME!

But wasn't the whole idea to make some money with GDI? 
Do I have to cut out everything that makes my life worthwhile in order to get GDI going by spendiing money on 'iffy' propositions?

That's not what the ads say.  They say No Selling.  Well, if I have to purchase hundreds of dollars worth of other programs (ie. $150. per mo. recommended by PIF4P), to get a downline, then I say, no way Hosay! (My apologies to those Spanish speaking people here, I know that's not spelled correctly).

Anyway, let's try to get our GDI downlines without having to spend, spend, spend!

If anyone has any ideas on how to get those e-mail addresses without having to spend, let me know.
Alan Sheffield

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2007, 03:41:20 AM »

EXCUSE ME!

But wasn't the whole idea to make some money with GDI? 
Do I have to cut out everything that makes my life worthwhile in order to get GDI going by spendiing money on 'iffy' propositions?

That's not what the ads say.  They say No Selling.  Well, if I have to purchase hundreds of dollars worth of other programs (ie. $150. per mo. recommended by PIF4P), to get a downline, then I say, no way Hosay! (My apologies to those Spanish speaking people here, I know that's not spelled correctly).

Anyway, let's try to get our GDI downlines without having to spend, spend, spend!

If anyone has any ideas on how to get those e-mail addresses without having to spend, let me know.

Interesting comments...  Based on your comments - I would say to start with a change in your expectations and your attitude.

With GDI or any business YOU need to have a marketing budget to promote YOUR business. I STAY away from systems like the one you mentioned above for several reasons, but you need to do some kind of marketing. You do not NEED to purchase hundreds of dollars worth of programs, some people do and thats OK. I think you will find that as you move away from a POVERTY mentality and you start making money that you will spend more on your business naturally, and this it chalked up to a simple cost of doing business. Think about it - If you were opening a traditional business... Would you have front end and ongoing expense - YES. $100-$200... to me thats cheap rent. FOCUS on What it will take to "break even" then make money - instead of - what is this costing me. If you were spending $50-$100-$200 or more on simple marketing tools but you were making those amounts or more - breaking even then it's simply a wash while you build your business, but You have to take the actions necessary to get yourself there. Front end load your EFFORT.

Take a close look at YOUR DAILY ACTIVITY and you will find the answer.

I mean this in the right way...   STOP BEING CHEAP and START taking action. If you have a "$0" budget for marketing then you have to decide what YOU are willing to do to make up for that. You will have to make up for your lack of marketing budget in EFFORT- Sweat eqity. TALK to lots of people. Invite them - follow-up - Collect a decision (a YES or a NO is perfect) - Then REPEAT the process. Get creative & be here long term... you will have success.

Spending money to promote YOUR business is not a bad thing. It is simply a cost of doing business.

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: