May 01, 2024, 01:36:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My blog has gone 404  (Read 3057 times)
DsbE

View Profile
« on: April 25, 2011, 11:10:46 AM »

Hello,

Earlier today I was trying to post etc. to my blog and a notice said it was down for maintenance. Now I go there and the front page is fine. The problem is that all my links and directories are 404. Where did they go and will you be bringing them back or have I just wasted 4 months and 800 posts of work?

Here is my blog so you can see what I am referring to:

http://lifeinthekeyofc.waterforlife.ws/
GavinH

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 11:30:23 AM »

I think it will be fine. I lost my entire website (using a WP plug-in) a few days ago and my WP sub-domain site too. Then a couple of days later the home pages were accessible but nothing else, and none of the internal links worked.

Then all pages were eventually working again (this morning South Africa time). Now, this afternoon, the whole site is down again. It crashed as I was editing a page. Grrr.

GDI are aware of the issues related to the various plug-ins, and they have been working on it over the past few days. The last e-mail I received (earlier today) said all should now be fine. Trouble is, it isn't.

It's very frustrating. I am promoting some pages in Twitter and Facebook and keep having to delete the posts when I find that suddenly the site is belly-up again.

However, my experience has been that GDI have good customer service and they will fix it as soon as they possibly can.

So, don't panic. We just need patience, I guess - even though it's very irritating and bad for business and traffic. If people hit a dud site they often never come back, I imagine.
DsbE

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 11:57:35 AM »

All is well again. Apparently I changed a wrong setting while they were doing maintenance and messed everything up. They came back online but I mistook it for their mistake. I reset my links and all seems well again. The only problem is that Google doesn't seem to recognize me any more. Maybe people are just not clicking on my blog when they do their searches.. Anyway, all is well and thanks customer support for your responses. I didn't realize we should sent support requests in before we start crying on these forums. I'll know better next time  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: