April 25, 2024, 09:50:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: problems with banners  (Read 3467 times)
DaveJones

View Profile
« on: June 14, 2010, 10:11:48 AM »

Hey Im trying to build a site with you and alough the web building tools are simplified and easy i cant seem to add a banner code. It doesn't really explain how to add it or anything like that and when i copy and paste banners it publishes the site while showing the text code instead of the banner itself.
VParker

Vincent R Parker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 11:40:52 AM »

Hi Dave,

Based on what you said I am going to assume you are using the GDI Site Builder to build your website.

There are two ways to place banners on your website using the site builder.

1) In the "edit page" option of the site builder there is a menu on the left.  Find where it says "Galleries" and then click on GDI Tools.  From here you can simply select the banner, button or movie of your choice and click on "Add".  It will ask you to double click where the banner is to be placed.  Just double click where the banner is to go and there it is!  Nothing else is needed on your part (aside from saving or publishing the page).  It is already coded with your affiliate ID so anyone clicking that banner will be taken to your GDI affiliate page.

2) You can also use a text box (and I think this is where your problem is at).  In the "edit page" section, click on "Text".  Notice, that the box that pops up has three options at the bottom; Design, Source and Preview.  To enter in raw code you need to click on "Source".  From here you can write or paste the banner code you want to use.  Then just click on OK and the banner will be on your webpage.

And that's all there is to it!  I hope this helped.  If this did not make sense I just created a video for you so you can watch me do it using both methods.  Just go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzXpPPsKjZI and watch the video there.

WARNING: This video is just for you and current GDI members.  Please do not send your prospects or leads to this video as it has a link to my GDI website.  And, I wouldn't want to steal a prospect away from you after you worked so hard to get them.

If it wasn't what you were looking for reply to this post and we can go from there.  Smiley

To YOUR Success,

Vincent Parker

Vincent R. Parker
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: