March 28, 2024, 07:03:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sign up new affilates to your downline?  (Read 4476 times)
Stephen Hanley

View Profile WWW
« on: June 01, 2010, 11:43:15 AM »

As mentioned in another topic, I run a web design company, and I am looking to increase my down-line by signing up some of my customers to GDI for their domain registration, I would then point the name-servers to my own company's web-hosting (which has database support). Then for each new customer my company receives I would then register them beneath those other customers in my down-line.

I believe it would be a very effective way to grow my GDI business, as well as helping others make a success of their GDI business too!

I was wondering if there is any problems with doing any of this?
Thank you so much for any guidance!

When people quit anything in life, it's always just before they were about to succeed!
Stephen Hanley

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 09:37:54 AM »

Any advice on this question would be fantastic, I just need to know whether I'm stepping over any boundaries  with my advertising idea??? thank you to anyone who might know!  Grin

When people quit anything in life, it's always just before they were about to succeed!
SDBoltsFan
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 02:02:49 PM »

Any advice on this question would be fantastic, I just need to know whether I'm stepping over any boundaries  with my advertising idea??? thank you to anyone who might know!  Grin

Hello Stephen,

Unfortunately, it seems what you are trying to accomplish would not be in compliance with our company's policies. Each member is responsible for registering their own account, preferably from within their own computer. This is required for security purposes being that all members must be able to read and agree to our Terms of Service and Policies at time of registration. Registering accounts on behalf of others would be a direct violation of our policies. At the same time, being that certain personal and billing information is visible from within a member's account; we do not encourage members to share their account login information. It seems that due to the nature of your business, this would be something that you would require from them.

Hopefully you have found the information in this response helpful, if you still have questions about your inquiry or would like to discuss this matter in more detail we would suggest contacting our support department directly.

You may contact our Support Department by email at support@wsdomains.ws or you may call us at (1)760-602-3000 Monday-Friday from 8AM-5PM Pacific Standard Time. Please listen to the entire list of telephone choices in order to ensure you reach the proper department.

NOTE: Our office hours are based on the Pacific Standard Time Zone. Please make sure when contacting our office that you please do so from a time in your local time zone that is within GDI’s hours of operation. For more information on Time Zones and Time zone differences, please visit http://www.worldtimezone.com/. For information on proper long distance or international calling procedures, please visit http://www.countrycallingcodes.com/.

Amauri
GDI Forum Support
Stephen Hanley

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 04:33:11 PM »

That's fine, there's always a way around things... I could have the client sign up themselves, I'd never need to personally log into their account, nor would I need their login information. (I would actually prefer not to access their accounts directly anyway!).

I've received a response from WS Support regarding my question and have been told that my idea would be acceptable as long as I do not register new accounts on behalf of new affiliates, and must not force any affiliate to point their domain to my company name-servers (i.e. I will explain to them in full what other great ways they can use their GDI domain for).

Thank you for the response, the information I've received has given me a firm understanding of my requirements and also my boundaries... I'll be sure to act entirely within the company's policies.

Thank you once again.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: