March 29, 2024, 04:21:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm very new and I cant get my site to publish.  (Read 4239 times)
D_Davenport

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2010, 11:09:18 PM »

I have a domain, aaadave.com. The GDI site says I still have to get a registrar and DNS switched. HOW DO I DO THAT?
David
VParker

Vincent R Parker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 05:49:55 AM »

Hey David,

I'm definitely not a techie when it comes to some of this.  So, my best piece of advice would be to contact GDI support about this.

As far as switching the DNS you can, in your GDI back office, click on the "Domains" tab and listed with your domain will be a link that says "Change DNS".

I have no clue about the registrar but would love to hear the solution/answer.  Please, when you learn of it let us know what you find out so if one of our prospects or team members asks this question, we can answer it.

Thank you very much and good luck, David!

Vincent Parker

Vincent R. Parker
SDBoltsFan
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 04:03:28 PM »

I have a domain, aaadave.com. The GDI site says I still have to get a registrar and DNS switched. HOW DO I DO THAT?
David

Hello David,

From the sound of it, it appears that upon registration of your GDI account you selected the Bring Your Own Domain option (currently only available to new members only). This option allows you to use the services GDI has to offer with a domain which you already own through another registrar. In order for your domain to work properly with our system though, you will need to go to the registrar you have the domain registered with and set the NameServers for your domain to:

ns3.gdidns.com
ns4.gdidns.com

Once you have successfully done this, your domain will begin to display your GDI content.

If you do not remember who you registered your domain through, you may do a whois search at http://who.is in order to obtain your registrar's contact information.

Amauri
GDI Forum Support
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: