March 28, 2024, 08:03:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PHP & MySQL?  (Read 8187 times)
Stephen Hanley

View Profile WWW
« on: May 22, 2010, 03:45:08 AM »

I think it's a bit of a shame that GDI doesn't offer PHP support and Databases... I am therefore required to host 99% of my website with another provider with a .net domain because I can't host it here with my .ws domain... I only have a splash page hosted with GDI at this time, which is linked to the main site...

I hope this is something that is being looked into, because I would love nothing more than to bring my entire website over to my GDI hosting!

Thank you!   Huh

When people quit anything in life, it's always just before they were about to succeed!
Stephen Hanley

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 09:47:59 AM »

As I build websites for a living resell hosting too, I feel it would be brilliant if I could host my clients websites on GDI hosting using their own accounts, however most websites use some form of databases now and other scripts, so without the access to a hosting control panel (e.g. VDeck, CPanel & phpMyAdmin), it's very difficult to build a decent website without a lot of unnecessary time spent, and even so, the functionality is definitely limited.

I was wondering if the new Premium Hosting has these features implemented? If so I'll purchase it straight away! Otherwise I'm sure that the introduction of such options in future would be highly appreciated by many GDI members. Thanks so much for any information provided.  Smiley

My sincerest regards...
Stephen

When people quit anything in life, it's always just before they were about to succeed!
SDBoltsFan
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 04:36:12 PM »

As I build websites for a living resell hosting too, I feel it would be brilliant if I could host my clients websites on GDI hosting using their own accounts, however most websites use some form of databases now and other scripts, so without the access to a hosting control panel (e.g. VDeck, CPanel & phpMyAdmin), it's very difficult to build a decent website without a lot of unnecessary time spent, and even so, the functionality is definitely limited.

I was wondering if the new Premium Hosting has these features implemented? If so I'll purchase it straight away! Otherwise I'm sure that the introduction of such options in future would be highly appreciated by many GDI members. Thanks so much for any information provided.  Smiley

My sincerest regards...
Stephen

Hello Stephen,

Our hosting package currently offers PHP support and has done so for some time. However, we have yet to implement many other more advanced hosting features. GDI Premium was launched with the current feature set, but please keep in mind that we do intend to continue adding value to it in the future with additional features.

As always, we appreciate our customer's input. Your comments and suggestion have been forwarded to our executive committee.

Amauri
GDI Forum Support
Stephen Hanley

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 05:10:00 PM »

Thank you so much for your quick reply, I see that the GDI Premium has some fantastic features, and I can't wait to see what GDI unveils next!
I'm very excited!!!  Cheesy Thanks again!

Christopher_S

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 09:31:35 PM »

I would also like to see MySQL support. I could change the name servers to my german webhost but that would cost money that I do not have at the moment. I think for 10$ per month you could include a MySQL database. At this moment the basic hosting is complete out of time!
Voon Ming Hann

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 09:30:06 AM »

I felt dispointed of GDI's hosting. I'm a web developer and I feel want to do a forum, at least a blog with my domain.. but it can't !

I can only wait for GDI to upgrade fix this  Smiley

Honestly, 10USD per month should come with a very standard hosting. now even cheapest host provider do have Msql & PHP.. hope GDI concern about the quality of the products, the competition outside there will failed GDI soon if GDI ignored that. Anyways, that's my opinion..

Hey, GDI have a plan or not to add Msql or Php in their hosting ? I hope won't take me too long to wait! GDI premium recently is totally a junk for me. Even with unlimited storage and unlimited bandwidth still I can't do what I want without Msql.. Please concern thanks ~
Kurt Tasche

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 10:59:55 AM »

This is something that's stopped alot of my prospects from joining GDI.  The fact that GDI offers an awesome income opportunity is great.  But, as soon as my prospects find out that GDI hosting doesn't include Cpanel like most others, they walk away and sign up with services like hostgator and others.

$10 a month really should include Cpanel hosting.  Even with a limited amount of hosting space and bandwidth, it would add more value.  Other hosts offer unlimited hosting space, bandwidth, etc for under $20 a month.  Hope GDI considers this.  As I said before, this is the one major blockade I have with my prospects.

6 Guaranteed GDI Signups!
We advertise your GDI referral link until you have 6 direct signups.  Then, we do the same for your downline!!
MKelly2

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2013, 04:56:07 PM »

My sincerest regards...
Stephen

Hello Stephen,

Our hosting package currently offers PHP support and has done so for some time. However, we have yet to implement many other more advanced hosting features. GDI Premium was launched with the current feature set, but please keep in mind that we do intend to continue adding value to it in the future with additional features.

As always, we appreciate our customer's input. Your comments and suggestion have been forwarded to our executive committee.

This (the above) was from about two years ago. Is it still true now?   
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: