April 19, 2024, 09:44:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pay Per Click PPC Keyword ideas for GDI  (Read 4888 times)
David Minns

View Profile WWW
« on: April 09, 2010, 07:52:43 AM »

I want to get an idea of what keywords you think people would type into search engines for various aspects of GDI and online business. I will start the ball rolling, can you reply with the same format so it makes it easy for other people to share the suggestions:

Keywords for people looking to make money online
earn online, website income, working from home

Keywords for people with GDI accounts looking for advice
win with GDI, GDI help, GDI support, GDI ideas

Ask me for my free PDF GDI sales guide. 29 pages of ideas that helped me grow a good downline. Or click on my name above my photo to get the file now.
David Furness

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 11:55:15 AM »

have a look at google keywords. put insomething like money and it finds lots of words around that keyword. Also gives search stats
David Minns

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 12:43:30 PM »

Hi,

After some changes to one of my GDI sites and have some great free search traffic. The highlight is being on page 2 of Google for the search GDI. Here is a list of the top key words people are using to find my site. These are all free (organic) searches, no paid keywords. Hopefully this list will give you some ideas for Search Engine Optimization (SEO).

gdi
gdi business ebooks
distribute your gdi ebook
gdi website
global domains international
gdi template
gdi templates
gdi ads
gdi domains
gdi websites
gdi advertising coop
gdi affiliate
gdi bonuses
gdi recruiting scam
gdi sites
gdi.ws
how to get gdi sign up without rejoin
template gdi
top gdi sponsor
banner de web gdi
best way to promote gdi
clone gdi
distribute your ebook
find member for gdi
free and powerfull will growing your gdi
free gdi account
free gdi advertising co op
free gdi website templates
gdi article help
gdi bear brian
gdi business
gdi calculator html
gdi club
gdi coop
gdi doesn't work
gdi downline domain
gdi ebook
gdi info
gdi invitation

Ask me for my free PDF GDI sales guide. 29 pages of ideas that helped me grow a good downline. Or click on my name above my photo to get the file now.
Darren Olander

Darren Olander

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 05:45:24 PM »

Good list, I advertise on some of those keywords - but I've found that the short keywords are more expensive and also convert worse.. so I would focus more on finding long-tail keywords (multiple word phrases)

For example, just the keyword "gdi" never worked well for me, and something like "working from home" is way too competitive, with a little more digging you can find longer phrases that have much less competition and provide you a great ROI.

Darren Olander
Proud Founder of the Prosperity Marketing System
Build Your GDI Business Using The Prosperity Marketing System! (check my profile & website)
VParker

Vincent R Parker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 06:53:26 AM »

Awesome thread!  Keywords and keyword research really is the backbone of any online marketing campaign.  And don't feel that keywords are only good for PPC or your website.  Once you determine which keywords you would like to focus on and use, those should permeate everything that you do.  Social network profiles (that's right, search engines crawl those), classified ads (well over half of the traffic on classified ads are done through keyword searches) and even videos (it's very easy to get on the first page just using videos).

But, the question is, HOW do you do keyword research?  How do you find those keywords that will 1) bring traffic and 2) that you could be on the first page easily.

It's quite easy, though a bit time consuming.  First off, our goal is to find keywords with little competition (50,000 or less competing websites is a good goal) that are searched for frequently (1,000 global searches a month or more is about right).

(By the way, before we get into this thank you David for starting this thread and providing some keywords and thank you Darren for pointing out that often short keywords are often very competitive.)

The first thing you need to become familiar with is the Google Adwords Keyword Tool.  You can find that by going to https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal.  Be sure to use the new beta version.  It contains more information and the ability to search for phrases.  If you are on the old page in the upper left hand corner it will say something like "try beta version".

There are only 3 things we really want to pay attention to here (unless you are doing this for Pay Per Click). 

1) Once you enter a keyword to search look in the bottom left hand menu.  You will find a box for "Phrase".  You want to uncheck broad and exact and use "Phrase".  Why?  Because we are looking for websites that have that exact "Phrase" in the website.

2) We will be copying the terms found in the "Keyword" collumn later to determine how many competing websites there are.

3) Global searches.  Again, remember that you are looking for keywords that have around 1,000 global searches per month or more.  A little less is fine but something that gets only 50 searches a month is really not worth too much of your time or effort.  We want BANG and not fizzle...

Next, open up a new browser tab or window and head over to http://Google.com.  This is where we will be discovering how many competing websites there are.  Remember, we are looking for around 50,000 competing websites or less.  More is just fine, however 50,000 competing websites means you have a very easy time at being on the first page and even the first spot.  Your experience will determine how high that number should be.

OK, let's do some research!  First, let's take a look at Darren's warning on a phrase like "gdi".  Head over to the Google Keyword Tool and just type in GDI and do a search.  Remember to check the "Phrase" box.

Doing this you will discover that "gdi" is searched for 550,000 times each month!  Wow!!!  Would 550,000 visitors to your website improve your business?  You bet your GDI Butt it would!!!  So, how many competing websites are there?  Head over to Google and type in "gdi".  Don't forget to include the quotes.  I like to just copy it from the keyword column and paste it in the search field (just makes it easier).

Ack!!!  "gdi" has around 6,910,000 competing websites!  OK...while this is not impossible to get on the first page it's going to take some time and work.  Actually, probably a lot of time and work.  And unless you are very experienced this would be a definite challenge.  It does not meet our criteria and therefore, not one we want to use.

Let's try another of Darren's keywords.  "Working from home" has 246,000 searches per month with around 4,240,000 competing websites.  Again, a no go...

How about some of David's keywords.  "Free gdi account" only gets about 36 searches per month and 5,510 competing websites.  You could VERY easily get on the first page of Google with this keyword.  But only 36 searches a month?  Hm...not worth too much effort and not something I would personally shoot for.  However, that would be a potential 36 free visitors to your website a month.  So, it's up to you.  For this post it doesn't meet our criteria so let's look for another...

How about "GDI Business"?  It has 880 searches per month and only 193,000 competing websites.  Again, it doesn't quite fit our criteria but that is a good keyword.  Better than any we have discovered so far.

"GDI Affiliate" get about 590 searches a month with only 98,700 competing websites.  It's getting better each search.  Again, this doesn't fit our criteria but this is a keyword phrase you might want to take a look at using.  590 free visitors, fairly easy to get on the first page.  I'm not excited BUT in my opinion this would be worth your time.  Again though, this is all a personal choice and it depends on how much experience you have with SEO (Search Engine Optimization).

"GDI Website" returns 720 searches and only 61,400 competing websites.  Wow, now this is looking nice.  Doesn't QUITE fit our criteria but this is definitely very close and definitely worth your time (if people searching for GDI Website are people you want on YOUR website).

BINGO!  "GDI Marketing" gets around 1,000 searches per month and only has 41,100 competing websites.  Gold mine!  This has enough searches to warrant your time AND has few competing websites so you could be on the top.

Now, you definitely want to consider, "Who will be searching for these terms and are they people I would like to target?"  So, who would be looking up "GDI Marketing"?  Would your website be useful to those people?  Are those the people you would like to target?  The answer might be yes, and it might be no.  It completely depends on YOUR website, who you want to talk to and what kind of content you provide.  But, you get the idea.

And hopefully all of the posts in this thread give you some great ideas.  Keywords are the lifeblood of your online marketing.  Because, having a powerful website is GREAT...but not so great if nobody finds it.

Good luck you all and a special thanks to David, David and Darren for giving us such great advice and ideas.  It's people like YOU that make being in THIS business so exciting.  You not only make it possible to be successful in GDI, you make it probable.  Thanks!

To YOUR Success,

Vincent Parker

P.S. If this post did not make sense and you need more detailed instructions write me a PM and I'll direct you to my website that has a video (which is over an hour long) showing EXACTLY how to do it.  I would include the video here but at the end it talks about a program that does all the work for you.  I'm not an affiliate of the program but it does cost money and that just comes too close to spamming you all.  I think we can all agree, spam is bad.  Unless, of course, it's fried with some eggs.  Yum!

Vincent R. Parker
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: