March 28, 2024, 12:36:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16
  Print  
Author Topic: HTML Questions? Ask Here!  (Read 147276 times)
Sean_Braden

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2005, 04:36:17 PM »

I was looking for the information on the 3 min movie that plays when you go to www.my.ws/userid it is actually changed now though.  I am looking for the one with the squeeling car then the people talking.  I want to put the movie on my website and not just have a link to it.  I also want to put the ticket on my site and not a link to it.  if you copy and paste you get some pretty funky results.

Sean
KLopez

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2005, 08:44:20 PM »

I was looking for the information on the 3 min movie that plays when you go to www.my.ws/userid it is actually changed now though. I am looking for the one with the squeeling car then the people talking. I want to put the movie on my website and not just have a link to it. I also want to put the ticket on my site and not a link to it. if you copy and paste you get some pretty funky results.

Sean

I also wanted to put the ticket on my website (the actual movie) but no one seems to understand what I'm talking about or either no one knows. I have seen some .ws websites with these on there though. Currently I have the ferrari movie but I have to fill in a name (Guest)  for it since I dont know the rest of the html code for the ticket (where the prospects fill in their own name on the ticket) I hope someone can help you out here b/c I've been trying to figure this out and no one seems to know. 
GarySmathers

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2005, 06:25:49 AM »

I had no problems with my first site, which was only one page, except that the pictures do not appear in the published version. Small problem, and if you have some assistance for that GREAT. My big problem is that my second site, 5 pages, initially comes up perfectly. However, within hours or at least within one day, when I visit the site you can only see the first page. When additional pages are clicked on to view it shows the Site Builder logon page and login. Do you know why this may be happening, or what I can do to correct?  Thanks,Gary
JulianSnare

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2005, 04:08:22 AM »

Hi can anyone help, I am having trouble with viewing the movie presentation I get a blank screen Huh It worked a week ago.
I am at a total loss. Many thanks Julian

what a wonderful life, if only I had realised it sooner.
JeffG

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2005, 02:54:46 PM »

I want to add the income calculater to my site, where can I get a copy of the script?
Michael D1

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2005, 05:30:53 AM »

Ok I am sorry for such a newbie question.   
I am creating my website on Macromedia Dreamweaver.   It practically writes all the code for you.   After I uploaded all the different things to the server (I selected hosting when I started)    it is showing the work I did on the website builder and not what I created in the Macromedia Dreamweaver program.

Not only that, I am completely lost when Globals email said there must be an index.html page?   How come I can't find exactly what this consist of?
CarrieWright

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2005, 06:21:25 PM »

Hello this is my first time on the GDI forum

Can anyone tell me how to set up my Webpage so that there are Page Links running down the Left hand side of the Webpage

Currently the page Links are at the top of the page which is fine but I would prefer that they were on the left hand side

would really appreciate this tip

thanks
Carrie - Canberra Australia

Carrie Wright
Canberra Australia
Skype - wricon
Dennis F

Get outa yer comfort zone and use the moment

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2005, 09:56:43 PM »

Carrie,  I do not know if publisher has a pre-configure to put page links at side.

But you could add you own,(This is an Example to write a new Page with HTML page links)     
Create New page, Preference(2 column),Edit Page,  Now on Design Page you can Type in Anything you want to point to page2,page3,page4 I will use these for example...Finish Designing "Page Numbers individualy"  Page 2  Use the buttons to change type, color, highlight, boldness then do the same for Page 3

After doing this Carrie, you can view the HTML that shows code written for your pages Now all you need to do is turn them into a link for each Page link you created.
Example of Code before changing to link: <p><font color="#3366ff"><strong>Page 2</strong></font></p> 
                Code after changing to link:  <a href="http://www.yoursite.ws/page2.html"><font color="#3366ff"><stron>Page 2</strong></font></a>

Notice The changes you have to make for each Page link you create in Bold
This may be the Long Hand way of doing it with Publisher.........Does anyone else have a quicker Idea...Rob???  lol    O.k. Carrie  I hope this helps....it can be done.

The grass is only greener on the other side of the fence because you put the fence there...pssst... take it down.
CarrieWright

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2005, 04:32:51 AM »

thanks Dennis

but this seems a bit confusing and complicated to me, me being a total novice as far as webdesign goes

- does anyone have an easy answer?  I'm sure I have seen a .ws website with page links on the left hand side

cheers
Carrie

Carrie Wright
Canberra Australia
Skype - wricon
MarkConley

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2005, 04:32:29 PM »

I'm also new to GDI and although I have a 30 year technical background in the aerospace industry and thought building a web site was child's play...I can't seem to put the pieces together either. GDI member Gary Cooper has an excellent site (http://www.garycooper.ws) that I would like to use as a template but when I simply attempted to copy and paste a banner code onto my site the banner itself does not replace the "code" words.

Part of my marketing plans include advertising the simplicity of building your own web site...even for teenagers. If I can't build my own web site quickly, I can't promote GDI effectively.

In lieu of having to search the forum for tips and tricks every time I run into a "snag" I would like to propose GDI set up a weekly training call for "beginners" where we can build a web page by following along with a trainer on line while they provide step-by-step directions.

What does everyone else think?  This would be very helpful, especially for those like myself who more than likely are suffering from advance stages of A.D.D. or Altzheimers.
Allen L

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2005, 07:40:49 PM »

I want to add the income calculater to my site, where can I get a copy of the script?

Here's the URL to the income calculator: http://website.ws//kvmlm2/st_calculator.dhtml

Hope this helps.

-allen
CarrieWright

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2005, 05:08:25 AM »

I think that this is a great suggestion

cheers
Carrie

Carrie Wright
Canberra Australia
Skype - wricon
HelenR

get rich..get rich..get rich..

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2005, 12:47:46 PM »

CALLING ALL NOVICES TO BUILDING WEBSITES, Great suggestion from Mark Conley
That is the best suggestion i have heard ever. Im a total novice, & think a weekly (or fortnightly) training session for beginners is ideal. We should all get together & put forward this request to GDI's head department. I have noticed that there are alot of beginners like us involved with GDI & not everyone that joins has knowledge of building websites. Some of us have even no experience at all when it comes to PC's in general.  Also, instructions are sometimes not very clear or not explained in detail, & examples are rarely given, so that we may be able to follow easily. Having a training session would solve all these problems.
 We could be trained in:
1)   step by step easy instructions on how to build  pages from scratch, with examples of each. (& tell us all that can go wrong & how to fix it)
2)   HTML tags & codes (put in simpler terms, than how tutorials explain it)
3)   how to upload files properly & the coding  & jargon involved.(& give examples)
4)  Why & how some problems happen & how to avoid them/solve them.(trouble-shooting guides)
5)  How we can put links on our pages.
Plus more....
You have my 100% support for your suggestions. Im sure there are many others that agree. Calling all you novices out there, please come & lend your support behind this, im sure building a website can be easily acheived by all, with a training session designed especially for us!!
Warmest Regards,
Yours in health, wealth & happiness,
Helen. R.
JackieStover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2005, 07:33:07 AM »

my question is how do you get the small tabs at the bottom of the web pages for terms of use and policies to install in to your pages?

if you try to fail and sucseed would you be sucsessful or would you be a failure?
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2005, 12:24:18 AM »

I don't really understand the question. I assume you want to put links at the bottom of the page.
This is relatively simple to do with an <a href="http://www.yourwssite.ws/somepage.html">Some Page</a>tag. The simplest way is to put a table with a whole row of cells and one a href tag in each cell. You can make it more spiffy with a graphic in each cell.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 08:23:54 AM by RodB » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16
  Print  

Jump to: