March 28, 2024, 10:39:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Meta Tags  (Read 6691 times)
Callie C

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2009, 09:12:06 AM »

Does anyone know if site builder is now saving meta tags?  I'm trying to verify my website through Google Webmaster for their bot to crawl but their verification system can't find the meta tag that I inserted and saved.

Has anyone had any success with saving meta tags in SiteBuilder?

Callie
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 09:12:30 AM by ChipSnyder » Logged
Ben S

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 06:10:37 AM »

Dont know it didnt save mine either. Sad
LisaR2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 05:14:53 AM »

Hi,

I am always learning new things and it appears that I don't know what the heck a metatag is.  What is it, how do I use one, and where do I get one?

Any help is appreciated,
Lisa Huh
David Minns

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 09:47:43 AM »

Hi,

Google doesn't need METATAGS these days. I no longer use them and I have about 30 sites with top 10 placement. If you want to be at the top of google here is the secret!

Let's take an example, you want to be #1 for the search bananas!

1. Your domain needs to contain bananas
2. Your site title needs to contain bananas
3. Your site body needs to contain bananas
4. Your page url needs to contain bananas (i.e. bananas.html)

These are the 4 building blocks.

This is only the start. You then need some Google page rank. Install the Google toolbar and you can see the rank of sites you visit. You get rank by having people linking to your site from other sites.

Search for your ideal phrase and then look at the rank of the top 10 sites.

If they are 1,2 or 3 then you stand a chance to get to the top. You will need about 100 to 200 external links into your site for this.
If they are 4 or 5 then you will need about 1000 to 2000 external links into your site.
If they are 6,7,8,9,10 give up on that phrase!

The key to links is quality content. If you site has good content it will spread like wildfire.

That's enough from me, I'm not giving all my secrets away!

Regards,

David

Ask me for my free PDF GDI sales guide. 29 pages of ideas that helped me grow a good downline. Or click on my name above my photo to get the file now.
K_Jones1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 08:35:33 PM »

I am trying to verify authenticity of my website on adsense and I have know idea where I need to put the meta tag or the HTML file. Can somebody please help me?
C Mark1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 02:56:21 AM »

Hi every one could some one please tell me in simple language how i add this alexa meta tag into my home page  HTML
I have to add alexa meta Meta tags go between the opening <head> tag and the closing </head> tag of the HTML i am not to good a html codes and i cant seem to get into my home page html i can view it but cannot add to it .
so hope fully some kind person would help me with this
please tell me how do i access my html code on my GDI website which is built using GDI website builder and where is the best place for me to put this meta tag is it opening <head>put meta tag here or do i have to put it into a exact place.
thanks
mark croucher
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: