April 30, 2024, 10:19:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: What kinds of people are you targeting the most and getting the most sign-ups on?
Stay At Home Parents
Network Marketers
Friends
Relatives
People w/ Hosting Needs
Businesses
Other - Please specify in a post

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12
  Print  
Author Topic: Targeting YOUR GDI Sign-Ups  (Read 131235 times)
DPro

Internet Marketer & Search Expert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: June 27, 2008, 12:15:09 PM »

I found that one of the best ways to find targetted sign ups is through social bookmarking, social networking and blog communities.
The sites that are particularly effective are :
1) stumble upon
2) facebook
3) mybloglog (community of bloggers)

Some of my team members also spend time in forums such dreamteammoney and moneymakers
Quite a lot of time is needed there but you could get like 100+ downlines if you post regularly at those forums because there are many
business opportunity seekers there.

Want to install a blog for your GDI domain name?
Send me a private message to get help
SWilkerson

"Knowledge is Power"

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 14, 2008, 04:36:17 AM »

HELLO EVERYBODY, I'M STILL NEW TO GDI, I THINK THIS IS MY 3RD OR 4TH WEEK. I'VE COME TO LOVE THE FORUM. THE EDUCATIONAL BENEFITS ARE AS VALUEABLE AS A COLLEDGE EDUCATION. I'M A FULL TIME STUDENT AND A WEEKEND FATHER TO MY 4 YR OLD. I'M TRYING TO LAND A 3RD SHIFT JOB.

I DID FIND SOME BUSINESS CARDS AT A LOW COST THAT I GOT TO DESIGN MYSELF. I'M STILL IN THE PROCESS OF PLACING THEM. I'VE BEEN PUTTING THEM INSIDE MAGAZINES AT THE MAGAZINE RACKS AT GROCERY STORES, GAS STATIONS, DEPT. STORES, ETC. I JUST GOT THEM SO NO RESPONSE AS OF YET.

I'VE GOTTEN 14 TOTAL HITS SO FAR USEING FREE ADVERTISING AND A SMALL COST AD ROTATOR($5/MONTH). I'M STILL WAITING FOR THAT 1ST SIGN UP.  WITH NO MONEY FOR GAS, IT'S HARD TO GET OUT AND RUN THE ROADS. BUT I TRY TO DO IT WITHIN MY NATURAL DRIVING CIRCLE.

I BELIEVE IN GDI STRONGLY. I KNOW THAT GDI HAS BEEN IN BUSINESS A LOT LONGER THAN ANY OF THESE SO CALLED BIG DOGS CLAIMING TO HAVE THE KEYS TO PARADISE. SO HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE GOTTEN RICH OVERNIGHT? HOW ABOUT WITHIN A WEEK?  THERE ARE SO MANY PEOPLE LINING UP FOR THE SLAUGHTER. I WISH WE COULD GET TO THEM 1ST BEFORE ALL THE BOGUS CON ARTIST EAT THEIR LUNCH FOR THEM BECAUSE GDI IS A LEGITAMIT BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY. I WAS EXPLAINING THIS TO MY FREIND WHEN HE SAW IT AS A PYRAMID SCHEME. I QUICKLY SET HIM STRAIGHT ABOUT THE DIFFERENCES BECAUSE GDI HAS REAL PRODUCTS/SERVICES APART FROM BEING IN BUSINESS FOR SO LONG( IS IT 7 OR 11 YEARS NOW?) GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!      ------------STACY 
Gordon Milton

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 23, 2008, 02:50:09 AM »

I firmly believe in the "Monkey see, Monkey do!" philosophy.

I have moved across the oceans and live in a completely new
country, so I am a little short on warm list candidates. As a
result I am focusing on local newspaper linage ads in the
part-time general vacancies.

From the response, I look for people who are prepared to work
their warm market. I then work the 3 x 2 system. That means I
work their (call him Alfi) list until I have found 3 members for
Alfi.

Once I have found the first member (call them Barbara). Barbara
must be a person who is prepared to work their warm market. I
start working with that Barbara and help her find 3 people. In
the mean-time I am helping Alfi to get his remaining 2nd and 3rd
members.

It is Alfi's responsibility to use what has learnt from me, to
help his 2nd and any subsequent members to get 3 members each.

Working with Barbara, when we find Barbara's first member (call
him Charlie), I start working with Charlie to find his 3
members.

In this way I am driving the leg in depth. I continue to drive
the leg in depth until there are 3 times as many people being
sponsored into that leg each month, than I am personally able to
bring in, working at whatever level I happen to be at,
currently.

This is not the best way, for some to build their GDI group, but
it suits me.

I am not a salesman, marketer, or promoter. I have tried online
tactics that I have taken several years to learn, and I've had a
little success, here and there.

The problem is, that most of the people that I have introduced
have been completely clueless about Network Marketing online,
and what is worse, either they don't want to learn or it's going
to take years, as it did with me.

Most of you, of age 20+, know at least 150 people who, when you
called them, would recognize you immediately you mention your
name. That's 150 candidates that you don't have to advertise
for. How long would it take to make a list of their names and
telephone numbers - 2 hours - less?

Some people have mentioned not wanting to "pester" their family
and friends. Does asking them four questions constitute
"pestering"? I don't think so.

Here's two examples (FROG stands for a contact from Friends,
Relatives, Organizations, Geographical).

You: " Would you be interested in a way to make some extra money
without it interfering with what you currently do?
FROG: "No, thanks!"
You: "No problem - speak to you soon. Bye"
==========
OR

You: " Would you be interested in a way to make some extra money
without it interfering with you currently do?
FROG: "Could be. What is it?"
You: "Got a pen? Go and watch this 6 minute movie. Here's the
web site! Let's talk tomorrow."

When you follow up:

You: "Have you watched the movie?"
FROG: "Not yet."
You: "Watch it tonight and I'll call you tomorrow"

OR

You: "Have you watched the movie?"
FROG: "Yes!"
You: "Is it of interest to you?"

If they say they are not interested. Don't phone them again
except for non-business matters.

In my view, that's not "pestering"

I hope this helps,

Gordon
Gordon Milton

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 24, 2008, 08:03:15 PM »

HELLO EVERYBODY, I'M STILL NEW TO GDI, I THINK THIS IS MY 3RD OR 4TH WEEK. I'VE COME TO LOVE THE FORUM. THE EDUCATIONAL BENEFITS ARE AS VALUEABLE AS A COLLEDGE EDUCATION. I'M A FULL TIME STUDENT AND A WEEKEND FATHER TO MY 4 YR OLD. I'M TRYING TO LAND A 3RD SHIFT JOB.

I DID FIND SOME BUSINESS CARDS AT A LOW COST THAT I GOT TO DESIGN MYSELF. I'M STILL IN THE PROCESS OF PLACING THEM. I'VE BEEN PUTTING THEM INSIDE MAGAZINES AT THE MAGAZINE RACKS AT GROCERY STORES, GAS STATIONS, DEPT. STORES, ETC. I JUST GOT THEM SO NO RESPONSE AS OF YET.

I'VE GOTTEN 14 TOTAL HITS SO FAR USEING FREE ADVERTISING AND A SMALL COST AD ROTATOR($5/MONTH). I'M STILL WAITING FOR THAT 1ST SIGN UP.  WITH NO MONEY FOR GAS, IT'S HARD TO GET OUT AND RUN THE ROADS. BUT I TRY TO DO IT WITHIN MY NATURAL DRIVING CIRCLE.

I BELIEVE IN GDI STRONGLY. I KNOW THAT GDI HAS BEEN IN BUSINESS A LOT LONGER THAN ANY OF THESE SO CALLED BIG DOGS CLAIMING TO HAVE THE KEYS TO PARADISE. SO HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE GOTTEN RICH OVERNIGHT? HOW ABOUT WITHIN A WEEK?  THERE ARE SO MANY PEOPLE LINING UP FOR THE SLAUGHTER. I WISH WE COULD GET TO THEM 1ST BEFORE ALL THE BOGUS CON ARTIST EAT THEIR LUNCH FOR THEM BECAUSE GDI IS A LEGITAMIT BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY. I WAS EXPLAINING THIS TO MY FREIND WHEN HE SAW IT AS A PYRAMID SCHEME. I QUICKLY SET HIM STRAIGHT ABOUT THE DIFFERENCES BECAUSE GDI HAS REAL PRODUCTS/SERVICES APART FROM BEING IN BUSINESS FOR SO LONG( IS IT 7 OR 11 YEARS NOW?) GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!      ------------STACY 

Hi Stacy,

I appreciate your enthusiasm. Just keep doing what you are doing until you
discover a better way of doing it.

Just one minor point. Could you please use normal type, rather than all CAPS.
All CAPS is more difficult to read and in forum posts, is also indicating that you
are shouting or yelling or angry.

Hope this helps,

Gordon
LoganW

It's All Just Baby Steps...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: August 18, 2008, 09:05:18 AM »

I do this as well. I've mostly been doing off line promotion. The kids at the fast food joints seem like good prospects... I leave one with the person who takes the money at the drive thru and one to the person who actually gives my order to me. I just ask them if they don't mind if I teach them to earn an extra income...then I direct them to the number on the card and whether they're interested or not, I would appreciate an email if they have any questions. I also mention I will be helping them all the way.

I like this! It's been helping me actually talk to more people, than I would normally.

sounds like good therapy to me? what do you think?

Good job everyone! I look forward to hearing from everyone.

Here's another tip... download the training manuel for GDI Success! Then you can join the Success Club With Bram Smith and the other big dogs!

I WILL HELP YOU, GROW YOUR BUSINESS!

-Logan Wandell

I still do this...and it works!Just need to promote the right business to them.

Recently, I went to a local restaurant that didn't have a website, and gave the OWNER a GDI DVD! He seemed very thankful, he is eager to get one up, he just needs someone to build the site for him...with menus and everything! Just hopes he uses the .WS ending!

Logan Wandell
Wills Point, TX

The first step to success is building on a budget, whether its your time or financially. If YOU *FAIL* to plan, YOU *PLAN* to fail!
Michael_Harris

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 10, 2008, 09:16:43 AM »

Hello all.  I realitively new to GDI  (around July) and this is my first time in the Forum.  I've found that those I know that can succeed in the business is somewhat reluctant and still sit on the procrastination bus.  I still looking for a sure-fire way to get this business going on a consistent basis. 
DPro

Internet Marketer & Search Expert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: October 11, 2008, 02:17:08 PM »

Hello all.  I realitively new to GDI  (around July) and this is my first time in the Forum.  I've found that those I know that can succeed in the business is somewhat reluctant and still sit on the procrastination bus.  I still looking for a sure-fire way to get this business going on a consistent basis. 

Hi Michael,

There is no 1 sure-fire way to succeed, generally you will need a marketing system (especially if you are promoting online) and leadership (yourself or your downline)
to jumpstart.
Consistent effort is important too, so procrastination is definitely a no no.
Why not start apply some of techniques described in the forum here (at the "marketing section).
There are many ideas on what works for different people, just adopt a few that suits you.

Personally, I use :
-a downline builder
-autoresponder with landing pages
-traffic exchanges
-blog

Want to install a blog for your GDI domain name?
Send me a private message to get help
R_Laura

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 11, 2008, 03:41:14 PM »

You guys are making me feel really good about joining, I live in a smaller town but with larger cities about 15minutes to 1hour away. I will be working on making business cards to place everywhere. I think I will target people like myself a mom who is thinking about in another 1 1/2 my son will be in college and will be needing some help. Highschool students, college students community centers, dentists offices, clinics every where is a great place to leave off some cards. It worked for my dog grooming and I know it will work for gdi. Business cards are the way to go. Keep all of those positive ideas coming we will all succeed! Cheesy
P.S. only been here for about 2 weeks so I still don't know exactly the people that have checked out my site. I will let you know as soon as I start having people in my downline, can't wait!
RobLovett

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 18, 2008, 03:26:15 AM »

Hi Kyra...My name is Rob Lovett.  I have just joined GDI today 11-13-08.  I started sending out e-mails to my Network marketing contacts and right off the start I had one of them sign up.

Im brand new to the system but it seems to have lots of promise and the system...the operational model...seems as it should be an easy one to work.
I would appreciate any tips from you as you have been in a bit longer than I.

I am also proably going to do some web 2.0 marketing over the social networking siites.

Best Regards.

Rob
JenniferFiore

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 19, 2008, 06:26:07 AM »

I seem to be getting alot of ad replys..I send the group invite, but no luck with any of them signing up. Any tips?
AmyBlack

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 19, 2008, 03:09:39 PM »

I've been with GDI for about three or four weeks now and I'm doing okay. When I look at the leader boards, I see people that are getting anywhere from 25 to over 100 new affiliates each week. I'm just curious, does anyone know the techniques that these individuals are using to achieve such a high level of recruiting success? Any suggestions would be welcomed! Thank you Smiley
Matthew_S

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 10, 2008, 07:20:23 AM »

Recently I had a new recruit who was very eager to set up a website to promote his music. I explained how GDI could help him establish his own place on the Internet and make a little money in the process. I also took an interest in his web-building and music, as these are two areas that interest me anyway. On discussing the possibilities (via e-mail) the lead decided he would like to join and said he would sign up Monday (yesterday).

As yet he hasn't taken up the free trial, which is dissapointing but hey. Now, my question is this. What is the best approach to take in this situation? I have already given him all the information he needs, and my original reaction was to drop him an e-mail today just to ask how the web design is going. But I don't want to seem pushy, or go in for the hard sell. There are plenty of reasons he may not have signed up yesterday and I don't want to pressure him now, and lose him. So perhaps I should wait, and possibly let the lead go cold by lack of action.

I suspect this is a situation that most experienceds MLMers have experienced and I just wondered how you deal with it? Anyway advice would be much appreciated.
JoeF

CLICK Globe Below to Visit my GDI Training Blog!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: December 10, 2008, 07:47:48 AM »

Hi Matthew,

Been there, done that!

If you want real MLM training, go to my site (link on the left) and look on the right sidebar for 'My Favourite FREE Podcasts!'

Click on 'MLM Radio Show'

While your at my site, check out how my YouTube strategy could help you and your musician prospect out by helping him get more exposure for his music!

FREE GDI AFFILIATE TRAINING SITE!
• Get step-by-step instructions
• Copy & Paste ease
• FREE regardless of your upline

Stop Struggling in GDI and Start doing  'GDI the Smart Way!'
Reynaldo Aldaz

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 12, 2008, 08:10:32 PM »

this is my firt day and have sent 39 invitations vie e.mail, i am in mexico, and sent invitations to university students from monterrey nuevo leon, i believe un this! let´s do it!!! thanks.
Rey
SusieP

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 15, 2008, 06:54:44 AM »

Welcome to GDI and your first day!!!

The University's are a great place  -  I have a brother/sister team that are doing really well in FL!

Good luck to you! 

I have been an affilate for about two months, and this is the first time that I have spent any time in the forum  -  I will definatly be back  -  there is some really great information.

Susie
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12
  Print  

Jump to: