March 28, 2024, 12:48:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: .WS is a 21st Century Fundraiser, long-term...  (Read 57202 times)
ChadGill

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2005, 01:31:33 PM »

I like it!! Definetely a fresh idea! Very nice! Boy I can see a tremendous downline building from one PTA signup!!
Kurt Tasche

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2005, 05:08:25 AM »

I've been working on using fund raising as well, but have had no luck so far.  Does anyone have a sample email that they use when contacting orgs?

6 Guaranteed GDI Signups!
We advertise your GDI referral link until you have 6 direct signups.  Then, we do the same for your downline!!
BarbaraBusby

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2005, 09:07:00 AM »

I am confused as usual how would the fundraising work and benefit my business?  I am obviously a real novice looking for direction.  Please help.
ThomasBrown

I'm a Junior Senior

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2005, 02:38:37 AM »

I hate to throw a wet blanket on this discussion but I was wondering if maybe this might nullify their non-profit status if they did this business.

Anyone checked this out yet?

Tom

Thomas W. Brown
MarvinD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2005, 05:01:42 PM »

Barbara and Tom,

Let me see if I can help.

For a non profit organization to raise funds they usually do so through auctions, photo shoots, candy sales, cookie sales, and other means to generate cash through the sale of a product that people conceive have a value.

If they choose to offer a program like GDI then people can get the benefits offered through the use of our product whether for personal or business reasons BUT with one main difference.  They would be setting themselves up for repeating contributions (commissions) which would be like having a cookie sale every month.  Therefore over the long haul they win because they save time and effort in pllanning for the next event to raise funds.  Note that since they receive money through several (5) levels of participation in our program they are receiving "donations" from people they may otherwise never have been able to reach.

As for the legal issue, I am not a lawyer or profess to be one but when I was in the MLM nutrition business we had a minister who used his leveraged downline as an ongoing way to guarantee money to his ministry.  He eventually developed an income of over $5000 per month of which 90% was used for the "Fund Raising" effort of the church.

Hope this answers some of your questions and give you something to think about in helping grow your business.  Just think; you would be helping a Non Profit Organization get what they want (Money for their cause or causes) and in so doing you would get what you want - a substantilal income.

Your Partner In Success,
Marvin Drobes

Teaching, Coaching & Mentoring individuals how to earn full-time incomes working from the comfort of their home.
gdi
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2005, 05:03:50 PM »

Well stated, Marvin!

Chip
Leon Aldrich

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2006, 04:43:59 AM »

A key element, is to have YOUR site up and potentially a 2nd site templated to be an example.  Or have YOUR site with a few concept pages of examples.  And promote your link initially.  Have a solid email, concise enough to pull them in.  Though I still think asking someone these two simple questions is strong sales technique w/out coming across as pushy: 1) Have you ever thought of having your own website? 2) Is 10.00 alot of money?   

Something I'm missing now, but will fix once my site is completely ready would be to have a duplicatable site with a tutorial on how to tweak it for new person's use.

The ferrari flyer is powerful.  As a past boyscout (almost eagle), how easy it would be for me to knock on a door, give my pitch using such a flyer.

I work in the Real Estate field as an assistant.   Literally, 100's of realtors, title company reps, inspectors (pest, roof, etc) and many other affiliates DO NOT have their own site.  Sites can be nothing more than just a RESOURCE of info.

Sincerely,

Leon Aldrich

« Last Edit: January 02, 2006, 04:44:42 AM by ChipSnyder » Logged
Linda R

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2006, 08:04:13 PM »

I have curious of the methods to use to get youth groups or other organizations or the best ws. to use
Charles Karolewski

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2006, 01:39:37 PM »

This is a very intriguing topic.

Has anyone tried, AND, as important, has anyone "discovered" any potentially "discouraging" legal aspects for, using GDI as a fundraiser?

I know of more than a handful of "struggling" parochial schools in my geographic area that I am very tempted to contact . . . .

Charlie K
KBraun

Believe in yourself

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2006, 10:43:02 PM »

How about Churches??? People usually give $10.00's every Sunday.

Hmmmmm...this would be really good...can we do this???

Kathy*

Believe in yourself
CarolaMeyer

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2006, 11:21:57 PM »

Greetings from a hot and summery Cape Town!

My church is raising funds for a major building programme and I was thinking of something along the lines of http://www.milliondollarhomepage.com/ - but selling bricks in a wall (onscreen graphic, not physical), with each brick linked to the donor's site (personal or business). Now if I go the GDI route, I'd be more than happy to sponsor the main site selling the 'bricks'.
Donors could just buy a brick for a fixed one-off donation. The brick could either have their name (unless they choose to remain anonymous) or it could link to their website. (The link or name would be on one of those mini-popups that appear when you hover a cursor over the brick - the bricks themselves could be tiny.)

And if they don't have a website? Funny you should ask ... - they can simply sign up for one and automatically support the church every month. (And me too!)

I guess the one-off bricks (without GDI site) would need to have a time limit, say 6 months or a year, so that the wall could remain a dynamic source of both income and information about members of the community and parish.  If I'm looking for a plumber or computer boffin, I'd much rather search my church's fundraising site for a suitable person than the newspaper.  And a family could buy a brick and link it to its family site, online photo album or blog - so we could all get to know each other better by browsing the fundraising wall!

I have no connection with milliondollarhomepage.com, just think it's an excellent idea that can be adapted in many ways.  I don't have the technical know-how to set this up, but no doubt it can be done. Can anyone tell me whether the 100 MB available on GDI will be enough?

Any further ideas before I approach the minister?
Scott Richards

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2006, 03:19:58 AM »

Roll Eyes
Lets share ideas and flyers rhttp://egarding fundraisers.....plenty for all
Scott Richards
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 03:20:45 AM by ChipSnyder » Logged
Linda R

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2006, 05:36:05 AM »

Smiley Thanks Kerry S. for that website for organizations. It will be great to use. Which one of the ws. websites would you use? I would the one with the car and the couple speaking. Thanks again! Linda R.
Matthew Green

"Stop thinking about it, Start doing it"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2006, 08:31:47 AM »

Hello all,

My Career, here in the U.K
I work with disadvantaged Young People in Schools, Youth Groups etc.. It's my job to......

What I actually do is irrelevant to my point.. Here in the U.K these types of Organisations do not have access to the correct payment processors, nor is it permitted to run such enterprises...  BTW I work both Public and Private Sector and it just isn't an option here.. Churches and some groups maybe, but certainly nothing to do with Under 18 would really be possible.. If it was we would Have our own YOUTH CLUB SITE.. As it stands I am not even permitted to discuss such matters with clients because it is against my Professional Code to personally profit.

I know the MIGHTY U.K have different LAWS to the U.S but I suspect many of the constraints will be the same..
Regards,

Regards,
Roux M

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2006, 12:38:17 PM »

Hi GDIers

I was reading this thread and I can imagine that organizations like churches might have a problem if one individual (you as a GDI affliate) will have financial benefits from all the members that buy into the website that you provided for them for free.  Hope I understood the idea about this correctly.  But I think with Sportsclubs you have a different situation.  I was especially thinking about gholf clubs.  Gholf clubs tend to generate the perception in a community that they are financially well off.  Therefor the idea of them generating residual income might fit them better than NPO's   

UBUNTU - The Spirit of Togetherness!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: