April 16, 2024, 12:31:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: .WS is a 21st Century Fundraiser, long-term...  (Read 57406 times)
Linda Zippo

View Profile
« on: July 05, 2005, 03:18:57 AM »

Hello...   I was just wondering if anyone has tried to build a team/ get some members.... using fund raising?   I was wondering about aproaching my local PTA and donate a site, assuming the monthly fee myself and market it as a business that would give the funds from that site to my local schools and allow the teachers & parents to possibly build a business or just to have a great product? Of course I have more to think about with this idea but was just hoping for some feedback and comments    Shocked     Is it even allowed?
StacyPerez

Me thinking as usual ..lol

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2005, 12:54:00 PM »

Linda,

It is a GREAT idea.. I have thought about targeting schools, daycares, etc..

NOW if you think about it... If a PTA or whatever decides and the ORG decides
to sign up.. can you imagine the unlimited money they can make.. OMG $1 a month
for every website.. more value than selling one candy bar at $1.. MORE uselful..

THIS could honestly be something very good!!!  What I did for my kids sites..
Kyler.ws and Angalynn.ws   IS I put the links on their sites of where they like to
go.. SAVED their website onto the computer.. SO I am controlling their online
atmosphere...

PLUS think about this.. I believe a lot of schools are teaching internet/website stuff..
I think.. this coudl be a great way for them to have something of their own... CREATE
their own identity..  USE it as a school life journal.. etc..

There is a lot of possibility where I feel an ORG would look at it as a way of helping
kids with their own websites while increasing the monthly revenue for the school..
$10/month with hundreds of families involved over years to come.. could be
very profitable to a school.

Stacy Perez

Stacy Perez
"Inspiring and Helping Parents Work From Home"
Hasnaa Zinoune

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2005, 02:07:52 PM »

Does anyone have a good sample flyer to send to schools, churches, mosques and nonprofit organization?

Thank you
StacyPerez

Me thinking as usual ..lol

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2005, 02:24:45 PM »

I don't but I think we should do some..lol
MAYBE people can create them and maybe
allow us to upload them somewhere so we
can share.. that would be an awesome idea..

I think most of us have great ideas.. and to
be able to share is a great idea..

Chip what do you think?

Stacy Perez

Stacy Perez
"Inspiring and Helping Parents Work From Home"
gdi
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2005, 02:32:41 PM »

I encourage anyone that has focused on organizations to Post their comments and methods.

Fundraising is a huge marketing opportunity, to wit, .WS offers a 21st Century product that is unique and residual.

Pizzas, cookie dough, candles, candies, etc., are one-time and need to be done over and over again.

A .WS fundraiser compounds returns so, each year, they are enhancing a long-term annuity.

Oh, the power of networking!

Chip
Gina Stone

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2005, 02:33:43 AM »

I don't mean to discourage anyone, but I have come to the conclusion from 2 orgs that I have approached, that they want the entire 10, not 10%. I'm not giving up on them though. I will visit others and hope they see the light!

By the way, non profits can put their EIN instead of a social, can't they?

Gina
GSmith

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2005, 02:33:43 AM »

Advertising Thought Regarding FR Posts Here:

Run an ad that says:

WANTED!

Three Local Area Organizations with 100 plus members to test market brand new and powerful fund raiser concept.   Potential for Great Profits paid to your organization monthly, now and for years to come!    Contact G. Smith, GDI Fund Raiser Sales Affiliate  Phone  Number

WHY "three" wanted?   Heck 300 can call me, that's okay!  But stating "three" in your ad creates an urgency, hopefully, so that some WILL CALL quickly!  They want to be one of the first three to find out more info.   

Hopeful In Texas
Linda Zippo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2005, 02:35:34 AM »

Very COOL everyone...   I think this weekends project will be working on the proposal, or at least starting it....   I was thinking about funding the monthly fee so the school has nothing to lose and everything to gain!  YES! YES!  imaging the hundreds of prosepcts...  Thanks for all the feed back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Linda Zippo

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2005, 02:35:34 AM »

Another thought was that the domain that starts the fundraising cold be a total fundraising website for the school/organization...  The pTA in my schools do the normal candy & flowers but they also do tupperware & other stuff... so it could be for all fundraising for the schools...        September can't come soon enough!  (both to get the kids back to school & to pitch my ideas   Roll Eyes  )
Hasnaa Zinoune

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2005, 05:49:57 PM »

Hi Linda,

Are you thinking about building a fund raising website for the school and offer it to them with the subscription? That would be a great idea. I was thinking aboutoffering them 3 prepaid months.
that's only going to cost me  $27 and I think it's enough time to get a good number of refferals.
Any other suggestions??
KerryS

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2005, 02:55:32 PM »

If you go to this link http://www.melissadata.com/Lookups/np.asp
and put in your zip code you can find all the non-profit org's in your zip code area.
You may have to sign up with MelissaData first but it is free.

I plan on sending out letters next week!

Hope this helps.
Kerry
JNapier

Living by Faith! One day at a time!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2005, 03:15:05 AM »

I am really excited about utilizing all the ideas you have all shared here. Thanks to each one of you.
I hope you will each share your results as well.

All my best,
Norma  Shocked

Living by Faith,
one day at a time!
Nina Cleveland

Just Believe in yourself & dreams will come tru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2005, 08:17:05 PM »

IT'S FUNNY YOU MENTION FUNDRAISER, THAT WAS THE FIRST THING THAT POPPED IN MY HEAD, WHEN I HAVE JOIN GDI. BECAUSE I  DO FUNDRAISING FOR ANOTHER COMPANY . ACTUALLY I HAVE CALLED MY FUNDRAISER THE "THE ULTIMATE  FUNDRAISER". I HAVE  CONTACTED A FEW ORGANIZATIONS, BUT THEY SEEMED THAT IS NOT RIGHT FOR THEM DOING A FUNDRAISER ON THE INTERNET. I STILL HAVE TO WORK WITH  THESE PEOPLE A LITTLE MORE. TO CONVINCE THEM, THAT THIS IS ACTUALLY THE MOST EASIEST FUNDRAISER THEY WILL EVER HAVE TO DO.

TAKE CARE AND DON'T GIVE UP.
gdi
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2005, 02:12:20 PM »

.WS=WebSite provides an incredible 21st Century Fundraising format.

Forget the pizzas, cookie dough, candies, etc., where the organization
has to go back year after year. Let's educate the WORLD on how one
sale=automatic renewal, for life.

I note a thread on Fundraising ideas which I have merged above this Post
and NOW, request everyone POST, not only ideas but, their ACTION steps.

Whether it is Fraternal, Church, Sports, Civic, Association and on & on...
any group that is Member-based is a natural for .WS.

Let's make WebSites, which offer so much more, the next generation to basic email.

Chip

« Last Edit: November 13, 2005, 02:16:43 PM by ChipSnyder » Logged
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2005, 10:06:06 PM »

Yup this is a good idea and should work well. The residual income aspect is a big bonus.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: