March 29, 2024, 05:30:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: SEO: SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION  (Read 38293 times)
Nicole Taylor

Welcome to Talk.ws!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2006, 08:37:54 AM »

Hi everybody, could you help me to make my site "visible" to search engines ? When I google for my keywords, my site isn't found. Please help me. My site is http://origamigifts.ws (still under construction)
Regards, Andy.

Hello Andy,

The reason why you're unable to find your Website listed in Google is because there are millions of Websites competing for the same exact keyword phrases as you. These sites simply rank higher than yours because they keep up with Search Engine Optimization: have more relevant search terms in their content as well as many inbound links pointing to their Website.

Nicole

I make a good income right from home while I am drinking Starbucks and eating my cinnamon crumb cake.
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2006, 09:36:14 AM »

Andy,

There are lots of other reasons as well. In particular I note you saying your site is under construction. It takes a good few weeks to get into google so you need to finish your site so google has a finished site to assess.
DonVirden

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2006, 07:09:27 AM »

I am actaully an seo guy for many years I am seeing ALOT of bad info on this subject. For one don't ever pay for inclusion and it takes 3 days to get into google if you do it right. As far as meta tags don't use 100 keywords lol that does nothing. What you HAVE to do is build a page around a keyword without it sounding spammy at all. And for all of you new or misinformed with seo it doesn't really matter what you have in your meta tags or even on your page for that matter. The true key to seo is offsite optimization. As in if you want to target lets say global domains international alot of people for some crazy reason try and spam gdi within their pages and their meta tags. This does nothing BUT if you get alot of high page rank web pages linking to your page with the link text of global domains international that will earn you credit and improve your ranking.

Don't ever pay for seo ever and if you have questions just ask. SEO is very easy once you understand the REAL rules to it. Also keyword tags are only used by 10% or less of search engines so it is almost pointless to even put it in there. The only search engine worth optimizating for google and they have a year long sandbox on all new sites. Which makes it very hard to get included but I have a trick to get it done fast. I get my sites listed in about 1-2 days. Also I am mainly on the 1-3 position of whatever keywords i am optimizing for.

All of you who are reading this thread please dont listen to everything on here as most is incorrect and will actually affect your optimization in a bad way.
Nicole Taylor

Welcome to Talk.ws!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2006, 10:08:38 AM »

I am actaully an seo guy for many years I am seeing ALOT of bad info on this subject. For one don't ever pay for inclusion and it takes 3 days to get into google if you do it right. As far as meta tags don't use 100 keywords lol that does nothing. What you HAVE to do is build a page around a keyword without it sounding spammy at all. And for all of you new or misinformed with seo it doesn't really matter what you have in your meta tags or even on your page for that matter. The true key to seo is offsite optimization. As in if you want to target lets say global domains international alot of people for some crazy reason try and spam gdi within their pages and their meta tags. This does nothing BUT if you get alot of high page rank web pages linking to your page with the link text of global domains international that will earn you credit and improve your ranking.

Don't ever pay for seo ever and if you have questions just ask. SEO is very easy once you understand the REAL rules to it. Also keyword tags are only used by 10% or less of search engines so it is almost pointless to even put it in there. The only search engine worth optimizating for google and they have a year long sandbox on all new sites. Which makes it very hard to get included but I have a trick to get it done fast. I get my sites listed in about 1-2 days. Also I am mainly on the 1-3 position of whatever keywords i am optimizing for.

All of you who are reading this thread please dont listen to everything on here as most is incorrect and will actually affect your optimization in a bad way.

Hello Don,

So.. what is your trick? How exactly are you getting listed under MAJOR keywords that compete with millions of other Websites in as little as 1-3 days? Or, are you choosing keywords that are not as popular?

Yes, it is easy to get listed fast in Google. All you have to do is submit an article about the subject of your Website and include your URL at the bottom of the article, and then submit to article directories. Also, if you're able to get a PR7 Web page to link to you then your site will more than likely be listed in 24 hours.

You're correct about offline optimization being the "true key" but it is also a good idea to onpage optimize as well.

Nicole
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 10:27:20 AM by Nicole Taylor » Logged

I make a good income right from home while I am drinking Starbucks and eating my cinnamon crumb cake.
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2006, 12:51:07 AM »

You're correct about offline optimization being the "true key" but it is also a good idea to onpage optimize as well.

Nicole

100% Correct Smiley
DonVirden

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2006, 01:44:41 PM »

This is something that I have been doing for awhile and have gotten the hang of it I suppose. A pr7 of course will get you there but getting a link that is related to your subject and on a pr7 is pretty non existant to say the least. There are many methods that I do use but I was just trying to let people know not to focu so much on what they cram in their page. Write your website so it reads very well and gets all the points across that you are wanting to get across. Do not write a great page then figure ways to cram home based business, and gdi into it. It always works best to write for humans as the robots these days are getting better at seeing if you are keyword cramming. I wrote a tutorial on seo awhile back and I will see if I have it and post it up somewhere or at least a link to it. This will help others be able to get the hang of it and market their website better.

One great note though is watch out who has your link on their page. Having bad linking partners is a big downer as far as search engines go. Never exchange links with anyone with a pr0 simply because they are either new or they are on their way to getting grayed out and banned. Keep up on that. There are alot of great tools online that are free to use to help you with this problem which I can email links to people if they would like the information.

WatersA

Take That Step

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2006, 10:11:57 AM »

Not clear on some of the things Don is speaking about Huh

1How do you know who has your link on their page?

2 Are you able to pick who you link to?

3 What is a pr0 link?

4 What free tools on line can help with these problems?

Ms.Waters

Success Is What You Make Of It!
James Jenkins

Failure only happens when you give up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2007, 01:41:25 PM »

This is for everyone using SiteBuilder,

I highly recommend that you start a Google account. It allows you access to many of their services like, blogger, adwords, etc. There is also a webmasters section. Much good, but general, information. However, to use many of their webmaster tools you are required to register your website main domain name (i.e. http//yoursite.ws/).

They then provide you an html snipet to add to your site so they can validate you are the owner.

This is a problem for those using the sitebuilder to create a website. But, I have discovered a workaround!

In your additional properties (where the meta tags & discription are added) for your home page, in the meta description block, modify the code google gave you, as follows:

This is your meta description for your site. It is in plain english, or your language of choice."/>
<meta name="verify-v1" content="qIg3D8eXuuVVIl7p2JnLzEw8PQYcGbJ8W1ujPLJv+1g=" /><

Just change the above code with what Google provides you. It's just a slight change to the end of your description and the end of the code.

I don't know if it is my imagination or not, but registering my site seemed to get it indexed in just a few days, AND updates I make to it seem to be spydered in about 24-48 hours. Maybe it would have happened anyway, but can't hurt to let Google know you're there.

I'm still working on a sitemap that Google will recognize as valid. Anyone got suggestions on how to do that? Remember, this is using GDI sitebuilder.

Thanks All,

James Jenkins, Biznetist
Making life a little easier for the home business owner.
OlivierT

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2007, 03:07:47 AM »

Hi everybody  Smiley I would know how do to put a file google sitemaps using the GDI sitebuilder? I try introduce the code but it's not run  Lips Sealed

Thanks for your reponse
DPro

Internet Marketer & Search Expert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2007, 06:17:25 AM »

You can add a simple sitemap using text file.
See the details here:
http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=34657

As this requires you to upload a text file, I am afraid you can't do it with the GDI site builder.
If anyone knows how to create sitemap using the GDI sitebuilder, I would love to learn it.

Want to install a blog for your GDI domain name?
Send me a private message to get help
OlivierT

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2007, 03:46:50 AM »

It's possible upload a text file with the GDI site builder Smiley but is there someone successfull upload a HTML file?  Undecided
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2007, 04:50:57 AM »

It's possible upload a text file with the GDI site builder Smiley but is there someone successfull upload a HTML file?  Undecided

Maybe I am missing something but you should be able to just copy and paste the text  Huh
DPro

Internet Marketer & Search Expert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2007, 10:59:36 AM »

There is no need to upload HTML file if using sitebuilder, just type in the text in the sitebuilder, and once the page is published you will have the html page (.html)
However if it's a text file (extension of file is .txt), don't we need to use ftp to upload it?
If we choose the hosting option, then we will be able to ftp a text file, but the sitebuilder option will be disabled as a result.

Maybe I am missing something but you should be able to just copy and paste the text  Huh

Want to install a blog for your GDI domain name?
Send me a private message to get help
D Davidson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2007, 04:28:16 AM »

Thank you, thank you, thank you.  I've been trying to get this figured out for more than a week.  I did this and it worked!!!!

This is for everyone using SiteBuilder,

I highly recommend that you start a Google account. It allows you access to many of their services like, blogger, adwords, etc. There is also a webmasters section. Much good, but general, information. However, to use many of their webmaster tools you are required to register your website main domain name (i.e. http//yoursite.ws/).

They then provide you an html snipet to add to your site so they can validate you are the owner.

This is a problem for those using the sitebuilder to create a website. But, I have discovered a workaround!

In your additional properties (where the meta tags & discription are added) for your home page, in the meta description block, modify the code google gave you, as follows:

This is your meta description for your site. It is in plain english, or your language of choice."/>
<meta name="verify-v1" content="qIg3D8eXuuVVIl7p2JnLzEw8PQYcGbJ8W1ujPLJv+1g=" /><

Just change the above code with what Google provides you. It's just a slight change to the end of your description and the end of the code.

I don't know if it is my imagination or not, but registering my site seemed to get it indexed in just a few days, AND updates I make to it seem to be spydered in about 24-48 hours. Maybe it would have happened anyway, but can't hurt to let Google know you're there.

I'm still working on a sitemap that Google will recognize as valid. Anyone got suggestions on how to do that? Remember, this is using GDI sitebuilder.

Thanks All,
NickHall

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2008, 01:32:01 PM »

Hi guys,

just wondering if anyone knows how i can track hits/visits etc to my .ws site. By that i dont mean hits to my affiliate link but the actual website that i've built. I've routed through the options in the members area but cant seem to find anything. Also what kind of bandwidth usage is available?

thanks
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: