May 09, 2024, 03:51:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 144
  Print  
Author Topic: Share Your Website...Part 1!  (Read 1030614 times)
JDTutterow

Groovy - Now gimme some sugar, baby.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #675 on: September 07, 2005, 10:03:48 AM »

Hi Jennifer -

For some reason, it's scary to build (and go public with) your first website. At least for me it was -

Some suggestions -

1. Use one of your GDI e-mail addresses as your contact address, if possible. As it has been stated on the
forum before, show visitors you're actually using the product you want them to purchase. Maybe something
like info@learnhowtoearn.ws or contact_jen@learnhowtoearn.ws .

2. I like your "testimony" about online marketing - but some of the text looks long, and this might
discourage a visitor from reading what you want to tell them. Try to break it up into paragrahs,
with a space between each paragraph.
(To create a space, type <p> in the html code of your section at the end of the paragraph.)

3. On the "Great Tips" page, the text seems really large - it looks to be a 4 or 5 in Site Builder. It's
kinda hard on my eyes to read it, but that may be just me -

Come to think of it, I am due for an eye exam...   Tongue

Great first site!

JD Tutterow
« Last Edit: September 07, 2005, 10:04:10 AM by ChipSnyder » Logged

JD Tutterow

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
Abraham Lincoln
JeremiahB

Jeremy B.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #676 on: September 08, 2005, 03:14:55 AM »

It has taken me a while to put this website together, but I'm very excited about it and GDI in general!!!
I WILL USE GDI TO HOST MY SITE ASAP!! - Please don't comment on the fact that my .ws site forwards to a .com (yikes - what a faux pas!)  I'm sure it won't take me long to make this change - I just wanted to show people my completed site, as-is.

Anyway (here goes nothing) my site is:
http://www.JeremyButts.ws

The best opportunities might not appear at the best time - be ready.
Roxanne G

View Profile WWW
« Reply #677 on: September 08, 2005, 05:19:42 AM »

I love it!!!!  I actually got lost in there for a few minutes - LOL.  Lots of great info and interesting links.  Your wife is beautiful, BTW.  Love the pics of the "kids".  You have the personal touch, but very professional at the same time.  I think you have captured exactly what you were looking for.

Grin

Have a great day, after all, today is the first day of the rest of your life!!

Roxanne
KimB

We are here smiling with GDI!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #678 on: September 08, 2005, 08:47:31 AM »

That is an awesome site! You did a great job in creating that!

Good luck with all your ventures!

Rick and Kim

Teamwork is the key! Let's everybody work as a team!
BruceC

View Profile
« Reply #679 on: September 08, 2005, 10:07:32 AM »

http://www.no-slipping.ws

question:   how do I replace the numbered pages with a title for each page  ( currently listed on the left side of my home page?

Bruce
JeremiahB

Jeremy B.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #680 on: September 08, 2005, 10:07:32 AM »

I actually got lost in there for a few minutes - LOL.  Lots of great info and interesting links.

Do you think there are too many places to go?  From a business perspective - is it too easy to lose people who are potential GDI prospects? one improvement - I'm planning to add links from each page of my real estate page back to my GDI page.

The best opportunities might not appear at the best time - be ready.
T_GDI

Leave No One Behind!

View Profile
« Reply #681 on: September 08, 2005, 10:10:18 AM »

Hi all Smiley

This is the site we have recently designed to advertise GDI and to also capture information.

www.workfromhomeuk.ws

Many of our team members like it and we have created copies for them to use and encorporated their autoresponder etc.

If anyone else would like info on getting a copy for their GDI domain, please contact us.

Yours

Michelle and Amanda
TMC Team GDI
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 10:11:24 AM by ChipSnyder » Logged
JDTutterow

Groovy - Now gimme some sugar, baby.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #682 on: September 08, 2005, 10:28:23 AM »

Hi Bruce -

To make your web link clickable in the forum, just type in

http://no-slipping.ws

You do not need to use the http:// tags.

I like the colors/background you chose -

To replace the page numbers with names, select "Properties" in the Site Builder,
beside the page you want to name. Type in the name you want in the "Link Name" blank.
Hit "Submit" and then "Publish". Your new page name should show up.

JD    Cool

JD Tutterow

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
Abraham Lincoln
mack88
« Reply #683 on: September 08, 2005, 10:38:51 AM »

Michelle and Amanda!

That is GREAT!  An outstanding job the both of you have done!  Keep up the great work!

Frank
mack88
« Reply #684 on: September 08, 2005, 10:42:51 AM »

Outstanding Bruce!  You did an excellent job at putting your site together!  JD mentioned the corrections that I saw...no need in repeating them!  All the best to you!

Frank

p.s.  You should have no problem recruiting others or offering GDI domain names and hosting to your business partners throughout Vancouver, by showing your presence on the net!  Keep up the great work.
mack88
« Reply #685 on: September 08, 2005, 10:47:42 AM »

Nice job Jeremy!  I do not think that there are too many place to go.  Just make certain that there is a clear path back to where your visitors came from or where you would like your visitor to go next.  Excellent layout.  You will do very well!  To your success!

Frank

p.s.  I look forward to seeing it hosted by GDI...oops I commented on it...LOL
Roxanne G

View Profile WWW
« Reply #686 on: September 08, 2005, 11:11:06 AM »

Do you think there are too many places to go? 

I don't know the html code for it offhand, but maybe if each link that is NOT linked back to your page opened in a new window, that would be good.  I know I usually just right click an open in a new window so I can always find my way back to the original page. 

No I don't think there are too many places to go.  Just a lot of great info and links.

Have a great day, after all, today is the first day of the rest of your life!!

Roxanne
ColleenT

My reasons for staying home are obvious!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #687 on: September 08, 2005, 12:55:31 PM »

Jeremy,

Your site is fantastic! I have been trying for over a week now to come up with a good idea for my website, yet everyone else just seems to make it happen. Guess I better put on my thinking cap.

P.S. I love the "kids".

ColleenT

The secret of success in life: Prepare for opportunity when it comes.(Benjamin Disraeli)

Greatest "shot in the arm":...Encouragement
Two most power-filled words:...."I Can"
Most contagious spirit:...Enthusiasm
BruceC

View Profile
« Reply #688 on: September 08, 2005, 12:55:31 PM »

JD and Frank,    thank you both for taking a look and for your comments and suggestions.  My intention is to show other small business owner/operators that they too can have a presence on the web for as little as $10/month ( Then hopefully they will tell others)

P.S. Was thinking...for me it might not be too difficult to require more than 10 pages...

Best to all and let's mke this happen!

Bruce
AndrewHayes

View Profile
« Reply #689 on: September 09, 2005, 03:01:09 AM »

JUST added some new things!
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 144
  Print  

Jump to: