April 26, 2024, 11:58:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What Are "Opt-in" and "Double Opt-in" Leads?  (Read 7120 times)
Jared B

View Profile
« on: March 01, 2007, 01:02:15 PM »

Hi,
  My name's Jared and I'm brand,spanking new. Actually,I'm still in my free trial period. I'm very excited by this opportunity and have plenty of great ideas to promote the company. I'm trying to be realistic,be patient,and give this a shot for at least a year. I already have 2 or 3 potential sign-ups in my family. I don't consider this an MLM "scheme", because GDI offers a legitimate,quality product and service that is useful,attractive,and worth something.
   So anyway, I've been reading through a lot of threads on this forum (a very useful resource,BTW), and have come acroos many terms and phrases that I'm not familiar with. What exactly is a bulkmailing system and how does it work? What are "opt-in", "double opt-in", and "survey" leads, what do they cost,and are they effective?  I'm trying a few different avenues to advertise my business,including registering a catchy .com domain name ,since .com is more memorable and marketable than .ws. Then I forward that name to freedom.ws/USERNAME/show_dvd.  I notice many people direct customers to website.ws/USERNAME/show. Is that better?
    I just don't want to miss out on any valuable ways to increase my downline simply because of ignorance.

Thanks!
Edward Gause

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 03:11:51 AM »

Hi Jared,

When you see references to bulk mailing online, it's usually referring to purchasing a list of email leads from a company and them mass
mailing them.  You DON'T want to do this unless you are EXTREMELY experienced!!!  If you try it, you run the risk of being accused
of spamming.

The best way to explain single opt-in and double opt-in is by example:

Let's suppose you publish an online newsletter (a.k.a ezine) and have a form on your website for interested visitors to sign up by
providing their name and email address.  The information they provide is sent to an autoresponder and their address is now in your
database and ready to be sent messages.

The double opt-in method adds one more step to that.  When a visitor submits their information, a confirmation email is sent to the
email address they submitted first, asking them to confirm that they did in fact request to join your newsletter.  This is the common
method used by nearly all publishers today.  When someone submits their information and then confirms their request, the odds of
you being accused of spamming are greatly reduced.

As far as you purchasing a .com domain name and forwarding it to your GDI affiliate link, why would you want to do that?  If you
don't want to use your GDI hosting to create your own website, you can just use it as is and it.  Please see my previous post
concerning my feelings about GDI affiliates not using their hosting service here:
http://talk.ws/index.php?topic=7068.0

I hope you find it useful.

Cheers,

-Ed

Edward Gause
DPro

Internet Marketer & Search Expert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 03:11:51 AM »

Hi Jared,

Bulk mailing : a program that allows you to send out large number of emails at one time (a good one wouldn't cause your ISP to ban you)

opt-in : website visitors who give you their email addresses and agree to receive emails from you. Optin is necessary to prevent spam.
If it's single optin, then there will be no verification of email addresses.
For double optin, an automatic verification link will be sent to the email address that the visitor has submitted in the form, they are then required to
check their inbox and click on the link. This technique ensures that your visitors submits to a working email address instaed of some junk. So these are considered verified leads.

Survey leads are people who completed some sort of survey to determine their interest, so you know that they are interested in the services/opportunities that you offer.
These are also targetted leads and usually give you a higher sales conversion.

I mentioned in a previous thread an effective solution to build a good database of email list, please refer below if you are interested:
http://talk.ws/index.php?topic=7010.msg18574#msg18574

You are definitely moving in the right direction  Cheesy, the forum is indeed a great place to learn.

All the best

« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 12:09:07 PM by DPro » Logged

Want to install a blog for your GDI domain name?
Send me a private message to get help
ScottPrice

Enjoy Today Yesterdays Gone Make Tomorrow Special

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 12:10:21 PM »

Just rememeber when you advertise online, its all a numbers game. Dont be discouraged if you dont get a lot of signups at first. Like any business, it takes time to build up.

Take Care
Scott

Scott Price
Paul Noel

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 11:37:20 AM »

Hello, 

I would like to know if there is a possibility to connec one of my leadcapture page to an autoresponder, with double opt in system, to send follow up messages?

Thank you.

Paul
DPro

Internet Marketer & Search Expert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2007, 12:54:14 AM »

Hi Paul,

Are you using your own lead capture page or the ones by GDI?
If you are using your own lead capture page, just put the autoresponder form code on the page to set up the follow up campaign.
If you are referring to the lead capture page by GDI (eg. http://website.ws/kvmlm2/ws.dhtml?sponsor=username&template=1),
then GDI will take care of follow up, it is not necessary to use an autoresponder.

Want to install a blog for your GDI domain name?
Send me a private message to get help
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: