March 28, 2024, 11:51:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15
  Print  
Author Topic: Working Hard and Not Getting Anywhere  (Read 172322 times)
Kyra Tuey

Don't just be in it for now, be in it for LIFE!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2005, 04:13:44 PM »

Hi Gina,

It's okay to be frustrated...especially at first. I'm sure that a lot of us have experienced that. I would like to point out that 2 weeks isn't a very long time to be in GDI. It takes time to build your team. And most importantly...you want *quality* people on board with you. So...as all of us say..."think long-term" when it comes to GDI. It's predicted that over 500 million domains will be registered in the next 10 years....let's ALL get in on some of that!  Wink

Also...I've experienced similiar reactions with my team. Not everyone who signs up will need your help. Or will even be interested in the opportunity. They may just figure that it's a cheap domain with hosting. And that's okay. If they need help...they'll ask for it. Other than that, just make sure they know you're here for them when they need help.

So...stick with it...keep talking to people & sharing this great opportunity! But don't be too anxious for it to *explode* in a short amount of time!

Good luck to you!  Smiley

Kyra

Thanks,
Kyra
Gerald Yancey

I just love sinking my teeth into this business!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2005, 06:45:18 PM »

Great Advice, Kyra! I couldn't say it better myself.

Gerald

THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX!
ThomasChen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2005, 09:45:33 PM »

hi there, its almost a month and a half since i join gdi....but wat i realised is that my downline dont seem to get wat this business is all about....most of them....they join and they do nothing just expecting their network to grow on their own...
i am quite frustrated with my downlines actuially, i cant help all of them as i am having about 20+of them for now....anly 1 or 2 is working like i do.....pls help me....
Nicole Taylor

Welcome to Talk.ws!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2005, 09:54:07 PM »

hi there, its almost a month and a half since i join gdi....but wat i realised is that my downline dont seem to get wat this business is all about....most of them....they join and they do nothing just expecting their network to grow on their own...
i am quite frustrated with my downlines actuially, i cant help all of them as i am having about 20+of them for now....anly 1 or 2 is working like i do.....pls help me....

Hi Thomas,

Yes, you can help each and every member in your downline! What you want to do is, send all new sign-ups a welcome letter. This welcome letter should contain information for the live training and opportunity calls, GDI manual, Red Ferrari flyer and other links that will help them build their business.

They should also use this welcome letter to pass on to their downline.

Nicole

I make a good income right from home while I am drinking Starbucks and eating my cinnamon crumb cake.
Nicole Taylor

Welcome to Talk.ws!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2005, 10:13:58 PM »

Don't forget to tell your downline members about www.talk.ws!!!

Nicole

I make a good income right from home while I am drinking Starbucks and eating my cinnamon crumb cake.
Amy Derby

i am a work in progress

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2005, 11:12:20 PM »

they join and they do nothing just expecting their network to grow on their own...

Thomas, I agree with doing what Nicole has said, as I have good retention of quality people as a result of doing so.

I may certainly be wrong, but I believe in all the internet marketing businesses I've been affiliated with, there are always at least 9 out of 10 people who want "something for nothing."  We live in the world of people who want to get rich quick; just look at all the spam emails and silly ebooks out there promoting programs that have titles like "make your computer work for you!  do nothing and make millions!" 

Well, Thomas, I am agreeing with you, that I am not wanting to work with people who are wanting to "do nothing" and expect to make "millions."

Those people who sign up under me don't last long.  If they do, I'd be shocked.  If yours keep paying the ten bucks a month and do nothing else, just consider that icing on the cake for you.

Meanwhile, join up with some message boards, online groups, and forums that will allow you to network with some QUALITY people who are really genuinely INTERESTED in working for the money!  Don't target people who want to "get rich quick" if you're looking for people who want work!

Get creative about it.  For example, do you like sports?  Do you play chess?  Do you speak another language?  Join a board that has nothing to do with this or any other business.  Fill out your profile, and leave this link to GDI business in your profile, and in your signature line, if the board allow that.  Get to know some people there.  Make friendly, you know?  Chit chat with someone a few times over the boards or email.  Once they feel like they know you a little bit, maybe then ask them, are they interested in hearing about an opportunity to make some extra money?  If so, then invite them to watch the GDI movie.  This is one way I make my "recruits" online.  I am involved in many mom boards, publishing boards, law school tutoring programs, artist and writer boards, deaf community boards.  Anything you have interest in, it's good to join that kind of person.  You will be able to relate with them of something other than GDI, so you will seem to be another REAL person, you know, "one of them" and not just "some man named Thomas the go-to get rich quick guy."

To Gina,
In addition to what was said above, I will also add that when I am feeling discouraged that I am putting a lot of time into something that isn't making me a lot of money right now, I think about that for every month, there are going to be checks coming in for these people.  So even though I may spend a few hours and only get one person in the door, in two years from now, that person will not only have made me $24 instead of $1 (assuming the person has only one domain -- half my downline has more than one), but also money for anyone else the person brings in, and the money those people bring in, etc.
I have been in GDI only several weeks.  However, I have done MLM for years through other companies, and the secret is in building the foundation.  That's what takes the work.  Once you've got all five levels of people active and working, it multiplies a lot faster than you can keep track of!  I only have three levels in GDI right now, and less than 100 downliners, but I am not upset about that, because if I keep averaging 5-10 sign-ups per day, even if most of them quit or never pay (orange & purple, etc.), a lot of people are staying.
You will be fine.  The people you want beneath you are the ones who are WILLING to stick it out.  Even if you spend an entire month to get just a few people in who are quality people and in this for the good and long term, it will be worth it in the long term.
I'm been doing MLM and other marketing for seven years, and I have never seen anything like GDI.  From the other angle of the fact that I work in bankruptcy law, well, let's just say I know who to avoid, and I know when to "run for the hills"  Grin (I did ok with the .com bust, because I knew to sell my stock, see Wink).  I don't anticipate having to run from this one.
Don't let yourself get too frustrated or burnt out.  Get inspired and excited, in whatever way you can.  You will be successful at this if you keep on keeping on. Smiley

~Amy~

"Imagine Being More Afraid of Freedom Than Slavery." ~Pamela Sneed~
KLopez

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2005, 11:56:53 PM »

Well, your doing way better than I am apparently and I have been putting my all into this business. I've been with GDI for over 2 months now and NOTHING. I was soooooo excited when I first joined. I didn't expect for everything to happen the first week, or first month, - but at least something - some type of result to keep me excited and keep going... but so far nothing. I had one guy join (someone I knew) but it turns out he wasn't really serious about the whole thing I guess and he never specified any payment options and his account was deleted but I have not gotten a single response from my leads. I send out 2,000 leads every single day and always personally email the people who watched my movie and I'm using an autoresponder also for those who don't watch the movie. Well, just recently I only started getting emails from people that wanted to be removed from the list - but I've sent out so many personal emails and I have not gotten a single response yet... so I have not had a single person sign up out of over 100,000 leads that I've had sent out. It is very frustrating. I wonder if I'm doing something wrong but I've read all the training info and taken advice from others - I feel I'm doing a good job with this business but yet wonder why everyone else gets at least some result and I don't.  If I can just one serious person to sign up just to get things started, I would be so happy. Everyday I can't wait to check my email to see if someone has signed up or at least sent me an email requesting more information but it never happens. I'm ready and willing to help people but no one seems to be interested. I currently use just a few marketing methods until I got this business working for me a little, hoping that later I could afford other methods of marketing. But, if I never get results, I don't see how this will happen. Right now I just feel like I'm throwing money away on the leads and bulkmailer. Hopefully it will come to prove me wrong one of these days. What really keeps me going is seeing the posts of people on the forum... it really inspires me to keep going and keep trying. I just hope one day I can be here sharing with others how GDI has worked for me.

Anyway, I think that is great you have already gotten 5 signups in 2 weeks considering my situation.  
Keep up the good work & I wish you the best!
RodB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2005, 10:26:33 AM »

Hey guys this is a great business. Never say die!

Ayn Rand said and I quote  "Contradictions do not exist. Whenever you think that you are facing a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is worng" This quotation is from Atlas Shrugged.

You guys are 100% on the right track. Sounds to me like a bit of fine tuning is the order of the day.
Check your premises!
LoganWandell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2005, 12:57:58 AM »

"I feel your pain." : US President William Jefferson Clinton

The problem I have to deal with, is not only no signing up...are the following:
  • Unsupportive spouse
  • small budget
  • I know how to get this done, but lack funds
  • Have spent close to $100 for marketing (via 1000 business cards, 1 newspaper ad [5days], 1000  b/w 1/2 sheet flyer copies) a $10/mo business...with no return (hence upset & unsupportive spouse)
  • ***I Can't help but look at this for the long run earnings. Nevertheless, reminded constantly that I am considered a "sucker" for waisting my time with MLM because the only people who make the money are the ones at the top. Pointless to mention...I may not be at the top now, but with time...I will be.(
Do you know how I deal with this? I know it's hard but it works...
* budget your time
* budget your money
* do not approach "nay sayers"
* stay away from negative people
* stay postive
* be friendly to everyone... incase that person is interested in the future; because of who I am, & how much I have helped others succeed at something that seems so impossible to them.
* This is NOT get rich quick ...so I don't treat it like it is
* be patient
* be patient... some day soon all my work will pay off!
* PRAY!

Hopes this helps...  Smiley

-Logan

Here's somthing to think about:
"Only when you speak, can someone listen to your message" Word Of Mouth: It's the Secret to Network Marketing!

"The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse gets the cheese!"
KLopez

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2005, 09:02:20 AM »

Hey Logan...I have a lot of the same problems you do.... I also have:                                                           

- Unsupportive spouse
- very small budget
- Currently paying monthy for bulkmailer & I've bought 2,000 leads a day for a year.... not to mention lost tons and tons of money on a previous home business we tried... and totally got burned... after that my spouse doesn't support any type of home business - he's always on my back about this... and the more time that passes and I dont see results, the worse it gets.

I try to do all of the things on your positive list... the posts in the forum really keep my head up though! You guys are awesome!
Diane Ewert

It's Just Me

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2005, 10:18:08 AM »

Hi Klopez & Logan,

Known how you feel.  I've been at this for 2 months now myself.  I just got my first sign-up on trail.  Just be patient, it will happen.  You have been doing more with mailers but I feel most of these are not even opened or read.  I find drop card and flyier and emails work best.  But what do I know and just new at this too.

Keep up your good work and it will pay off.  I was like you and thought I had made a mistake.  But I quickly learned that it could take a long time to build my business.  I made a commentment to give it at lest one year.  There are a lot of good ideas for marketing on these form that don't cost a lot of money.  Try some of them and see if it works for you.

Good Luck and welcome.

Diane
R_Morneau

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2005, 09:05:49 PM »

I am way on board with the unsupportive spouse!! I have tried many mlm's etc.. only to lose tons of money on advertising with very little in return. I am hoping and praying that GDI is different, my wife thinks I am crazy (I sort of am) for "believing" in yet another company. However, deep down inside I truly believe in GDI, I hope we all succeed, and if not, there is always second marriages.lol.
KLopez

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2005, 08:24:44 AM »

R_Morneau,

I can really relate to you on that one. I think one of the most frustrating things is having an unsupportive spouse.  I feel the exact same way you do. I've tried a couple other home businesses but the last one was terrible.... we lost so much money on that deal.... money that we still owe... and I never got payed a single penny for the work I did! But, for some reason, GDI seemed "different." I really believed in GDI for some reason and thought to give it a shot. And of course, my husband wants nothing to do with it. He's really furious over it. I can't wait to prove him wrong when I succeed in GDI. But, it's been nearly 2 and 1/2 months since I joined GDI and I still have no results/signups ... so everyday that goes by is just another argument waiting to happen. 

I hope we all succeed too. I don't know what it is about GDI that made it stand out from all the rest for me... well maybe it's the $10 a month which isn't much. But, I didn't think about all the advertising/promoting costs. By far, this is the most afforadble business I've come across, but I still just don't have it in my budget to do that much right now.

Anyway, good luck to you & everyone!

Kaci Lopez

Gina Morales

Easy does it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2005, 06:30:44 PM »

Hi it's Gina again... Things have changed since yesterday when I posted. I have an active member and two that have signed up with credit cards for trial. I moved one of my purple people(trial with no payment record on file) to one of my downline who is in trial with a credit card on file. I am hoping that moving downline to my downline is a good idea. I don't have much to give but it feels like it really boosts people when thay actually have a downline member. It also gives my trial member a chance to learn a lot more in a short time by helping their downline and hopefully this will all help me to get an active member after the trail.

Anyway, I'm not sure if I should be giving away people when I really don't have many, but I'll let you know how it works out. I wanted to thank everyone for the replies to my post...they really helped.

I think at the beginning it's hard to see what's really possible here....But I also think that it really will pay off for those who are really wanting to BUILD something.

Thanks again,

Gina
LoganWandell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2005, 12:28:17 AM »

Anyway, I'm not sure if I should be giving away people when I really don't have many, but I'll let you know how it works out. I wanted to thank everyone for the replies to my post...they really helped.

Gina,

From what I understand, you're not giving your downline member away...you still get paid for both of thoes members! Only now, you both get $1 !

According to the GDI Training manuel, that's what we should be doing... as soon as we have our 1st 5 then we start spreading them out down the line... no more than 5! Because that won't teach them to get out there and promote.  They'll inherantly believe they can just get something for nothing. It's a great idea, and awesome option as well! It'll add to everyone's income!

So if everyone did what the manuel suggests this is what should happen..

• 1st level:  your 1st  5 members are given from your immediate upline
  • 2nd level: you give 5 members to each of your 5 members
    [li]3rd level:  their upline starts the process all over again..

the levels look like this:
5= 5 members
5x5= 25 members
5x25= 125 members
5x125= 625 members
5x625= 3,125 members

Giving you a $3,905 monthly income on members alone...not including bonuses or the recruting they do! Plus it'll pay half of their mo/payment!

Granted, that'll probably take a while to do, but when it does happen, you can bet our spouses will like it now!

This is how I plan to work my downline when it get's going. and support will be given up the yin-yang (where-ever that is?) I imagin i'll probably give more than 5 each thoug... after time... maybe 2 per week so they'll get the in bonus pool. of course that all depends on my traffic Wink

till next time!

Logan

Here's somthing to think about:
"Only when you speak, can someone listen to your message" Word Of Mouth: It's the Secret to Network Marketing!

"The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse gets the cheese!"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15
  Print  

Jump to: