April 15, 2024, 11:42:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15
  Print  
Author Topic: Working Hard and Not Getting Anywhere  (Read 172728 times)
Patrick D

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2005, 03:21:36 AM »

Hi fellow GDI'ers,

I've been with GDI about a month and a half. I currently have 32 in my down-line. I try
to keep in contact with all of them. The thing I feel you have to remember is GDI is a
service as well as a business. Just as everyone may not want to build or use the web-
site tools you have those who may not want to beniefit from the business side of GDI.

I know when I market GDI I try to let the person know both sides. They can have their
own domain to promote whatever they want. They can use GDI to earn money, or
they can do both. I usually start off with the owning your own domain then slide into
the business side of GDI only giving them just enough information to make them
curious enough to call the pre-recorded message or visit the website..

Today I thought of something to try. I targeted small off-line businesses. You know,
the little sunglass stands, hotdog vendors, self owned type busnesses. I figured
these people already know how to promote and come in contact with different
people everyday. After introducing myself, my first question was do you have your
own website, suprisingly only one person said yes, then I just moved to business
side of GDI. We'll see how it works out.

Twice a week I send out an offer to all of my down-line to help them with anything
they need. I include a few links that contain information about GDI, for example,
the link to the GDI flyer or the link to another website that I've used to help me out.

Now I have even more to share with them since Howard Martell has provided me with
some great info and sites to visit.

Just stay positive and good things will start to happen.

Best Wishes to you all  Smiley

Patrick Dixon
Nelfa Squires

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2005, 01:08:43 PM »

I have no downlines yet since I joined and even my upline had stopped contacting me.........isn't that SAD? But I will work my up and soon hopefully when they reprint my business cards for error correction I will be up one or two steps of the ladder... I'm crossing my fingers right now. I will pick up some of these people's positive attitudes instead of waiting for my uplines to contact me... thanks positive people!!! You rock.

Nelfa B. Squires
P_Gringel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2005, 08:01:27 PM »

well I have now saved two---- and" half "he said he would resign but nothing is showing yet( this  one  answered MY add in the paper)
then I saw he  had turned orange  in my affiliate's downline :-\so I emailed him  again. He even rang me There are so many turning orange and my affiliate doesn't answer my emails  and I have no way of accessing the" orange people" except through an email to all the downline.So what do I do undermine the confidence of those already signed in? Send an email to all panic panic  most of you are turning orange Huh
        I would  appreciate  some input here Lips Sealed

Nicole Taylor

Welcome to Talk.ws!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2005, 08:18:10 PM »

well I have now saved two---- and" half "he said he would resign but nothing is showing yet( this  one  answered MY add in the paper)
then I saw he  had turned orange  in my affiliate's downline :-\so I emailed him  again. He even rang me There are so many turning orange and my affiliate doesn't answer my emails  and I have no way of accessing the" orange people" except through an email to all the downline.So what do I do undermine the confidence of those already signed in? Send an email to all panic panic  most of you are turning orange Huh
        I would  appreciate  some input here Lips Sealed

Hello,

Go to Team Building and then Inactive Account Sign-Ups.

Don't worry about the messages you send to your downline. Whatever you send, your downline can also use to send to their downline.

Nicole

I make a good income right from home while I am drinking Starbucks and eating my cinnamon crumb cake.
HowardMartell

"Repetition is the mother of all Skills"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2005, 10:15:44 PM »

Damien,

I liked how you put it as we know just like a business we lose people this just fact some people just curious.

The serious people who join your business our your future leaders work with them provide them guidance and helping hand.

Keep it simple so your team understands how you're successful with GDI.

Take care

TerryH

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2005, 09:08:28 AM »

Hi,
You have to remember that some of the people that sign up are only interested in the product and not neccessarily the business opportunity.
I have found over the years in networking that out of 12 people that you sign up, 3 to 4 will be interested in taking this thing all the way, 3 to 4 will use the product and play with the business a little and 3 to 4 will do absolutely nothing.
I learned a long time ago to not worry about it. The numbers are the numbers.
So, I communicate weekly with my group, work with the ones that respond and hope the best for the rest.
Eventually a few more will pop out when they're ready.
That's life.
If you don't hear back from your upline or downline, don't worry about it. You become the leader. Learn all you can about your business. You initiate things like a weekly team call. Make it available to your group. Be a great example of how a leader/sponsor should be and people will follow your lead.
I believe that over time as GDI grows, new people coming to look at this great opportunity will seek out the leaders in GDI. I believe that people will want to know " Who has the best run team. Who helps their people the most etc..."
If that someone is you, you will be poised to have a very large business but most importantly, a team of other leaders.
This is the essence of True Networkmarketing. "Finding and developing leaders". 

SSmith

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2005, 09:15:22 AM »

Damien,

Remember that some people timidly put in their 'ticket info', others simply put in an alias.  I had to search through several previous contact numbers before I found one that would actually put me in contact with a recent sign up.  

After new signups have watched the movie and the presentations, they are convinced to give proper information which may take a while to filter through all the improper information given before.  GDI sends a letter asking them to contact you.  I miss this letter now that most of my recruiting is being done outside the leads system here.  

Have you tried placing "Sponsor GDI Please Respond" or "WS Sponsor Please Respond" in the subject line of your emails to them?  Also, don't try to send bulk.  Go individual, so you will be sure to get through.  Also, remember your sign up may be on VACATION.

Sherri
JNapier

Living by Faith! One day at a time!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2005, 12:22:27 AM »

Steve, I refuse to get down and dirty over any matter but I will offer my $1.00 worth here. People quit or do not become active for so many different reasons that it would take a novel to list them all.  Some just don't capture the whole picture of this great business opportunity no matter what we do. Plain and simple!!

Others want to make it rich without taking the measures to instill it.  Some just don't have the patience to stick with it long enough to see results.  Still, others are too easily swayed by other business opportunites and they leave one behind and go chase another. I call these people dream chasers but that's all they usually do. They wear themselves out chasing instead of staying put and working any business long enough to succeed.

I have always said that if the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence it is probably artifical turf.  Instead, I believe in staying put and keep tending what I already have.

So, although there are many, many reasons for members opting out we shouldn't let that stop us from moving forward. More members will join and some will stay for the long term. Let's all hold to the positive and keep the door locked against anything negative.

All my best,
Norma  Shocked

Living by Faith,
one day at a time!
Amy Derby

i am a work in progress

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2005, 09:59:18 AM »

Grownups resolve problems by coming here and doing like you said --
let's come here and talk this out.  Let's make it better.   Let's put
a suggestion in the appropriate forum, and let's see what the company
does about it.  Etc.

If people leave my downline without a word, I don't assume the worst.
I don't assume anything at all, in fact.  I just wish them well. 
I don't take it personally, because I know
that I have done the best I could, and that no one's actions really have
anything to do with me or with GDI either.  It's all about them and where
they're at.  Their life, and mine, is bigger than GDI.  So, onward we go.

"Sponsor" to me is like "Guide".  Not "babysitter", not "handholder",
not "mindreader", not "scapegoat."

To me, quitting GDI and blaming it on the sponsor and/or GDI is equal to
a recovering alcoholic going out after years of sobriety, getting drunk
and blaming his actions on his sponsor and/or his twelve step group.

You hit the nail on the head when you said "what they expected."
I give my downliners all the same tools I have.  Sometimes what I expect
is not necessarily what happens, either.  But that's life.  And that's business.
It's not a question of "what should someone have done for me," but a
question of "what should I be doing for myself to either make it better
or adjust my expectations".  If GDI isn't up to someone's expectations,
then they should leave.  No company is meant for everyone.  Best wishes
to 'em.

Is there anything you can actively do to prevent this problem?

Aside from getting ourselves magic wands.... nope, I'm thinkin not.

Onward, friends.   Grin

~Amy~

"Imagine Being More Afraid of Freedom Than Slavery." ~Pamela Sneed~
RhondaWarren

Rhonda Warren - The Mom Network

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2005, 05:00:22 PM »

Here is what I do with my downline. We are very team focused. So we have one email from our team that we send to all of our new people that join our downline. We teach each of our team members to send this same email. This email lets them know how to get started with our team, we give them a free site to prospect toward moms. But, on this subject it also gives them the email to our team loop. We have created a private yahoo loop for our team only. In this loop we share motivation, tips and idea's. So when someone joins our team they get there welcome email and join our loop. This way I will always have contact with my downline too. Smiley

Just a thought Smiley
Rhonda Warren

To your Success,
Rhonda Warren
The WAHMom Network.WS
Founder & Team Member

"People don't care about how much you know until they know how much you care."
--Linden Wood
Deborah H

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2005, 05:47:52 PM »

ALWAYS make a copy of the info in case this happens. Then you still have it. Smiley
Deborah H
ChrisAdamson

Show me the Smurfs!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2005, 08:19:27 PM »

Hey everyone,

What to I say to a person to try and get them to stay? Does anyone have tips or tricks to use?

thanks chris
HowardMartell

"Repetition is the mother of all Skills"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2005, 09:41:25 PM »

Chris,

I Do the following contact this person intially via phone and email introduce myself show them their is support from members to  help them build their business.

Tell person honestly going to take a little time to build your business can you give me 6-12 months to show you how or less.

Wait for the answer and tell them be sending you a series of emails on some of my resources to get started don't overwhelm them with to much at one time.

Invite them to training calls and offer as incentive to pass on some of my leads for them to work and offer assistance.

Tell them they need to also be accountable to themselves and not let anyone say they can't do this business.

Finally I don't force people to stay in the business who won't work it or give any effort this waste of time for both them and I.

Deborah H

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2005, 03:01:18 AM »

All of what Howard said plus I give them one of my sign ups. If none of that works then they dont want to work. I dont worry about the sign up I gave them because if they do quit they come back to me anyway. But in my other job-the one I intend to quit-I have seen way too many people that EXPECT that they do not have to do anything at all. That all will be given to them and they for some reason deserve it. It's very frustrating but very real. MANY people are out there like that. They saw a free service-they signed up for it and that's all they are going to do. So expect that these people will end up on your downline and do all that Howard stated but remember that that type pf person is REALLY out there. And there are a LOT of them. Undecided
There isnt a thing you can do to change them either. Sadly.
Deborah H
Gina Morales

Easy does it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2005, 08:59:59 AM »

Hi,

I have been with GDI for over 2 weeks. As of yesterday I had 5 Trial with no payment on record. I have seven orange people too. I received a note from my sponsor telling me that she is impressed with my progress. She stated that I have more going on with my downline than most of the rest of her downline. I am a bit concerned for a couple of reasons. First, I am putting a lot of work into posting and talking. I am lucky enough to have a job where I have a few hours of downtime everyday and can focus on GDI. Even when I get an actual paying sign up, will they be able or willing to put this kind of effort into this program?
I know there is no way to predict, but I would appreciate any feedback on your own experiences with your downlines. I have contacted my own and have offered support, but have never been asked for help. Is this normal?

Thanks,
Gina
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15
  Print  

Jump to: