March 28, 2024, 05:02:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: How I Handled Rejection From A Prospect  (Read 27022 times)
AMoss

View Profile
« on: March 20, 2006, 10:24:51 AM »

Hey All,

Recently joined GDI January 2006.  I begin my Marketing campaign by using leads and other sources that was recomended to me by my upline.  I contacted a hot prospect who saw my Fararri presentation.  I asked the contact what he thought about the presentation.  He told me that he thought it was one of those pyrimid schemes.  I became very discorage afterwards but deceided to continue and not allow any negative remarks from mis informed persons to try and make me missed out on somethning that I know will give me financial independence.

I proceed to answer the prospect by explaining to him that he was wrong in his thoughts to think along those lines. Of course it's his thoughts and he has the right to agree or disagree.   I then send him some infromation within an emal explaining further. The link I send him is below.

http://www.dsa.org/aboutselling/consumer/index.cfm?fuseaction=pyramid

This article is an article I think can be used to change the minds of "Skeptics" who do not understand what Affiliate Marketing is all about.  I am still learning daily and expanding my mind.  GDI is the business of choice for me and I am in this for the long haul.

So anyone out there who are experiencing the same kind of reactions with prospects, who do not understand the business, this link like and many other links are very informative.

Regards
Andrew
ScottPrice

Enjoy Today Yesterdays Gone Make Tomorrow Special

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 02:34:11 PM »

I think it is best to educate your customer. GDI is a real brink and mortar business. How can anyone discount facts.

Scott Price
Jay W

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 01:21:59 AM »

well THAT link is now in the bookmarks thank you very much.   Smiley
ArielCarpenter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 10:58:28 AM »

Well, actually, before I had even read this forum, one of my prospects actually gave ME the link and told ME that this bussiness was indeed a Pryamid Scheme.  I've also heard in other forums that I'm not suppose to "Sell" to GDI prospects.  I've only been in GDI for a few days and already all my prospects have said that it's a pyramid scheme and I should get out.  I don't believe this and I try to explain otherwise... but what else should I say to them that isn't referred to as "selling" or "convincing" them to believe what I believe?
People do have their own opionions, yes, but is there maybe a little explaination I can give to them, after they have watched the movie to show them that it isn't just another Pyramid Scheme?  Without pushing them?  I guess I have a little more exploring to do.
RMcintosh

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006, 05:43:03 PM »

With GDI you have to pay taxes on what you make at the end of the year, here in the USA.

Pyramid Scheme you don't.

Don't you have to pay taxes on what you make in other countries? 
BryanHedges

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2006, 03:10:57 PM »

With GDI you have to pay taxes on what you make at the end of the year, here in the USA.

Pyramid Scheme you don't.

Don't you have to pay taxes on what you make in other countries? 

So what is wrong with a pyramid scheme? All businesses are pyramid in shape to some degree . Even GDI.  The problem is some are legal and some are not.  I must confess that I have a lot of fun when someone says that GDI or any other program iis is a pyramid scheme, only to find out the person making the claim is involved in their own pyramid scheme, maybe as a school teacher, a church minister, a Police officer or a store clerk.

And try and tell the IRS that the income you earned from a pyramid scheme is not taxable, legal or otherwise. All income is taxable. After all thats how the US government got Al Capone in the end.  Grin

A good rule of thumb, is that Legal pyramids sell commissionable goods and or services.
illlegal pyramids sell people.

Regards
Bryan
RobertChoi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2006, 01:37:36 PM »

Rejection can come in so many forms, there is hardly any stock
solution.

One major rejection I've experienced is:

"I've heard of that before, I'm not interested."

The way I handle that response is to ask them if they have had friends
who were involved with something similar, and the answer is usually "yes".

Then I proceed to ask them,
"Well, did your friend do well?"

The answer is usually "no".

"So... how long did your friend work at the business?"

"A couple of months"

Now, once we've gotten to this point, it is easy to turn the question
back to them.

"How long would you work to earn a substantial residual income
for the rest of your life?"

"Oh, a long time. If I could be sure of success."

Now we're getting somewhere...

"And if that success were really big, and were to come, say, after two years, would you
work for two years to get there?"

"yeah, I guess so."

"Okay, so what if you only needed to work really hard for one year, and you
HAD TO take a year's rest before seeing your results, would you do that?
Now... you would be guaranteed that your hard work will pay off, and your
reward will be even greater than the effort you put into it."

"yeah, sure I would."

"Ok, so why not take another look at this video, and tell me what you like about it."

That person is essentially sold on the idea, but needs to get over his
fear of failure. Through presenting him/her with a viable system for success,
you can overcome that fear and replace it with something "step-by-step."

Not all conversations will turn out like this, but I have tried to give you an
example of how a person's rejection was only a request for more information.

It is our job to give them the tools for success, just as we need them to build
our own businesses. And if our downlines succeed, we also succeed. We
need to train our downline to be better than us, that's the key to success.

Keep that in mind, it will save you lots of headaches!

Cheers,

Robert Choi

S_Alcoya

Success is our way of life

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2006, 08:04:12 PM »

A rejection come from many ways like Robert said.
You are going to get rejections in this business.
Thats the way it go.

The prospect is convinced that he or she is not going to join.

I say keep your head up high. There will always be others
Billions of people are online looking for a opportunity.

Always be positive. The key is to help others.

Your Success,
Alcoya

Take Care,
Alcoya
BKamanski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2006, 06:00:00 AM »

My response to rejection. Some Will, Some Won't, So What, Someone's Waiting, Next! It truly is sad to think that most of our world has been indoctrinated into the world of legal bondage called a job! I have never had a job or boss that I loved until I started working from home! The most important thing in GDI is you have to STAY WITH IT! As far as the $10.00 a month goes it is a no brainer! If someone even uses 33 cents a day as an objection tell them they should open a McDonalds instead. They are currently around 1-2 million dollars!

Undecided Huh Cool Grin Angry Sad Wink Smiley Cry Undecided
MarkAustin

Mark Austin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2006, 08:34:18 PM »

I don't pay attention to the negative people that think every money making opportunity is a pyramid.  It's just plain ignorance, closed minded even.  Maybe they got burned with one sometime.  So what.  I did.  Move on.  There are plent of people willing to take on a legitimate business.  Just the the ignorant people go.  Maybe you'll run into one of them one day when you are making more money than them.  You can tell them how you paid your pyramid taxes. 

One of the definitions of a pyramid is not have a product or service in exchange for the money.

Just to let some new people know the difference between Network marketing and Affilaite marketing.  Network marketing is residual.  Affilaite marketing is a one time profit from your sale.  You don't profit every month from the same sale like you would in network marketing.

If I sell a book and make $20 profit because somebody bought it.  Thats it, profit done.  No more money from that person, except if you keep that person in your list, maybe you can sell to that person again later down the road with a different product.

So thats the difference.

Mark Austin

See more ways to market GDI
Alan Sheffield

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2006, 02:55:33 PM »

Next time tell him/her that they are right and move on to the next person. Don't waste energy on some negative person. DO NOT CONVINCE PEOPLE.
Sharon H

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2007, 08:23:23 PM »

Here's a tip from Kim Klaver - say no before the prospect does! I recommend her How to Build a Giant Hap CD for loads of tips. Basically you say "OK, no, it's probably not for you, sorry I mentioned it" and move on to the next person. Just don't waste your time on people who aren't interested. You know what will make them interested later? You making  a lot of money in GDI. It's amazing how many people will listen when you've made a million (since you're going to think anyway think big etc  Grin)

To answer the earlier question here in the UK we pay taxes on earnings from network marketing and pyramid schemes are illegal (as I expect they are in the US). I once got into a stupid and futile debate in which I explained this and explained that if I was doing something illegal I would be stopped. I then asked "is your Avon rep a criminal? Are they about to arrest the Mary Kay lady?". One of the responses went something like "yes, I've heard that argument before about pyramid schemes being illegal but I still think it's a pyramid scheme. Well duh ...where do you go from there?! This was just before Christmas when I really didn't have a lot of time fo messing about on forums. I was very depressed that my chosen career was being trashed. I did however get several e-mails from others who had been following the debate and were impressed so all was not lost.
BKamanski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2007, 03:02:17 AM »

HELP! I Am On A PYRAMID And I Can't Get Off!
All companies are based on a Pyramid structure. Let us take Microsoft for example. Bill Gates is at the top of the Pyramid. He makes more money than the executives, salespeople, secretaries, programmers, janitors, and so on and so forth. But people still go to work everyday and make Bill richer yet never bitch about it. It always amazes me how ignorant people are. When you start your GDI business you are the President, Owner, CEO or whatever glorified title you wish to grant yourself. As you recruit people you are growing your organization as large as you possibly can. After all, it is much nicer to have thousands of workers for you giving you a little profit than trying to do it all by yourself!!!! I'm In! Most important with these naysayers. PROVE THEM WRONG! This will change their mindset faster than anything...

Brad

Smiley Sad Cool    Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided    Shocked Cool Huh    Cry Grin Cheesy   
N MacKinnon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2007, 07:37:52 PM »

Brad:

Your response was great.
I think G.D.I. should update their video and specify clearly, thiat this is not an illegal Pyramid Scheme as the people/recruits are thinking. 

I feel  this type Home Business has much potential.  You will get out of it, what you put into it.

Noreen
Paula Nernberg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2007, 09:58:32 PM »

Brad:

Your response was great.
I think G.D.I. should update their video and specify clearly, thiat this is not an illegal Pyramid Scheme as the people/recruits are thinking. 

I feel  this type Home Business has much potential.  You will get out of it, what you put into it.

Noreen

Hi Noreen,
You are right in saying this is note a scheme.  This is a real business and you do get out of it what you put into it.  GDI is actually ahead of its time as many people don't realize that a website will be a necessity.  Once they do, we will be on fire.
Paula

Have fun in all that you do.  Life is too short to sweat the small stuff.  A smile really is contagious. Your attitude can dictate the outcome of your experiences. Your mind is a powerful tool. Use it to enhance your life. Project yourself into the positive. Don't be a victim to yourself.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: