April 19, 2024, 04:22:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I stop spam?  (Read 4414 times)
J Drudge

View Profile WWW
« on: October 03, 2014, 11:52:53 AM »

Hi everyone!

I've been a GDI customer for several years, and just in the last year I have started to actually use my email address that goes with my .ws domain more frequently. I have used that email address to opt into several different lists, and from that I now am getting 30-50 emails a day from various different sources, all in the same niche, so it seems clear that someone has distributed my email around.

I am sick of deleting that many junk emails per day, and yet I don't want to close the address, cause it is one that I like to use.

Is there anything that I can do legally to stop all this spam?

In the email.ws where I go to read my email, I have looked for a filter or something that I can block any addresses containing certain words or websites, but I haven't found anything. I thought of creating a 'gone on vacation' type auto message, but I would have to divert all my valid emails from friends and business contacts to another email address, and that kind of goes against why I have bought GDI, to be my 'website and email address for life'.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Jeff Drudge

Thanks,

Jeff Drudge

For a simple, free way to learn
to market yourself...
Get My Free Training
Rodney Polk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 03:35:21 PM »

Hi Jeff,

Been there,Done that!!! I had the same problem and found out that you can make your own filters inside your .ws email. Do this: Open your .ws email and click on the "preferences" tab at the top. Once that opens, click on the arrow that is next to the, "mail", icon in the preferences window at the left margin of the window. This will open a sub-menu that has a, "Filters" icon. Click on the Filters icon and you can set up any filters that you would like. I currently have 9 filters I've created to deal with the same problem that you have. It took a little playing around with different types of filters to get to these 9 that I set up for myself to filter out most of the spam, so be patient and as you get spam, you'll start to see things in the spam that you can use to set up your personal filters such as; spam that has the same phrases or words in it that you can use to catch several spam emails from different people or sites, organizations, etc., and once you have them set up, just like any other filter will do, it will weed out those pesky spam emails. A word of caution though...spammers are getting pretty slick and you might have to try several filter set ups to block a particular spam email. Give it a try and you'll soon be a pro!

God Bless You,
Rodney Jay Polk
Los Angeles, California
J Drudge

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 09:03:47 AM »

Hi Rodney,

Thanks for the reply! Sorry I didn't respond to it sooner, I got busy with other things and didn't notice till now that someone had replied!

I'll try adding those filters, and see how it goes!

Thanks again!

Best wishes on your GDI business, and may God bless you too!

Jeff Drudge

jeffreydrudge.ws

Thanks,

Jeff Drudge

For a simple, free way to learn
to market yourself...
Get My Free Training
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: