March 28, 2024, 10:39:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GDI Learning Bonus  (Read 3807 times)
BradfordR

View Profile
« on: March 03, 2014, 03:41:53 PM »

Hello,

Can someone please help me with this step in the GDI Learning Bonus - It says as follows :

Please create your WebSite using either SiteBuilder, Basic Hosting, or WordPress.
Enter your WebSite address and click Submit:
I used the one that was already created i.e. Hello World.

I don't  understand what is my blog address which I am supposed to fill in the field provided.

When I come to WordPress Blog 3.0.3
gdiblog.brady2014.ws - There is a button which says Edit
When I click on Edit I am brought to the Admin Area of the WordPress blog where I log in and come to the wp blog.

Can I make changes to this blog. I mean the header and the posts.

Awaiting help.

Regards

VParker

Vincent R Parker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 06:40:05 AM »

Hi Mr. Risbert,

The address you gave (gdiblog.brady2014.ws) would be fine to place in the Learning Bonus area.  That will show that you completed that step.

As far as editing the posts:

Yes, you can absolutely edit the posts.  It's very easy to do in your WordPress Admin Area.  Just click on Posts -> All Posts -> Then under the post you want to edit click the Edit button.  When you are done editing either click update (to publish your changes) or click preview (to see your changes and decide if you want to keep them) or click save draft to save your changes until later.

As far as header:

You can absolutely change what it says.  You'll need to spend some time getting to know your WordPress admin area.

However, every theme is a little different as far as headers, footers and so on.

I would advise that first, again, you get to know your admin area.  Second, visit the GDI tutorials in your GDI members area.  Some great help there.

Also, do a Google search on how to WordPress and you will find some great help out there.  Videos and articles and so on.

So, yes, you can make major changes to your blog.  And it's really easy.  It will just take you a little time to learn all the ends and outs.

Always remember, a blog is not written in stone.  You can change the way it looks, edit posts and pages, erase them or add more.  Never wait for perfection.  It will probably never be perfect in your eyes.  Action is the key.  The rest will come with time and knowledge.

Hope this helped a little.

Good luck and I'll leave a comment on your blog to say hi.  Smiley

Have fun!

Vince

Vincent R. Parker
R_Wilkerson

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 09:55:02 AM »

Hello,

Can someone please help me with this step in the GDI Learning Bonus - It says as follows :

Please create your WebSite using either SiteBuilder, Basic Hosting, or WordPress.
Enter your WebSite address and click Submit:
I used the one that was already created i.e. Hello World.

I don't  understand what is my blog address which I am supposed to fill in the field provided.

When I come to WordPress Blog 3.0.3
gdiblog.brady2014.ws - There is a button which says Edit
When I click on Edit I am brought to the Admin Area of the WordPress blog where I log in and come to the wp blog.

Can I make changes to this blog. I mean the header and the posts.

Awaiting help.

Regards

I would ask you to go watch the video tutorial for setting up your wordpress blog. It guide you step by step and it very very simple..
BradfordR

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 11:31:37 AM »

Hello Vince,

Thanks for your reply to my msg. I tried putting gdiblog.brady2014.ws in the GDI Learning Bonus, but it is not getting accepted, so I decided to choose another .ws domain name. Will I have to pay for the hosting in that case and if so how much?

Can I change the blog completely or does it have to contain only GDI articles and matter?

I would like to promote some of the other businesses. Can I do that?

Awaiting your response.

Thanks and regards

Bradford
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: