March 29, 2024, 04:17:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you measure wealth?  (Read 4082 times)
GregoryBowen

I'm here to give support and serve others .

View Profile WWW
« on: October 28, 2013, 09:36:44 AM »

How Do You Measure Wealth?

I have been thinking about this topic for a couple days now, and I have a couple Ideas…..I have read some quotes about wealth……Some I agree with….. some I don’t……I guess first I have to decide what, exactly, wealth is in my own mind…….When I think of wealth..I think of quality of life. I know that most people feel that wealth is measured by how much money one has, or by how much property a person has……I do agree that it is comforting to have the bills paid and put a little aside…..But I don’t think that is true wealth……..I tend to think that true wealth is a state of mind……and can be measured in that state of mind, only by the person IN that state of mind……What makes you feel wealthy in your mind is different than what feels wealthy in mine….

What do I feel true wealth is?                   

In my mind, true wealth is having the feeling of contentment ……..the more contentment you feel the wealthier you feel……How many times have we heard or read about somebody famous, that we thought never wanted for anything, had killed themselves or overdosed or something else that makes us wonder, what was going on with them?…..They lost the ability to feel contentment…..No matter what they did, they couldn’t see a bright side, so they found another way to escape…….or tried to produce that contentment in a manner that couldn’t let them feel the wealth of there lives …….or the contentment and gratitude, for the simple things that uplift our heart…….True wealth, in my mind, is that appreciation of those simple things, and uncomplicated…….True wealth, is also, that feeling of being appreciated by someone…….somebody that lets you know how much they appreciate the things that you do, is very uplifting to us and gives us a feeling of satisfaction in our efforts, the little things that a person does that may seem insignificant,  makes  and feels wealthy to others……..When somebody does something for you unselfishly……..It really makes you feel good inside……..In turn when you do something for someone else, unselfishly, it also makes you feel good inside…..So ….True wealth in my mind comes from serving others, and others serving us in return…..True wealth is an appreciation of those little things in our lives that keep our heart and mind satisfied…….Those things that bring us gratefulness…

Ten things that make me feel wealthy

Here are ten things that make me feel wealthy inside my mind…..in no particular order or priority

1). Driving a car that is quiet and everything works…..no worries that it won’t make the trip

2). Standing in a river or stream fishing.

3). Sitting in our living room early in the morning ……Looking through our picture window, watching the deer work their way across the backyard.

4). Backing a Semi-Truck into a tight spot for unloading freight……with no pull ups.

5). Enjoying my job so much, I can hardly wait to get to work in the morning.

6). A hug from my wife Robin……or my grand children …….for no particular reason other than they wanted to give me a hug.

7). Waking up on a weekend morning with absolutely nothing to have to do but relax……no pressing engagements or commitments.

Cool. Having all the bills paid for the month earlier than expected.

9). Pulling into our driveway and realizing my son mowed the lawn without be asked.

10). A home cooked meal at the dinner table with my family all there enjoying it.

These are just a few of many things that make me feel wealthy……I consider myself a very blessed and wealthy person…. Not because of the things I have……..but because of all the things in my life that bring myself and others joy, comfort and gratitude.

Ten things that don’t make me feel wealthy

These things, are things that make me feel like I am needy or gives me poor feelings……Luckily I don’t have to deal with any of them very often…Again no particular order or priority…..and just ten of many.

1). Having pain ……and haven’t done anything yet to earn it.

2). A break down on the side of the road for something simple, like a flat tire, or running out of gas.

3). Being behind on paying the bills.

4). Realizing, not only the roll of toilet paper is empty, but there is none to replace it with…….and you found out, when you needed it….not before.

5). A student that makes me feel like my instruction and guidance is worthless……They never say that, but sometimes a student will ignore my guidance ….making me feel like its worthless.

6). Somebody that treats me like I am less than them.

7). Missing family events …like kids athletic events or birthdays.

Cool. Realizing I missed an opportunity to thank someone for their efforts and help……when they needed to hear that.

9). Waking up late and having to hurry around, messing up the whole rhythm of the day.

10). being the one to have to deal with a backed up toilet…. and mysteriously nobody knows how it got that way.

What is your perspective of wealth?

These things I have written today are my own perspective of wealth……I would like to hear what your perspective is…..What would make you feel Wealthy?……What makes you wish or feel needy?….Does being wealthy mean rich?……Please your comments

Thank you for taking the time to read this blog post and hear my thoughts……..Please feel free to contact me via my Vcita contact page…….Motivating others by serving others ….You can too……Smokey

motivating others, by serving others...you can too! Gregory "Smokey" Bowen
24hr contact http://my.vcita.com/gregorybowen 

gregorybowen@g-bowen.ws
CherySchmidt

Decide-Commit-Succeed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 12:46:41 PM »

Hey Smokey!
I Loved all your answers on how to measure wealth!
I especially liked the HUGS for no special reason.
HUGS Back To You My Friend!
Let's get together soon
Chery Smiley)

Chery Schmidt Friend & Mentor
24 Hour Support: http://my.vcita.com/cheryschmidt
MY Blog: http://cheryschmidt.ws/
Business E-Mail: chery@cheryschmidt.ws
Love What You Do & Do What You Love
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: