March 28, 2024, 08:05:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Never, And Always…..Two words That Cause Problems!  (Read 3793 times)
GregoryBowen

I'm here to give support and serve others .

View Profile WWW
« on: July 29, 2013, 10:18:33 AM »

Never, And Always…..Two words That Cause Problems!

On Jul 25th, 2013 Published By Smokey | Edit

That’s right!……These two words are very Strong!…..They have caused more problems than they have ever solved!……..Used in a discussion can rip a person apart…….Tried to live by, as a rule……Will be proven wrong…….You can speak them….You can write them, but they don’t exist……We may think that they are real…….But are a standard that can’t be reached!

About ten years ago, my wife announced to me, that she wished she could visit New York City…..I responded to her by making it clear that I had NEVER been to NYC…..And NEVER would visit NYC….at the time I hadn’t been there…..I can’t say that now……Not only have we both been there……I have driven a Semi-truck there several times……..and liked it!

The words “Always” and “Never” can be great for goals to try to reach…….For instance …..ALWAYS tell the truth …..NEVER tell a lie…….So how did you answer the question when asked “Do these pants make my butt look big?”……..You get the point, I’m sure……Here is another for instance…..”I ALWAYS drive the speed limit!”…….or “I have NEVER broken they law”…….Be careful now!….Don’t go there!

Truth is the words “Always” and “Never” exist to remind us to carry ourselves in a manner to protect us from our own ego’s…….Seems like when we use these words out loud in a conversation……They backfire right in our face…Usually in front of the person we were conversing with!……This is how we are reminded to keep a certain amount of humbleness to ourselves,…and learn to choose our words wisely and with the idea that I am human and prone to stepping on my own neck at the most inopportune times…….These things are part of how we build character and some of the ways that our own human nature, creates a life of learning and teaching….Sometimes for ourselves and sometimes for others…..Seldom by accident

So the next time you are having a disagreement with a spouse, co-worker, significant other or friend, choose words that are real……Like “sometimes” …..Don’t pull the heavy hitters out just because it feels true….they will only show you different…….

What words are the heavy hitters to YOU…..How do you feel about “ALWAYS” and “NEVER”……add to this subject by clicking on the little blue words “leave a comment”…..it may have something like “3 comments” Highlighted in blue……I am interested to hear your thoughts….Motivating others by Serving others …..you can too……Smokey

motivating others, by serving others...you can too! Gregory "Smokey" Bowen
24hr contact http://my.vcita.com/gregorybowen 

gregorybowen@g-bowen.ws
CherySchmidt

Decide-Commit-Succeed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 04:40:24 PM »

Well said Smokey.. This reminds me of open mouth and insert foot HEHEHE Thanks for sharing.. Chery Smiley

Chery Schmidt Friend & Mentor
24 Hour Support: http://my.vcita.com/cheryschmidt
MY Blog: http://cheryschmidt.ws/
Business E-Mail: chery@cheryschmidt.ws
Love What You Do & Do What You Love
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: