April 25, 2024, 09:15:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SiteBuilder problem: my site is not cross-browser!  (Read 5957 times)
Alessandra_I

View Profile
« on: February 11, 2013, 10:33:19 AM »

Hello,

I'm Alessandra from Italy; I'm new of GDI. I've just prepared my site: perfect if viewed by Google Chrome vs. 24,
which is the browser I use, and a disaster if viewed by Internet Explorer 7 (and, I suppose, some other kind of browser).
The images and a video are not in the place I chose, but moved up, and some of them went over the text. I had to set
my website offline.

I need to know if there's a way to create a cross-browser site using SiteBuilder. I'm not an expert, anyway I found out
that a possibile solution for this problem is to insert a "CSS-reset" code into the HTML of any page. I've even tried to
do that, but I did not manage: the new html code appeared as a new text box in the page preview!
It's apparently impossible to modify the HTML of the pages...

Can anyone suggest me how to avoid this problem, once and for all?

If I don't even manage to have a largely viewable site, how can I find new affiliates, and recommend them the Sitebuilder,
if they're not advanced users?

Many thanks for your help

Alessandra
Palomino Jose

SUCCESS BEGINS IN YOUR MIND. Think as a Success

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 10:13:58 AM »

Hi Alessandra,
send me your link to have a better idea of your problem.
Alessandra_I

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 09:33:35 AM »

Hello Jose,

thank you for your support, but I think I've resolved by preparing the pages using Internet Explorer instead of Chrome, and formatting the text
as less as I could. I don't know why, but it worked!

Kind regards

Alessandra
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: