March 28, 2024, 05:10:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Html / FTP  (Read 3399 times)
RuiSilva

View Profile
« on: July 09, 2012, 10:05:10 AM »

Hi

I want to know the following (I Try support but I did not got an answer!)

1 - I'm using website builder, can I use a normal ftp program to do my site has I want ?

2 - Is just a question of changing dns to start using html/ftp option ?

3 - If yes, what happens to the site I did with website builder ? is it deleted or can I revert back to it ?

I would appreciate help.

Thanks

SDBoltsFan
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 10:17:53 AM »

Hi

I want to know the following (I Try support but I did not got an answer!)

1 - I'm using website builder, can I use a normal ftp program to do my site has I want ?

2 - Is just a question of changing dns to start using html/ftp option ?

3 - If yes, what happens to the site I did with website builder ? is it deleted or can I revert back to it ?

I would appreciate help.

Thanks

Hello Rui,

Please keep in mind that it may take 24-48hrs for GDI's support team to reply to your email message.

As far as your questions go, you may only use one DNS option at a time. If you opt to use the SiteBuilder option then you may not upload your files via FTP as what will display online will be only what you have created using the SiteBuilder program.

If you wish to create your website from scratch and upload your files using FTP, you may do so but you would need to change your domain's DNS options from SiteBuilder to Hosting. You may do this from the "Domains" section located within your account. Any content created with SiteBuilder will be stored in our system as long as your domain is active in your account. If in the future you should decide to use the SiteBuilder service for your domain again, then all you would need to do is change your domain's DNS settings back to "SiteBuilder" and publish your content for it to display online once again.

Amauri
GDI Forum Support
TonyManifold

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 10:03:14 AM »

I always just use windows explorer as my ftp program and it works fine with the GDI server. I also just use the standard dns. All you need is your ip address as well as your username and password.

Webhosting For Profit Blog
Blogging, Coaching and Website building tips
http://webhostingforprofit.ws
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: