April 19, 2024, 04:08:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What You should Know Before Developing Your Own Websites.  (Read 3933 times)
KittyBrown

Kitty Brown [Kitty Jellinek maiden name]

View Profile WWW
« on: July 18, 2011, 11:06:52 AM »

If you are about to build a personal website - a website to communicate with family and friends - where you will send the web address [URL] to the people you want to visit your site - then there is no need to read further.

If on the other hand your intent is to build a website to promote the GDI business or any other product, information or business to the general public then the following information is vital.

No matter how good your website design/content no one will ever see it!

Creating a good website or blog that converts visitors into customers is only half of the equation.

Before you start building your website you need to be aware of vital concepts to make your website highly visible on the cyberspace main street.

If you were to start an Off-Line business on the fifth floor in a housing commission block somewhere beyond the black stump - how many people would you expect to find your business?

Just about everyone knows that "Location" is vital for an Off-Line business - it is no different for an On-Line business.

It is true you can run your On-Line business from anywhere - but your website needs to be in the best high traffic area possible to get visitors.

There are several ways you can get your website noticed in cyberspace.

You can use paid advertising.

You can use free advertising.

You can do press releases.

You can spread the word about your site via social sites like facebook, twitter, dig, stumble, etc.

All of the above work but can cost you a lot of money or a lot of time if you don't know what you are doing.

Deciding on the best methods and designing your site to cater for the methods you are going to use to get visitors to your sites at the outset makes a lot of sense.

If you do not know what to do in this area - please email me for free advice.

Cheers,
Kitty.

Kitty Jellinek is a published author and web developer. Online for over 12 years and loving it.
My contact details Private Messaging etc can be found at: http://mikode.net/ - the Worldwide Local Community Network site.
RojasA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 10:43:23 AM »

hello kitty brown
i read your advice and i liked 
im still learning essentials in webpages and i would like your help
best regards     yours antonio
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: