April 28, 2024, 04:47:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Loading time  (Read 3247 times)
Randy Ward

View Profile
« on: June 01, 2011, 09:24:52 AM »

How am I supposed to promote my business when anything related to my website takes 45 sec to a min to load?  Every time I try and open my site:  http://dreamsofbliss.ws/  it just hangs for a long time to the point that it feels like its going to time out.

I've also noticed that with Explorer 7 I can't access anything on the GDI member's website.  All the options on the left for managing your account simply fail to function with Explorer 7.  In firefox, they work fine. 

These seem like serious issues.  How can I instill confidence in a potential new member when they can't even load the web pages?
SDBoltsFan
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 09:27:09 AM »

How am I supposed to promote my business when anything related to my website takes 45 sec to a min to load?  Every time I try and open my site:  http://dreamsofbliss.ws/  it just hangs for a long time to the point that it feels like its going to time out.

I've also noticed that with Explorer 7 I can't access anything on the GDI member's website.  All the options on the left for managing your account simply fail to function with Explorer 7.  In firefox, they work fine. 

These seem like serious issues.  How can I instill confidence in a potential new member when they can't even load the web pages?

Hello Randy,

We have tested your website and load time using the latest versions of Internet Explorer (IE9 anD IE8) and FireFox (3.6 and 4) browsers, your website displays properly using the mentioned browsers. Please note that as browsers become outdated the potential for them not to display a website properly increases.

With regards to instilling confidence in a potential customer and how their website loads...please note that every website is different and the content of them varies (Content plays a big part on how a website displays). Also, the way the website is coded and how the coding is laidout and read by the browser will also have a say on a website's loading time.

Amauri
GDI Forum Support
Randy Ward

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 12:01:01 PM »

Sorry, I meant Explorer 9.  For some reason, windows 7 os was in my mind.

I still can't really navigate around the members area with Explorer 9.  It hangs on almost every single link that I click on, over on the left side.  Then, the whole browser becomes non-functioning.  Is there an easy way to go back to Explorer 8?  The new one loads up so slow.

My actual domain website comes up with decent speed now, so maybe it was a local thing.  Unfortunately, the members page gives me all kinds of trouble unless I'm using firefox.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: