April 24, 2024, 06:52:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can someone please tell me what parked means?  (Read 3498 times)
MargaretB2

View Profile
« on: April 26, 2011, 11:30:23 AM »

I have just bought a new domain name more in keeping with the GDI product, but am having trouble linking it to one of the replicated sites.  It just tells me it is parked to a chosen replicated site, but I have no idea what that means and I cannot get the website up when I put the address in, just Error.

Can someone help, please.
VParker

Vincent R Parker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 09:45:59 AM »

Hi Margaret,

You may want to contact GDI support for further assistance.

But here is my answer.  Being parked does mean that it will use your replicated website.  If you go into your GDI member's area there is an option to choose which replicated website you wish to use.

Make sure that you are typing the correct domain in, also.  I know, that sounds simplistic but little things like that can become so frustrating.  Today I was fighting with a little program I wrote not working until I realized I was missing one quotation mark.

And, if you 'just' bought it, perhaps it hasn't had time to activate.  Try it again and if you are still having problems call GDI support.  They are EXTREMELY helpful people.  I think they are the only support team I actually enjoy calling.

Really hope this helps.  Let us know what the issue was.

Vincent Parker

Vincent R. Parker
MargaretB2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 12:17:17 PM »

Thank you Vincent.  What happened was that I had bought a second domain name, which I was wanting to tie into a replicated site.  The system had instead tied it into a subdomain name.  The new one I registered obviously hadn't quite clicked in, but when it did it then took me to the site with the subdomain showing in the address bar.  All I have had to do is to forward and mask it, so it is all working fine now.  I suppose I am impatient and like things to work straight away!  Margaret
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: