May 01, 2024, 01:37:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this forum dofollow or No-follow?  (Read 3495 times)
Nav M.

Believe in yourself when nobody else will...

View Profile WWW
« on: April 14, 2011, 10:28:08 AM »

Hey there guys.

I was just wondering.....

Google don't crawl through this forum very often do they. Hardly any topics have been indexed but as some have....my question is - are the signature links and the links in posts do follow or no follow for search engines?

Just thinking there should be some kind of reward (reason that benefits them too) to those members who post frequently post on the forum with relevant info and links that users can make use of.

Nav

Global Domains International - My-WS

A NEW GDI REPLICATED SITE IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR ALL GDI AFFILIATES Email For Business Lead Capture Page

Global Domains International
VParker

Vincent R Parker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 08:07:09 AM »

Hi Mohammed,

Quick answer, the "rel=nofollow" tag is not attached currently to profile links or signature links.  In other words, it is "DoFollow".

If you want to know if a website has that tag on links you can use the Firefox addon called "NoDoFollow".  If you do a search for "NoDoFollow" the first result should lead you to the Mozilla addon page where you can install it.  (For free of course.)

Another favorite of mine is something called SeoQuake.  It's a free addon that will put a line through NoFollow links (if you tell it to) but it also will tell you a LOT more about a web page.  (How old it is, how many backlinks, how many pages are indexed, Alexa rank and so on...)

BUT, please stay current on the GDI Forum rules before posting any links anywhere.  Smiley

Hope this helps.

Vincent Parker

Vincent R. Parker
Nav M.

Believe in yourself when nobody else will...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 08:51:49 AM »

Hey Vincent

Thats brilliant! I already use the SeoQuake....just didn't know it could check for nofollow and do-follow links.

Problem is, Mr Google bot doesn't visit this forum much....

or it just doesn't index any topics and posts anymore :S

weird....

anyway, thanks for the reply mate!

Nav

Global Domains International - My-WS

A NEW GDI REPLICATED SITE IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR ALL GDI AFFILIATES Email For Business Lead Capture Page

Global Domains International
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: