April 25, 2024, 05:29:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Banner Replacement for Templates Needed  (Read 3125 times)
CollinA

View Profile
« on: March 24, 2011, 09:56:41 AM »

I love referring people to GDI for a number of reasons and there is just one thing that I think desperately needs to be added that will get major brownie points; - customizable banners for the web templates in sitebuilder.

If you had 10 website with the same colors but different banners images, they would look like 10 different sites; but if you had 10 different sites with the same banner they would all look like the same site.  The one thing that really gives a site its feeling of uniqueness is the banner image that is displayed; it reflects the business and the owner so i think making the option of changing the banner image to the templates is a very important feature. 

I really hope that this can be considered seriously and implemented in the near future.  I love GDI!
Any helpful comments or other ways to accomplish what i'm saying with sitebuilder would be appreciated.
VParker

Vincent R Parker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 09:51:43 AM »

Hi Collin,

That is a great idea and I, too, hope that in the future more banners will be created for us to use.

BUT, you don't have to rely on GDI to create those banners for you.  There are plenty of free banner creation programs and websites out there that make creating a banner super easy.

Don't worry if you are not a graphic designer.  My girlfriend calls me cross eyed and colorblind when I try to decorate the house.  And yet I STILL have been able to create some very nice banners using the free programs out there.

I won't give any links as there are so many and I definitely would not want to give any sort of affiliate link on these forums.  Just do a search for create banner for free or something similar and you will find one that will suite your needs completely.

Hope this helps.

Vincent Parker

Vincent R. Parker
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: