April 19, 2024, 10:11:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Building your site  (Read 3175 times)
NancyK

View Profile WWW
« on: February 18, 2011, 09:34:22 AM »

Hello

Is it easier to build your site with an editor then upload to  GDI or to build it directly on the GDI site? 

I have a couple different sites and I use an Kompozer or Dreamweaver to build my sites with pages...can this be done right on the GDI site or am I better off using an editor?

Nancy
VParker

Vincent R Parker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 09:13:14 AM »

Hi Nancy,

Both are really great ways.

I am more of a control freak so, while the GDI site builder makes it really easy, there are some things it doesn't let me do.  So, I prefer to build my own and then use FTP to upload it.

However, I have seen some people use the GDI site builder and make some amazing sites.  Perhaps they just put a little more time into really learning the editor while I mostly just played.

I think it really comes down to what produces the results you want and what you enjoy doing.  You could always give the GDI site builder a try and if you don't like it switch back to uploading it yourself.

And of course you also have the option of using WordPress or Drupal to build the site too.  They don't actually have to look and behave like a blog.

Let us know what you come up with and give us a link so we can ooh and ahhh at your creativity.  Smiley

Vincent Parker

Vincent R. Parker
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: