April 27, 2024, 12:05:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Can you PLEASE help me?
Yes - 1 (100%)
No - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 1

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Email & POP  (Read 4578 times)
JoeCrowder

View Profile
« on: January 24, 2011, 11:29:03 AM »

I am trying to put my .ws email account on Outlook, but everything I have tried has failed! I called GDI technical support and all they could do was refer me to the info given in our member's area. I called my ISP provider and they were also of no help. Does anyone have their .ws email account on Outlook, and if so, would you PLEASE let me know how to set it up?   Huh

Thanks in advance!
Joe
VParker

Vincent R Parker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 06:54:39 PM »

Hi Joe,

I am using Outlook Express, but I think the steps will be the same.  Since you are using outlook I won't bother explaining what is below, this is exactly what is in my account options section.

First, of course, is add a new account in Outlook and configure the general setting however you like.

Server

My incoming mail server is a POP3 server.

Incoming mail(POP3): email.ws

Outgoing mail(SMTP): This is provided by your ISP.  Mine is smtp-server.nc.rr.com

Incoming mail server

Account name: Your full .ws email address. (yourname@yourdomain.ws)

Password: Your password.  (Mine is...wait...no, never mind)

Uncheck log on using secure password authentication and my server requires authentication.

Advanced

For me everything is unchecked.  Not sure if your numbers will be different but here are mine:

Outgoing mail is set to 25

Incoming mail is set to 110

Really hope this helps.  I know, little things like this can kill ya!  Smiley

Vincent Parker

Vincent R. Parker
SidneyForestier

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 12:41:28 PM »

I only use my ISP for connection not email, so in my case what should I use?  I have email client setup to bring in my gmail account, so do I use the smtp form that services?

Sincerely yours,

Kajun Bandit aka Sid
Nav M.

Believe in yourself when nobody else will...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 11:05:26 AM »

Hey man, GDI Email Service, Microsoft Outlook 2003 and me......don't go well together

But, with the amazing Google.......look what I found Cheesy

A step by step tutorial on how to setup your .WS  GDI email account with outlook! WITH SCREENSHOTS!

My-WS - How to Setup your Mailbox with Global Domains International and use your Mailbox with Microsoft Office Outlook

If you've already setup your email account with GDI, scroll down the page until you get to the Outlook section.

Hope i helped! Cheesy

Global Domains International - My-WS

A NEW GDI REPLICATED SITE IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR ALL GDI AFFILIATES Email For Business Lead Capture Page

Global Domains International
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: