April 29, 2024, 05:14:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WordPress No Longer Uploading Themes  (Read 2676 times)
D_Swan

View Profile
« on: January 17, 2011, 11:11:36 AM »

Hi,

I uploaded a theme just playing around and it worked fine. Then later that day I paid for a really nice template and was ready to kick off my site as I'm in the free trial (almost at the end now probably have a day or 2). I tried uploading it and it wouldn't let me. It just goes to a problem loading page error.

The connection was reset

"The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.     

*   The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
          moments.

*   If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
          connection.

*   If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
          that Firefox is permitted to access the Web."

It doesn't work when I try upload it at work either.

Any ideas anyone. Support is taking a while to get back to me and this is holding up my site.
D_Swan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 09:28:17 AM »

I've tried ftp and wordpress neither work.

Support tells me it works fine on their end even after I told them it doesn't work for me at home and work and showed them the details I used they just give me the standard

Host: ftp.10makes20.ws
Username: same as your GDI username
Password: same as your GDI password
Port: 21

I know how to connect to ftp I've been doing it for years. I connected to my website.ws account then used filezilla to connect and got a could not connect warning and posted the text into the support email. then remote connected to my home computer to copy the text saying that my login details are incorrect even though I copy and poasted them from a temporary word document into the website.ws login then copied the same details to the ftp program.

Anyone got any ideas while I wait for probably what will be another email telling me the same stuff. Angry
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: