March 29, 2024, 08:58:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FTP Login  (Read 24013 times)
Martin_B

View Profile
« on: January 13, 2011, 10:29:10 AM »

Hi,

I have installed Wordpress. But need a ftp access.
ftp.Domain.ws
ID gdi username
PW gdi pw

does not work.

What can I do?

Thanks for the help
Martin
SDBoltsFan
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 10:31:41 AM »

Hi,

I have installed Wordpress. But need a ftp access.
ftp.Domain.ws
ID gdi username
PW gdi pw

does not work.

What can I do?

Thanks for the help
Martin

Hello Martin,

Is it possible that you could have changed the Username and Password at some point? If so, have you attempted to use the "Lost Your Password?" function?

Amauri
GDI Forum Support
Martin_B

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 10:17:26 AM »

Hi,

The password works everywhere.
I try ftp with browser and Filezilla - no connection
I forgot my password feature is not there.

(I translated with Google because I can not English. Sorry for the bad English)
Martin_B

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 10:52:42 AM »

Is it possible to ftp to work?

The following error appears me.

Response: 530 Login incorrect.
Error: Critical error
Error: Connect to server failed

---------------------------------------
Gibt es keine Möglichkeit mit ftp zu arbeiten?

Folgender Fehler wird mir angezeigt.

Antwort:   530 Login incorrect.
Fehler:   Kritischer Fehler
Fehler:   Herstellen der Verbindung zum Server fehlgeschlagen
Martin_B

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 08:55:39 AM »

Too bad that there is no competent help. Thus it has been pressed is unfortunately not useful.
So one can only wait until it be true professionals. Will not happen as fast as I think.
SDBoltsFan
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 09:17:45 AM »

Too bad that there is no competent help. Thus it has been pressed is unfortunately not useful.
So one can only wait until it be true professionals. Will not happen as fast as I think.

Hello Martin,

It is unfair to say there is no competent help here in the forum. This is a community forum and the skills of the members vary from novice to pretty advanced. Not everyone checks the forum on a daily basis so your question might go unanswered for some time or it is possible that people just don't know your answer. Regardless, everyone in the forum is here to help and if someone is able to answer your question they will more than likely do so.

Now on to your issue, the type of question you have is one that requires additional private information regarding your account such as your domain, username, and possibly your password so that someone can troubleshoot the problem properly. All items, that for security purposes should probably not be shared in a community forum. Have you attempted to contact our support team? if you haven't done so I would highly suggest you do so. You may contact our Support Department by email at support@wsdomains.ws or you may call (1)760-602-3000 Monday-Friday from 8AM-5PM Pacific Standard Time. Please listen to the entire list of telephone choices in order to ensure you reach the proper department.

NOTE: Our office hours are based on the Pacific Standard Time Zone. Please make sure when contacting our office that you please do so from a time in your local time zone that is within GDI’s hours of operation. For more information on Time Zones and Time zone differences, please visit http://www.worldtimezone.com/. For information on proper long distance or international calling procedures, please visit http://www.countrycallingcodes.com/.

Amauri
GDI Forum Support
VParker

Vincent R Parker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 03:04:52 PM »

That information is correct.  I just used it to access my blog files via FTP and it worked like it always does.

Perhaps some clarification and additional information is needed?

Host:  ftp.your_domain.ws   (if you have a .com it would be ftp.your_domain.com.  Be sure to replace your_domain with your actual domain.)

Username:  your_actual_gdi_username  (the name you use to log into your GDI member's area)

Password:  your_actual_gdi_password (the same password you use to log into your GDI member's area)

Port:  21

Hopefully you find out what is going on soon.  Probably something small.  Support will definitely be able to help walk you through it.

Vincent Parker

Vincent R. Parker
Martin_B

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 12:41:03 PM »

at least there is now a reaction. Thank you!

Information I have given. I worked for 10 years on the Internet.
Username, password me everything is conscious!

I always get the error
Response: 530 Login incorrect.
Error: Critical error
Error: Connect to server failed

Support I've tried. I get the response it economically
done. But nothing happens.
If new request is not known.
Phone support is a problem because I do not speak English.
XavierHall

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 10:46:57 AM »

for those who are having problems logging into there ftp sites i beleive the first and most important and underlooked step is the fact that you much have your hosting domain status on web hosting instead of fowarding, if your web domain is on fowarding it will most certainly NOT work 100% 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: