April 20, 2024, 01:24:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there a list somewhere of where & how you can and can't market your business?  (Read 2911 times)
D Nelsey

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2010, 10:21:56 AM »

I sometimes need things just laid out in front of me (I like a nice and neat list) and I was hoping someone could tell me if there is a list of ways and places you can and can't market your business and no no's that you shouldn't do. I feel I am getting bits and pieces here and there of how to do this. (please forgive me, I just started)

I have a face painting / airbrush temp. tattoo business and was going to have business cards to pass out or grab at my booth at events.

I am probably going to have to go the non friend and relative route as I know how most of them feel about Internet work at home or jobs/ businesses and won't believe me until I can actually show them a paycheck.  Undecided

I get the spam issue. This is a no no.  Smiley

Also, since this is my own business, can I make up my own business cards? I can probably print them off my computer cheaper than I can buy them.

Thanks for the advice, Dawn
David Minns

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 11:31:24 AM »

Hi,

You can order 1000 business for not very much money (about $50). Much simpler than making them yourself. I have a GDI site all about business card www.5pcard.com

It has some templates you might like to use and also some ideas for marketing your cards. You need to set yourself a target for your cards. For example, hand out 10 per day with out fail. You also need to make them look professional. A home made card doesn't look like you are making a lot of money online. A lot of marketing is down to image. If it looks good, more people will trust it.

You should also think about viral marketing online, what can you do that will spread without you working hard!

Hope this helps.

David

Ask me for my free PDF GDI sales guide. 29 pages of ideas that helped me grow a good downline. Or click on my name above my photo to get the file now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: