April 27, 2024, 06:03:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: capture pages  (Read 4255 times)
SmithBenjamin

View Profile
« on: June 30, 2010, 09:03:48 AM »

Is there any way to make changes to GDI capture pages the one with the ferrari on it, or do you have to leave tem as is.
Stephen Hanley

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 11:48:47 AM »

The GDI 'Replicated Websites' cannot be altered, they are standard among all affiliates and are automatically branded with your user ID to aid in sponsoring new affiliates to your 1st level down-line.

When people quit anything in life, it's always just before they were about to succeed!
RoyceMills

Need help with GDI Sign-ups?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 11:30:15 PM »

Or you can make your own, if you know how... I would be glad to share mine... I will make it with YOUR GDI Link in it... just go to my profile website to see what it looks like.

Royce Mills
If you need Traffic, or help with GDI sign-ups just let me know!
Dee F

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 12:21:23 PM »

I am in the process of making a splash page and can't see how to acess the hosting on GDI to upload it.
I think I am right in saying that the hosting is included in my membership of GDI but I cannot see it on the menu - I don't want to build a site but a sitebuilder is in the menu - maybe I have to access that and then upload my own splash page?   Is ftp in there and explained?
Thanks
Denise
JennyF

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 10:39:46 AM »

Dee,

on the bottom left of your menu when you are in the members menu area, you will see the domain or domains that you have with GDI as an active link. Click on that and you go to a page where you can choose the 'Basic Hosting' option and get the FTP instructions for uploading your own HTML files. Ignore any references to the GDI sitebuilder if you have made your own page/pages offline

You are, in effect building a site, albeit with only one page, so at least one page name will have to be called index.html
However, you can make other pages which need not necessarily be linked from or to index.html 

I used a service called Mail-Maniac to make a name/email capture form which sends the details back to my email, but I get a lot of spam that way because web crawlers can pick up the target email address.

The alternative is to create a splash/capture page with a service like InstantSplash which host your splash pages on their own servers. Google for splash page maker and you'll find others. Some splashpage makers have a way to integrate with an autoresponder which gets around the spam problem.

Jenny Fletcher
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: