April 27, 2024, 10:56:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DVD Presentation Skips  (Read 2917 times)
Elder Garcia

View Profile
« on: June 29, 2010, 09:07:22 AM »

Hi,

Just wondering why my friends DVD presentation CD skip back to the beginning constantly on his home portable DVD player and his windows xp? He said that he didn't get a chance to see the beginning of the presentation at all Sad

The CD is not scratch because it work fine on my laptop. Does he need to reformat using an external DVD drive? or probably providing the system supports booting to usb?
Elder Cool Cool Cool

Sign 5 and train them each sign 5. Rinse and repeat!
Stephen Hanley

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 11:48:47 AM »

Hi there Elder!

I have found that many DVD players are more sensitive to scratches than others, even if there's a very fine scratch or fingerprint, the laser can be interrupted. Also check that the reverse (label) side of the disc isn't scratched too. However you state that it is not scratched, this becomes a more interesting issue.

- Be sure the DVD is a genuine GDI product.
- Check if the DVD player is Region Free (Multi-Region).
- In Windows XP, make sure that Windows Media Player 9 or later is installed.
- You may need to install a 'DVD Decoder Plug-in' on Windows XP for the DVD to play.

Apart from that, I feel it may be a bit of a mystery! Good luck!  Cool

When people quit anything in life, it's always just before they were about to succeed!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: