March 29, 2024, 06:29:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome to Talk.ws - The Official Forum for all GDI members!

If you are a new member please make sure to read the "Forum Rules, Forum Tutorials, and GDI FAQs" section.

Please avoid posting any questions which may require us to discuss detailed information regarding your GDI account. Such questions should be submitted to support@wsdomains.ws.

GDI has a strict Anti-SPAM policy. Please do NOT send unsolicited messages via Private Message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FAQs – Email  (Read 7485 times)
SDBoltsFan
Administrator

View Profile
« on: May 13, 2010, 06:05:45 PM »

1. How do I setup email for my domain?

Simply click the “Setup Your Email” link from within your account. Please note, our email services will only work for domains pointing to our servers. If you are using another hosting company (Own NameServers Option), they will provide email services for your domain.

You may choose any of 4 (four) options for each email address you create using your .ws domain(s):

WebMail: Check your email on the web via www.Email.ws. This simple yet full-featured webmail system works just like "Hotmail" or "Yahoo" webmail.

Forward Email: With this setting, if someone sends a message to whatever@yourdomain.ws , you can choose to have it forwarded to any existing email account you currently use. Set up forwarding for any email address from within email.ws.

POP: This option allows you to download your email directly using an email program of your own. NOTE: If you choose to download your mail, it will be removed from your WebMail interface. Instructions on accessing your email via POP are included with each setup email you receive, as well as the Help section at email.ws.

IMAP: This is the newer client-server protocol. Instructions on accessing your email via IMAP are included with each setup email you receive, as well as the Help section at email.ws.

2. How many email addresses can I create?

You may create a maximum of 10 email addresses per domain.

3. How much space do I get for each one?
1 Gigabyte.

4. How do I read my email?

You may sign into your mailbox by visiting http://email.ws.

5.  How do I set up POP or IMAP?

From within the email client you wish to use, you will need to enter the following information:

Incoming Mail Server > email.ws
     Outgoing Mail Server > Provided by your ISP
     Account Name > Email.ws address you are using to setup

6.  Can I use your email service while my domain is hosted with a different company?

No. Our email service will only work for domains pointing to our servers. If you are using another hosting company (Own NameServers Option), they will provide email services for your domain.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 03:23:17 PM by SDBoltsFan » Logged

Amauri
GDI Forum Support
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: